Mod
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1150 Cook Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 1BR + den)
Sales status: now selling
Mod is a 15-storey condominium tower with ground floor commercial space along the 1100-block of Cook Street at... (view full profile)
Learn more about Mod on Citified.ca      Official website: https://modvictoria.com
Photo

[Downtown] Mod | Condos; retail | 15-storeys

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#221 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 09:29 AM

You'll want that portable AC.

• Matt R. likes this

#222 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 09:52 AM

Oh they have ports? That’s excellent. A portable unit is just fine.

I don’t think I’ve seen that before in Victoria (ports).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#223 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,797 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 10:13 AM

It was an add on to the contract. It’s essentially just a window with a port in it. Works for me.

We use a portable at home and for a ~700 Sq ft space it’ll be adequate.
  • Nparker likes this

#224 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, totally. Decent portable units are worth every penny.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#225 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,006 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 07:51 AM

High ceilings and fully glazed store front in combination with stunning podium and tower design make this space within Mod something special. With thousands of homes nearby and the revitalization of the Harris Green neighborhood underway thousands more homes are coming. An extremely unique opportunity for a business owner to own their own space in a building with extremely high vehicular and pedestrian exposure. A very unique retail opportunity. Completion scheduled for summer 2023. Price+GST. LA has interest. Offers on Developer's contract. Images are conceptual renders. Note the floor plan in supplements depicts all 3 CRU's. This listing pertains to the middle CRU of 59sm.

$549,000

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 May 2022 - 07:51 AM.

#226 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 25 May 2022 - 10:48 AM

Future-retail-spaces-at-Pluto-Diner's-former-location-earmarked-for-landmark-cafe-or-coffee-shop.jpg

A rendering of Mod, now under construction at 1150 Cook Street and View Street. The 15-storey tower is rising in the former location of Pluto's Diner, and its upcoming ground-level retail spaces are earmarked for a future cafe or coffee shop destination, Mod's developers say.

Future retail spaces at Pluto Diner's former location earmarked for landmark cafe or coffee shop

• Kapten Kapsell and 2F2R like this
Know it all.

#227 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 08 June 2022 - 09:15 AM

Downtown Victoria's Mod condominium reaches 50% sold status; 'book-end' tower popular for protected views

https://victoria.cit...rotected-views/

Referencing the latest sales data from the Victoria Real-Estate Board, the average condominium suite on the re-sale market is $650,000. Robbins notes that “of the inventory remaining for purchase at Mod, approximately 40% of homes are priced from the mid-$400,000s, well below this average.”

Know it all.

#228 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,770 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 June 2022 - 05:41 PM

20220625_094627_resized.jpg

• Nparker, 2F2R and Matt R. like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#229 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,006 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 04:58 PM

$449,000

103 1150 Cook St

Prime location retail space in the Mod! Premiere location fronting Cook St just south of View St. 129 residential units over commercial space now under construction. This is 1 of 3 Commercial spaces. Unit 103 is 517 sq ft & will be boarded & taped ready for paint for your own design & layout. At the SE corner of the downtown core, Mod connects downtown to Rockland & Cook St village. This mixed use project will be iconic. High ceilings & fully glassed store front in combination with stunning podium & tower design make this space within Mod something special. With thousands of homes nearby & the revitalization of the Harris Green neighbourhood underway thousands more homes are coming. An extremely unique opportunity for a business owner to own their own space in a building with extremely high vehicle & pedestrian exposure. A very unique retail opportunity. Why rent when you can own! 

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

#230 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 28 July 2022 - 08:56 AM

Apparently this is an issue in our market. Good earning young couples are finding it difficult to amass a 15% DP just to make a deposit, while they wait for construction to finish. What the Mod developers are doing is dropping the DP to 10% and making it payable over one year.

Victoria developer launches unique first-time buyer program at downtown's Mod condo tower

https://victoria.cit...od-condo-tower/

• Matt R. likes this
Know it all.

#231 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,172 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 July 2022 - 10:53 AM

Apparently this is an issue in our market. Good earning young couples are finding it difficult to amass a 15% DP just to make a deposit, while they wait for construction to finish. What the Mod developers are doing is dropping the DP to 10% and making it payable over one year.

Victoria developer launches unique first-time buyer program at downtown's Mod condo tower

https://victoria.cit...od-condo-tower/

Saving 75k over a few years is tough for many. Many people don't sacrifice frivolous expenses like they used to. Some stuff isn't frivolous, but if you give me a couple making 150k combined, I bet I can create a easily livable budget that allows them to save 75k over 5 years. It won't include daily lattes at Starbucks though.

#232 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 11:27 AM

Totally.

It’s doable, for sure. Until you’ve done it, it can be hard to set a $75,000 savings goal with a five year timeline. It looks impossible, and five years feels impossibly long when you’re at Day 1, and you’d just like to get into the market now.

Know it all.

#233 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,006 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 11:35 AM

I think almost anyone, in almost any salary bracket, can save 10-15%.  Few do, of course.

#234 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 04:07 PM

Saving 75k over a few years is tough for many. Many people don't sacrifice frivolous expenses like they used to. Some stuff isn't frivolous, but if you give me a couple making 150k combined, I bet I can create a easily livable budget that allows them to save 75k over 5 years. It won't include daily lattes at Starbucks though.

A 150K household is top 5-10% income in the country. Are we really at the point where only a tenth of the population could possibly afford a condo if only they skipped their avocado toasts and their Netflix subscriptions?

#235 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,797 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 04:15 PM

Yes we are.

#236 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,172 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 July 2022 - 08:17 PM

I was responding specifically to Mikes comment about ‘good earning young couples’. It’d be much harder for a young family on 75k annual income to save that, though maybe still possible.

#237 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,172 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 28 July 2022 - 08:19 PM

75k annual household is basically two service level full time jobs by the way. Pretty much anyone can do better than that by simply working something that pays better like construction or in a trade etc.
  • Matt R. and Barrrister like this

#238 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,797 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 09:25 PM

Took a rip around the big city today, so much construction happening in Esquimalt!

Mod today, it’s no longer just a hole in the ground.

EB3B3267-CB5F-484C-A1BC-D7C149756CC6.jpeg
  • Kapten Kapsell, Nparker and 2F2R like this

#239 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 09:54 AM

Mod today, it’s no longer just a hole in the ground.

I think you missed out on a career writing tourism slogans.

• Nparker likes this

#240 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,797 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 09:56 AM

No, I’m still working in that field. Check out my new one.

“Salt Spring island; nice place to visit, but leave your bikes at home.”

See? Nailed it.
  • Barrrister likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users