Photo

COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#21021 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:03 PM

nice try.... That is an insanely successful fundraiser. 

I don't disagree, but the fervent population is much bigger...  Does it show how many donors?

#21022 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:06 PM

I don't disagree, but the fervent population is much bigger...  Does it show how many donors?

47.1K donations

• Matt R. likes this

#21023 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:09 PM

this is now one of the top ten GofundMe campaigns ever.... 

https://gazetterevie...r-money-raised/

• max.bravo likes this

#21024 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:10 PM

But in the world according to Ismo07 it's a "meh"... How can this be a discussion. It's light talking to a gas light....  

• max.bravo likes this

#21025 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,554 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:14 PM

We are all being fooled by number tricks. (see 95% effective, and CASES).

Don’t change the goal posts.

This is a good example of fear mongering by people who claim authorities are misleading us, while they too mislead us.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#21026 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:17 PM

Don’t change the goal posts.

This is a good example of fear mongering by people who claim authorities are misleading us, while they too mislead us.

I'm not.  So this fearmongering concerns you but the last two years doesn't? This thread is lit by gas.... 

#21027 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,554 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:18 PM

You’re gaslighting us, dude.

Your trucker group is lying to us. And you’re enabling them by spreading their misinformation, knowingly and willingly.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#21028 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,037 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:19 PM

I don’t understand the truck thing. Not really following. But I think it’s good that there is opposition.

#21029 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:20 PM

I might add that disruption to the supply chain is happening right now. Anyone involved in industries that rely on it will tell you so.... That isn't fear mongering. That just is. This mandate is on top of the disruption that was already there. It is denial to think this will have no effect at all. 

#21030 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:20 PM

But in the world according to Ismo07 it's a "meh"... How can this be a discussion. It's light talking to a gas light....  

47,100 people have donated in a country of 38M...  I just am saying I don't believe it will have an impact.  Once (if) the shelves start dwindling because trucks can't get through the border (each way) that will do it.  Everyone loves trucks going by, I'm not going to show the numbers that come out for the truck parade annually in Victoria to prove the same point.  I'm glad all the money collected will be going to gas stations and restaurants through Canada and the remainder is suppose to be donated to various charities...   I was just asking what you thought...  You've taken a little too much care for it that's certain..  Jeez can't ask questions to have a discussion anymore.  Sorry Dasmo, I'll go back to not asking you any questions...  You seem triggered...

#21031 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:21 PM

You’re gaslighting us, dude.

Your trucker group is lying to us. And you’re enabling them by spreading their misinformation, knowingly and willingly.

oh man.... That fund raising campaign is real man. you can see it with your own eyes. I know it is hard but change the gas light to an led maybe? 

#21032 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:23 PM

47,100 people have donated in a country of 38M...  I just am saying I don't believe it will have an impact.  Once (if) the shelves start dwindling because trucks can't get through the border (each way) that will do it.  Everyone loves trucks going by, I'm not going to show the numbers that come out for the truck parade annually in Victoria to prove the same point.  I'm glad all the money collected will be going to gas stations and restaurants through Canada and the remainder is suppose to be donated to various charities...   I was just asking what you thought...  You've taken a little too much care for it that's certain..  Jeez can't ask questions to have a discussion anymore.  Sorry Dasmo, I'll go back to not asking you any questions...  You seem triggered...

You are too sensitive. 

• Ismo07 likes this

#21033 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:23 PM

I might add that disruption to the supply chain is happening right now. Anyone involved in industries that rely on it will tell you so.... That isn't fear mongering. That just is. This mandate is on top of the disruption that was already there. It is denial to think this will have no effect at all. 

Oh my I can't help it.  No one has said there will be no effect from the border mandates.  All I asked is what will this convoy do...?  Besides help to affect the supply chain in a negative manner.

#21034 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,554 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:24 PM

oh man.... That fund raising campaign is real man. you can see it with your own eyes. I know it is hard but change the gas light to an led maybe?

It’s real, but their fear-making statistics are lies.

The dude driving a moving truck to Courtenay is a “trucker.” He’s not going to be crossing any borders unless he’s running from the cops. But your trucker group says his vaccine status will cause supply chain disruptions at the border. It’s deceitful.

Find better groups to get behind. This one ain’t it.

Know it all.

#21035 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:28 PM

It’s real, but their fear-making statistics are lies.

The dude driving a moving truck to Courtenay is a “trucker.” He’s not going to be crossing any borders unless he’s running from the cops. But your trucker group says his vaccine status will cause supply chain disruptions at the border. It’s deceitful.

Find better groups to get behind. This one ain’t it.

These aren't "my" groups.. I'm not sure you understand what gaslighting is. 

#21036 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:29 PM

Oh my I can't help it.  No one has said there will be no effect from the border mandates.  All I asked is what will this convoy do...?  Besides help to affect the supply chain in a negative manner.

And I answered your question with an honest answer. You are the one that is projecting all this extra stuff on me. 

Edited by dasmo, 24 January 2022 - 02:29 PM.

#21037 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,554 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:31 PM

These aren't "my" groups.. I'm not sure you understand what gaslighting is.

You’re the one dying on this hill. It’s up to you if you think it’s worth it.

Know it all.

#21038 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:32 PM

Ismo07, If this world comes to a place where I can go into a a pub without having to show my papers I would like to have a pint with you and see what kind of a discussion happens in real space. 

#21039 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:32 PM

You’re the one dying on this hill. It’s up to you if you think it’s worth it.

I'm not dying.... 

#21040 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 03:02 PM

Ismo07, If this world comes to a place where I can go into a a pub without having to show my papers I would like to have a pint with you and see what kind of a discussion happens in real space. 

Oh we will get there for sure...  There is no question this will end...  I thought you said you are vaxxed...  You are just not liking to show proof?

Edited by Ismo07, 24 January 2022 - 03:03 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users