screenshot-www.worldometers.info-2022.06.22-07_25_37.png

#26124 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:23 AM

Nearly 1 in 5 adults who had COVID have lingering symptoms - U.S. study
https://www.reuters....udy-2022-06-22/

A strain of poliovirus that can sometimes cause paralysis has cropped up in the sewers of London and may be spreading among closely-linked individuals in the north and east regions of the city, the U.K. Health Security Agency (UKHSA) warned (opens in new tab) Wednesday (June 22).

The UKHSA has launched an investigation to understand the scope of this spread and flag any suspected cases. In general, the virus poses an "extremely low" risk to the general public, but it does have the potential to spread in areas with patchy vaccine coverage, the agency advised.

"On rare occasions it can cause paralysis in people who are not fully vaccinated so if you or your child are not up to date with your polio vaccinations it’s important you contact your GP to catch up or if unsure check your Red Book," the child health record used by the National Health Service (NHS), Dr. Vanessa Saliba, the consultant epidemiologist at UKHSA, said in the statement. "Most of the U.K. population will be protected from vaccination in childhood, but in some communities with low vaccine coverage, individuals may remain at risk."

https://www.livescie...n-london-sewage

#26125 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:29 AM

Austria scraps COVID vaccine mandate, says it split society
Austria’s health minister says the country is scrapping a dormant coronavirus vaccine mandate, saying the measure risked polarizing society and could even lead to fewer people getting the shot

https://abcnews.go.c...ociety-85584632

Edited by dasmo, 23 June 2022 - 07:37 AM.

• max.bravo likes this

#26126 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 01:56 PM

BC is one of the only places in the world with remaining mandates - for public servants and nurses. We are in a league with China. Let that sink in.
  • phx, dasmo and Victoria Watcher like this

#26127 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 09:40 PM

BC is one of the only places in the world with remaining mandates - for public servants and nurses. We are in a league with China. Let that sink in.

You, and a couple of other rabid pundits here on the forum (with nothing better to do) ... are the only guys even still talking about this bit of history!

Move on losers!

• dasmo and Brayvehart like this

#26128 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 10:24 PM

You, and a couple of other rabid pundits here on the forum (with nothing better to do) ... are the only guys even still talking about this bit of history!

Move on losers!

5 of my former colleagues (that we know of) have committed suicide over these covid terminations. Lives are lost, and many more are turned upside down over someone deciding they don’t need an experimental therapeutic (that doesn’t work) to treat a disease that isn’t much more deadly than the flu (as confirmed by bill gates recently).

This is the worst case of tyranny and overstep of personal medical autonomy in our provinces history. You bet I’m still talking about it.

Do you have your third and fourth boosters? Honest question, please answer.

Edited by max.bravo, 23 June 2022 - 10:25 PM.

#26129 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 05:19 AM

Suicide is (in my very up close and personal experience) far more complicated than simply a response to losing ones job ... but my sincere and deepest sympathies to you for the loss of your friends.

I have my booster, so three shots.

Seriously ... it is what it is in the First World right now as it relates to COVID, and I'm "OK" with it. 

I'll follow the medical advice from medical professionals (Bill Gates isn't a medical professional), and I will continue to believe that the anti-vax and anti-health-order folks are sustained more-so by a general and overall anti-establishment mindset than they are 100% anything COVID related.

I don't like anything that attempts to put me "under the thumb of the man" any more than you do ... but I'm 65 years old, and in broad terms, I don't want to die from COVID, so I'll take whatever road demonstrates the lowest level of risk ... which is currently an up to date vaccination regimen, and not kissing any strangers.

#26130 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:15 AM

You’re right it’s much more than losing a job. It’s being outcast from society, banned from travel, rec centres, loss of friends and family relationships, it’s vaccine injuries that people gaslight you about, it’s being coerced into medical procedures you disagree with, it’s being put on unpaid leave and your former employer skirting you along instead of making a clean break; it’s punitive OIC legislation that prevents you from accessing EI, it’s early retirement with loss of pension benefits for some, the list goes on.
For many nurses and public servants it’s the loss of a career that was the only thing they ever trained for and wanted to do. It was taken from them with little warning by a power hungry and evil government, and it’s unique to BC.

Respectfully, you haven’t walked a mile in these shoes.

Edited by max.bravo, 24 June 2022 - 06:19 AM.

• Nparker, dasmo and Victoria Watcher like this

#26131 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:16 AM

Move on losers!

Spy, you’re like a great wealth of insight and knowledge at times, and a mean old lonely authoritarian codger at other times.

I’m not sure what to think of you yet, as in I don’t know which side of the equation is the real you, and which side is the forum you. You’re such an enigma to me that I don’t know if you’d buy me beer or punch me if we ever met, that sort of thing.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26132 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:25 AM

Of the ~800 deaths in the province last week, 26 were with covid.  An unknown number, likely 0, were from covid.

• max.bravo likes this

#26133 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:27 AM

I will take it one step further Spy and ask you not to post any personal insults on this forum.

Calling people “losers” is not ok with me, and it shouldn’t be ok with you.

You can be opinionated and humble and kind at the same time. Try it. It’s good for the soul.
  • Nparker, dasmo and Seechelle1969 like this

#26134 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:27 AM

Spy, you’re like a great wealth of insight and knowledge at times, and a mean old lonely authoritarian codger at other times.

I’m not sure what to think of you yet, as in I don’t know which side of the equation is the real you, and which side is the forum you. You’re such an enigma to me that I don’t know if you’d buy me beer or punch me if we ever met, that sort of thing.

Probably both…

#26135 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:29 AM

Better be a big beer then.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26136 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:41 AM

I will take it one step further Spy and ask you not to post any personal insults on this forum.

You can be opinionated and humble and kind at the same time. Try it. It’s good for the soul.

I like how you think.
It did make me laugh though. I kinda read it in an Ace Ventura kinda way. Plus it was ooozing with irony. I like how Spy whines about us whining!
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#26137 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:42 AM

Move on losers!

If it is history then why are the vaccine mandates still in place?

Edited by phx, 24 June 2022 - 07:17 AM.

• dasmo and max.bravo like this

#26138 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:04 AM

Trust me Mike ... I'd most definitely buy you a big beer (or two) and would enjoy a lengthy conversation with you on a variety of issues ... many we'd agree on, and some we'd not agree on.

Not agreeing doesn't imply anything beyond simply not agreeing though, face to face I never find it personal ... and as often as I'm right, I'm also wrong (like most folks who render a personal opinion).

As relates to COVID, I don't find the various levels of government to have been "authoritarian", in that I accept that governments (like people in general) most often do whatever they can to at least try and help, and that despite those best efforts, there will always be somebody, or some group that declares that those trying to help have massively missed the mark.

My best buddy for decades is a Trumper and an anti-vaxer ... and we remain the very best of buddies. 

To Sparky ... respectfully ... please don't tell me what to post and/or how to post it.

Considering what's posted on a daily basis on V.V., for you to single out the word "loser" in my post is the height of hypocrisy.

There are always three choices ... you can read what I write ... you can not read what I write ... or you can ban me.

I'm always fair, and I always post in exactly the same spirit as everybody else who posts here (including most of the moderators and the forum owner).

Edited by Spy Black, 24 June 2022 - 07:08 AM.

#26139 TransplantedEdmontonian

TransplantedEdmontonian
  • 39 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:12 AM

Might want to get the guy labeled Administrator on your side before asking mere members.  From the weather thread, it seems insults flung from that account is perfectly cromulent.  And why call out a member publicly in the first place?  Did acting privately not do the job?

• Brayvehart likes this

#26140 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:21 AM

Nearly 20 million lives were saved by COVID-19 vaccines during their first year, but even more deaths could have been prevented if international targets for the shots had been reached, researchers reported Thursday.

On Dec. 8, 2020, a retired shop clerk in England received the first shot in what would become a global vaccination campaign. Over the next 12 months, more than 4.3 billion people around the world lined up for the vaccines.

The effort, though marred by persisting inequities, prevented deaths on an unimaginable scale, said Oliver Watson of Imperial College London, who led the new modelling study.

"Catastrophic would be the first word that comes to mind," Watson said of the outcome if vaccines hadn't been available to fight the coronavirus. The findings "quantify just how much worse the pandemic could have been if we did not have these vaccines."

The researchers used data from 185 countries to estimate that vaccines prevented 4.2 million COVID-19 deaths in India, 1.9 million in the United States, 1 million in Brazil, 631,000 in France and 507,000 in the United Kingdom.

An additional 600,000 deaths would have been prevented if the World Health Organization target of 40% vaccination coverage by the end of 2021 had been met, according to the study published Thursday in the journal Lancet Infectious Diseases.

The main finding -- 19.8 million COVID-19 deaths were prevented -- is based on estimates of how many more deaths than usual occurred during the time period. Using only reported COVID-19 deaths, the same model yielded 14.4 million deaths averted by vaccines.

The London scientists excluded China because of uncertainty around the pandemic's effect on deaths there and its huge population.

https://www.ctvnews....s-say-1.5961237
https://www.thelance...0320-6/fulltext

The Chemical Brothers cancel Glastonbury 2022 set due to COVID
https://www.nme.com/...o-covid-3255163

Trump’s Dismissiveness of COVID Led to a ‘Lack of Action’ Across Federal Agencies, His Former Pandemic Response Leader Says
Deborah Birx details how she attempted to sidestep promotion of debunked science and potential political interference with scientific work.
https://www.govexec....er-says/368527/

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users