COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#20921 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,490 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 11:55 AM

Here's another clown on this forum with a post in which he calls for a restriction in healthcare, and the death of all unvaccinated Canadians. A final solution you might say for upwards of seven million human beings. 

I was disgusted when I read this, deeply saddened by it. I realized how it must feel to be oppressed and to fear for your life. Haven't we spent a lifetime working against ideologies like this? 

It has taken me a while to come to terms with and re-post it. 

TFord 

Spy is a byproduct. I don't believe for an instant this thinking is a majority. It might get amplified by the media but most people don't think this way. I am reminded of that by most of my old friends, much of my work interactions, and the shifting sentiment. 

Hate Inc. is an interesting study of this media effect. Written on the subject of Mr. T but applicable to now more than ever. 

The Ten Rules of Hate:

1. THERE ARE ONLY TWO IDEAS

2. THE TWO IDEAS ARE IN PERMANENT CONFLICT

3. HATE PEOPLE, NOT INSTITUTIONS

4. EVERYTHING IS SOMEONE ELSE’S FAULT

5. NOTHING IS EVERYONE’S FAULT

6. ROOT, DON’T THINK

7. NO SWITCHING TEAMS
8. THE OTHER SIDE IS LITERALLY HITLER
9. IN THE FIGHT AGAINST HITLER, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED
10. FEEL SUPERIOR

Edited by dasmo, 21 January 2022 - 11:56 AM.

• Moderation likes this

#20922 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,490 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:22 PM

Ireland will be lifting almost all of its COVID restrictions from 6 am tomorrow, January 22.

https://www.irishcen...id-restrictions

• max.bravo and TFord like this

#20923 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:27 PM

^^ 11. ALL CAPS ON THE INTERNET IS REQUIRED!

• Matt R., dasmo and vortoozo like this

#20924 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:44 PM

Reuters, really? 

come on 

TFord 

Please give some sources that discuss rMNA process and the similarity and difference to it compared to gene therapy or clear description of what you mean by how gene therapy works and how rMNA vaccines work.

One has to have an understanding what rMNA vaccine do and how they do it and what is gene therapy what it does and how it works.  Until that information,, which may be seen differently, is described  it is difficult to get past... I am right and you are wrong. Each view has to have information like this before they can hold constructive discussion. 

#20925 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,490 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:56 PM

^^ 11. ALL CAPS ON THE INTERNET IS REQUIRED!

Appropriate in this case....

#20926 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:17 PM

Spy is a byproduct. I don't believe for an instant this thinking is a majority. It might get amplified by the media but most people don't think this way. I am reminded of that by most of my old friends, much of my work interactions, and the shifting sentiment. 

Hate Inc. is an interesting study of this media effect. Written on the subject of Mr. T but applicable to now more than ever. 

The Ten Rules of Hate:

1. THERE ARE ONLY TWO IDEAS

2. THE TWO IDEAS ARE IN PERMANENT CONFLICT

3. HATE PEOPLE, NOT INSTITUTIONS

4. EVERYTHING IS SOMEONE ELSE’S FAULT

5. NOTHING IS EVERYONE’S FAULT

6. ROOT, DON’T THINK

7. NO SWITCHING TEAMS
8. THE OTHER SIDE IS LITERALLY HITLER
9. IN THE FIGHT AGAINST HITLER, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED
10. FEEL SUPERIOR

Thanks Dasmo, I hear you. 

I am surrounded by a large circle of friends and throughout this pandemic I felt nothing but support and encouragement. In our group of around 50 individuals, many of whom own and operate businesses in town, its 60-40 in favour of the vaccine.  In their extended circles the numbers are roughly the same. 

This forum is a bit of echo chamber with the same dozen or so folk commenting. It in no way reflects the views of the wider community. I sometimes have to remind myself of that. 

The speed at which the narrative is changing has caught even me by surprise, Dasmo have you any thoughts as to why they are reversing course so rapidly?

Thankful all the same

TFord  

#20927 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:22 PM

Please give some sources that discuss rMNA process and the similarity and difference to it compared to gene therapy or clear description of what you mean by how gene therapy works and how rMNA vaccines work.

One has to have an understanding what rMNA vaccine do and how they do it and what is gene therapy what it does and how it works.  Until that information,, which may be seen differently, is described  it is difficult to get past... I am right and you are wrong. Each view has to have information like this before they can hold constructive discussion. 

Bottom line - you don't want to listen to my sources Moderation. You ignore them as conspiracy theories

If you haven't listened to, or given fair hearing to guys like Peter Cory and Robert Malone we will never agree

TFord 

#20928 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:24 PM

Ireland will be lifting almost all of its COVID restrictions from 6 am tomorrow, January 22.

https://www.irishcen...id-restrictions

amazing news 

#20929 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:43 PM

Bonnie Henry said this morning 

"we cannot eliminate all risk' and the new approach moving forward will be "much more like how we manage influenza" 

funny that - I don't remember the influenza vaccine passport system 

TFord 

Edited by TFord, 21 January 2022 - 01:44 PM.

#20930 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:46 PM

fantastic 

https://www.gofundme...49c0f08e304574e

TFord 

#20931 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:47 PM

Reuters, really? 

come on 

TFord 

How do you evaluate news sources? Here is one review of Reuters compare to 250 other news sources. 

https://www.thefactu...uters-reliable/

You may want to check out the sources that you feel are reliable on this platform. My opinion is they called accurately for Reuters on the left right spectrum as well as trust worthy

(I did not do a dive into there methods but it looks reasonable)

#20932 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:49 PM

How do you evaluate news sources? Here is one review of Reuters compare to 250 other news sources. 

https://www.thefactu...uters-reliable/

You may want to check out the sources that you feel are reliable on this platform. My opinion is they called accurately for Reuters on the left right spectrum as well as trust worthy

(I did not do a dive into there methods but it looks reasonable)

Thanks I hadn't seen this, I will have a read and get back to you.

TFord 

#20933 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:08 PM

Bottom line - you don't want to listen to my sources Moderation. You ignore them as conspiracy theories

If you haven't listened to, or given fair hearing to guys like Peter Cory and Robert Malone we will never agree

TFord 

Give me examples where I have called your sources conspiracy theories. How do you conclude I have not listened. I do not believe that I have stated here an opinion on this matter.

It is possible for opposing positions to both be correct as seen from there perspective. 

I gave an example and a reference that people of both sides of the rNA vaccine is not  gene therapy vs yes it is a form of gene therapy.  If you do not explain or define what you are talking about a discussion can not begin. As I said.......

#20934 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:08 PM

Bonnie Henry said this morning 

"we cannot eliminate all risk' and the new approach moving forward will be "much more like how we manage influenza" 

funny that - I don't remember the influenza vaccine passport system 

TFord 

True. I think most expect the vaccine passport system to be dropped. The main question is when. Hopefully sooner rather than later, along with capacity, masking and testing requirements except perhaps in old folks homes. It likely all depends on when the PHO feels comfortable with the numbers and we certainly aren't there right now.

#20935 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:17 PM

Strange headline.

Dr. Bonnie Henry says 70 per cent of people getting tested for COVID-19 don't have it

B.C.'s top doctor provided some clarification on who should get tested.

Through two years of the pandemic the average testing positive has been under 15%.   Why the concern now?

While the Omicron variant is spreading rapidly in communities across B.C., most people who get tested for COVID-19—a staggering 70 per cent—do not test positive. 

A "staggering" 70%?   Wtf. 

October, 2021:

Health minister Adrian Dix is urging caution as COVID-19 numbers stabilize, saying the northern region had a test positivity rate of 19 per cent on Wednesday compared with a rate of four to five per cent for the rest of the province.

Dix said the lowest test positivity rate of 2.5 per cent was in Vancouver Coastal.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...oct27-1.6227068

December, 2021:

The seven-day average positivity rate in B.C. is now sitting at around 14.5 per cent in the province, with similar rates noted in all five health authorities.

January, 2021:

The province conducted 9,345 tests in the past 24 hours — the highest number since Dec. 19 — producing a 7.8 per cent positivity rate.

May, 2021:

The provincial test positivity rate has also fallen from a high of about 11 per cent in early April to just over seven per cent.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 January 2022 - 02:31 PM.

#20936 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,490 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:39 PM

The speed at which the narrative is changing has caught even me by surprise, Dasmo have you any thoughts as to why they are reversing course so rapidly?

It is surprising and welcome. Hard to nail down any particular theory as to why. But, I will say that the idea that we should rejoice that they are giving us back our freedom is flawed. It isn't theirs to give back. The policies they implemented have done a lot of damage that now needs repairing and investigating. Plus, we need to review our legislation to prevent this from ever happing again. So until that sort or rhetoric is coming form the MSM and our government, I remain guarded. 

#20937 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:42 PM

It is surprising and welcome. Hard to nail down any particular theory as to why. But, I will say that the idea that we should rejoice that they are giving us back our freedom is flawed. It isn't theirs to give back. The policies they implemented have done a lot of damage that now needs repairing and investigating. Plus, we need to review our legislation to prevent this from ever happing again. So until that sort or rhetoric is coming form the MSM and our government, I remain guarded. 

Two reason. They are running out of money and need to wind down support programs. Can't do that if everyone thinks we still have a crisis. Second reason is that Henry and Horgan's popularity has fallen off of a cliff. Need to protect that at all costs!

• phx, dasmo, Victoria Watcher and 1 other like this

#20938 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,490 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:47 PM

Two reason. They are running out of money and need to wind down support programs. Can't do that if everyone thinks we still have a crisis. Second reason is that Henry and Horgan's popularity has fallen off of a cliff. Need to protect that at all costs!

Solid theory. 

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#20939 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:55 PM

Postmedia:

Dr. Bonnie Henry, British Columbia’s chief medical officer, said today that “we cannot eliminate all risk” and that their new approach moving forward will be “much more like how we manage influenza”.

#20940 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:37 PM

Alberta COVID-19 hospitalizations climb to more than 1,190, active cases declining

https://edmontonjour...ba0f7b335d/amp/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 January 2022 - 03:37 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users