COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#25741 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,852 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 08:41 AM

I find this promising for the rest of us humans to go back to life...back to reality. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=oTR5-EncMTM

Moments after winning the Italian Open on Sunday afternoon in Rome, Novak Djokovic closed his eyes, tilted his head toward the sky, smiled and raised his racket with his right arm as he received a standing ovation. The Serbian tennis star soaked in his first tournament title since November after missing a chunk of the season because he was unvaccinated against the coronavirus.

https://www.msn.com/...inal/ar-AAXjq6F

Indeed.  Every single vaccinated male player in the Italian Open lost during the tournament.  The unvaccinated guy was the only one to not suffer a loss.  He was strongest of all the men.  A lot of vaccinated guys wish they had that kind of strength.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 May 2022 - 08:42 AM.

• dasmo likes this

#25742 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 08:47 AM

But it had no measurable effect. It fared no better than jurisdictions that scrapped mask mandates months ago. So it’s not an effective “tool”. No point being in the toolbox.

And the science was never there to support their use either. This expert breaks it down. https://youtu.be/J3dnkbKoj4A

#25743 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 08:49 AM

But it had no measurable effect. It fared no better than jurisdictions that scrapped mask mandates months ago. So it’s not an effective “tool”. No point being in the toolbox.

Now I'm not a big mask fan, but you can't measure that and say there was no effect? What numbers would you be looking at?  Many places did worse than Quebec numbers-wise.  Not sure you can be so definitive

Obviously I did not say I don’t care.

I put the other totals to show that Covid should no longer be looked upon as a major issue.

Is it a major issue?  Except for more people being sick I do not hear much about Covid in the outside world.  What's the major story at this point?  Are we done with it?  No, of course not but it's been left behind by war, gas prices, abortion...  People have moved on, except for the ones you are still trying to be right.

about what worked and what didn't.  So many variables..

Edited by Ismo07, 16 May 2022 - 08:51 AM.

#25744 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 08:52 AM

Now I'm not a big mask fan, but you can't measure that and say there was no effect? What numbers would you be looking at?  Many places did worse than Quebec numbers-wise.  Not sure you can be so definitive

You should watch more youtube....

https://youtu.be/J3dnkbKoj4A

#25745 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 08:56 AM

Or just read the product instructions....

Can children wear respirators?
In their COVID-19 guidance on respirators (updated as of January 14, 2022), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states: “Parents and caregivers may have questions about NIOSH-approved respirators (such as N95s) for children. Although respirators may be available in smaller sizes, they are typically designed to be used by adults in workplaces, and therefore have not been tested for broad use in children.”

If a parent or guardian decides to provide a respirator to a child (such as when directed to do so by health authorities), then the parent or guardian must understand that he/she will be willingly accepting several risks for their child, including but not limited to the following considerations:

A respirator must form a good seal to the face to be effective, and children’s faces are unique and may be too small to obtain a good seal on respirators that were designed for adults' faces.
It is possible that some children will not be mature enough to use a respirator correctly.
All respirators have certain performance features and use requirements, and it is very important that all instructions are read and understood before providing a respirator to anyone.
It is important to realize that misuse of a respirator may result in sickness or death.
IMPORTANT: Infants and toddlers should never be given respirators due to the risk of choking and suffocation.

https://www.3m.com/3...covid19/my-n95/

#25746 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 09:03 AM

I need numbers...  Why did some of the States do so poorly without having many mandates?  Can you ask Mr. Petty that?  Did they not social distance?  Did they not get vaccinated?  Were they more apt to the virus because of where they lived?  Why are their ratios of death so much higher.

Especially love the rocket surgeons who say mask reduce your ability to breath air but can't stop much larger globs...  Yeah that's science.  Remember the Youtube guys explaining it's like catching mosquitos with a chain link fence.  Anyway like I said I don't care about masks or not...  It's not even worth a discussion.

By the way you can find anyone will say anything on the Youtube...

#25747 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 09:11 AM

I need numbers...  Why did some of the States do so poorly without having many mandates?  Can you ask Mr. Petty that?  Did they not social distance?  Did they not get vaccinated?  Were they more apt to the virus because of where they lived?  Why are their ratios of death so much higher.

Especially love the rocket surgeons who say mask reduce your ability to breath air but can't stop much larger globs...  Yeah that's science.  Remember the Youtube guys explaining it's like catching mosquitos with a chain link fence.  Anyway like I said I don't care about masks or not...  It's not even worth a discussion.

By the way you can find anyone will say anything on the Youtube...

You will find anyone will say anything anywhere... 

#25748 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 May 2022 - 09:16 AM

Masks absolutely do reduce the spread of virus containing droplets.  Mask effectiveness is also a factor of time.  Those few minutes you're face-to-face with a cashier in a grocery store, the masks help.  The hour you're conversing with your banker in a small room?  Maybe not so much.  That doesn't mean they don't help.  The other problem with masks is enforcement - nobody masks at a friend's indoor party.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#25749 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 09:18 AM

I find this instruction interesting speaking of people saying anything. This is why I couldn't got to restaurants for all this time. I couldn't handle witnessing the insanity.... Like sitting is a safe area vs going to the bathroom or walking through the door.... 

Is there a time limitation for wearing an N95 Filtering Facepiece Respirators?
There is no time limit to wearing an N95. Respirators can be worn until they are dirty, damaged, or difficult to breathe through. To be effective, a respirator needs to be worn correctly and worn throughout the duration of the hazardous exposure. People using a respirator will need to go to an area with safe air to remove the respirator for any reason, including to eat and drink.

#25750 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,852 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 09:19 AM

The hour you're conversing with your banker in a small room?  

I'd never have enough to talk about with my banker, to take an hour.

#25751 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 09:22 AM

...The hour you're conversing with your banker in a small room?...

What about the hour I am conversing with my GP in their office...oh wait... :whyme:

#25752 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 09:33 AM

The manufacturer doesn't even make such claims. 

https://www.3m.com/3.../dc/v000094067/

#25753 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 09:48 AM

Mask efficacy is based on common sense more than scientific studies. Think of it like sharing a room with someone who is farting- would you rather they were bare bum, or wearing underwear and pants. Excuse the metaphor but it nails the argument— you still expect to smell something, but at least the larger particles don’t have a chance to touch you.

That said, we should’ve received instructions to change our masks as frequently as our underwear. I’m sure it’s a net negative for your personal health to wear the same moist dirty mask everyday for 2 years. Bacteria city.

#25754 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 10:00 AM

Mask efficacy is based on common sense more than scientific studies. Think of it like sharing a room with someone who is farting- would you rather they were bare bum, or wearing underwear and pants. Excuse the metaphor but it nails the argument— you still expect to smell something, but at least the larger particles don’t have a chance to touch you.

That said, we should’ve received instructions to change our masks as frequently as our underwear. I’m sure it’s a net negative for your personal health to wear the same moist dirty mask everyday for 2 years. Bacteria city.

Not quite like that...  Not farting more like diarrheic...  Would you rather pants, just under pants or bare bummed..

I find this instruction interesting speaking of people saying anything. This is why I couldn't got to restaurants for all this time. I couldn't handle witnessing the insanity.... Like sitting is a safe area vs going to the bathroom or walking through the door.... 

Is there a time limitation for wearing an N95 Filtering Facepiece Respirators?
There is no time limit to wearing an N95. Respirators can be worn until they are dirty, damaged, or difficult to breathe through. To be effective, a respirator needs to be worn correctly and worn throughout the duration of the hazardous exposure. People using a respirator will need to go to an area with safe air to remove the respirator for any reason, including to eat and drink.

Scientific Brief: SARS-CoV-2 Transmission | CDC

#25755 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 May 2022 - 10:01 AM

I'm sure such a well informed person such as yourself didn't need experts to tell you to toss your mask in with a load of laundry...

If masks work, why can I still smell farts when I’m wearing one?
https://dearpandemic...ll-smell-farts/

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#25756 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 10:09 AM

Ah this guy is just interested in selling more environment control units...  Love it... Stephen Petty - Routledge & CRC Press Author Profile  Follow the greed by's..

Edited by Ismo07, 16 May 2022 - 10:12 AM.

#25757 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 10:36 AM

Ah this guy is just interested in selling more environment control units...  Love it... Stephen Petty - Routledge & CRC Press Author Profile  Follow the greed by's..

Irony abounds.... 

Full-Year 2021 Revenues of $81.3 Billion, Reflecting 92% Operational Growth; Excluding Contributions from Comirnaty(1) and Paxlovid, Revenues Grew 6% Operationally to $44.4 Billion

Yet this guy is an evil capitalist with an agenda to sell more AC units in his home town.... 

#25758 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 11:42 AM

Speaking of Irony....

Ukrainians and their family members coming to Canada from overseas

are exempt from Canada’s COVID-19 vaccination entry requirements, but must meet all other public health requirements for travel, such as quarantine and testing. With limited exceptions, all travellers to Canada, including anyone arriving under the CUAET, must also use ArriveCAN

https://www.canada.c...ncy-travel.html

#25759 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 11:54 AM

Expect some leftist heads to explode as they try to compute the logic on accepting unvaxed Ukrainians…

#25760 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 01:33 PM

Expect some leftist heads to explode as they try to compute the logic on accepting unvaxed Ukrainians…

I wonder if any if these refugees plan to become truck drivers?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)