COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#26141 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:22 AM

^^ Thanks for the advice. Doing it publicly reminds everyone that personal insults posted here are not cool.

If the reminder is made privately, the readers may think that we do not moderate.
  • dasmo likes this

#26142 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:27 AM

^^ Thanks for the advice. Doing it publicly reminds everyone that personal insults posted here are not cool.

If the reminder is made privately, the readers may think that we do not moderate.

That sort of tone from a newb to a mod would be a bannable offence in my roost. However, using the word cromulent would give them a free pass.  Or should I say a Bananable offence...  :banana:

Edited by dasmo, 24 June 2022 - 07:28 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#26143 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:31 AM

You're a moderate moderator.

Oops, I called you a name.  :cop:

#26144 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:31 AM

We appear to all be Karens in the weather thread, that is true.

I think we can all agree calling people losers is a bit much, right?
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26145 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:55 AM

Yeah outright name calling isn't great, gotta be a little subtle like Dasmo and I try to be.. Though we still get caught.

• dasmo likes this

#26146 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:02 AM

"Karen" or "loser" is name-calling, something you participate in as equally as anybody else posting here.

Equivocating which of the two insults (Karen or loser) is acceptable or not would appear (once again) to be the height of hypocrisy.

If we're all so thin skinned that you're going to ban all forms of name-calling outright here on Vibrant Victoria, let's do just that ... and not make a moderators name-calling any more or less acceptable than a V.V. pundits name-calling.

Personally, I only see the humor in such posts and references ... I chuckle and move on to the next post.

#26147 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:05 AM

I don't know what the anti-vaxers are so upset about - they won. With few exceptions there are no longer any restrictions and for the few that held out and were put on unpaid leave, it looks like they will get back pay and an apology to come back to work.

#26148 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:16 AM

"Karen" or "loser" is name-calling, something you participate in as equally as anybody else posting here.

Equivocating which of the two insults (Karen or loser) is acceptable or not would appear (once again) to be the height of hypocrisy.

Ok, hold on a second.

Calling someone a Karen is not a put-down, its a humorous colloquial term for someone complaining about something trivial, in the same league as calling someone a boomer, and usually used with humorous intent. Calling someone a loser in a debate is vindictive, and mean-spirited. There is a big difference there.

Here's an example. I'd jokingly call my spouse a Karen for complaining about something. I'd never call her a loser, ever, unless my intent was to purposefully diminish her, and hurt her feelings.

• max.bravo likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26149 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:19 AM

I don't know what the anti-vaxers are so upset about - they won. With few exceptions there are no longer any restrictions and for the few that held out and were put on unpaid leave, it looks like they will get back pay and an apology to come back to work.

Nobody in BC has got any backpay that I’m aware of.
500 provincial Public servants and >1000 nurses are not being called back to work. They were terminated without severance and without eligibility for EI.

I’m telling you, it’s bad in BC. We are the only province hellbent on punishing anti vaxxers.

Edited by max.bravo, 24 June 2022 - 08:21 AM.

#26150 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:22 AM

Just for the record, a person can be pro-vaccine and anti-vax mandate. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by Nparker, 24 June 2022 - 11:00 AM.

• Matt R. and max.bravo like this

#26151 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:43 AM

Just for the record, a person can be pro-vaccine and anti- vax mandate. The two are not mutually exclusive.

That's not how they roll. They use the word weapon for anti-mandate too.  I am not anti anyone getting a vaccine if they want. But I have to embrace being labeled an "anti-vaxxer" so it just sheds of my back when I am called it. Otherwise the rage would be unbearable. 

Also, they are coming for you with the monkey pox shot so you might as well embrace it because the only way to stop mandates is to say no. It's like a vote for how we want our future society to be. 

#26152 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:50 AM

That's not how they roll. They use the word weapon for anti-mandate too. I am not anti anyone getting a vaccine if they want. But I have to embrace being labeled an "anti-vaxxer" so it just sheds of my back when I am called it. Otherwise the rage would be unbearable.

Also, they are coming for you with the monkey pox shot so you might as well embrace it because the only way to stop mandates is to say no. It's like a vote for how we want our future society to be.

Exactly. I’m an “anti-vaxxer” even though my entire family has the full set of prescribed vaccines, except for the mRNA vaccines.

Why? Because we aren’t particularly at risk from covid (we all had it) and because the long term effects of mRNA vaccines cannot be known until we’ve reached the long term. In other words we don’t want to be part of the experiment.

Also, the other vaccines we received were actually inoculations. They worked. I don’t know a single person who contracted mumps, measles, or rubella after the MMR vaccine. Nobody does.

Covid vaccines are not vaccines. They are temporary therapeutics at best. People who are “fully vaccinated” are catching and spreading covid at rates GREATER than the unvaxed.

I simply want the right to say “no thanks” for now. I’ve paid dearly for that.

#26153 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:51 AM

That's not how they roll. They use the word weapon for anti-mandate too.  I am not anti anyone getting a vaccine if they want. But I have to embrace being labeled an "anti-vaxxer" so it just sheds of my back when I am called it. Otherwise the rage would be unbearable. 

Hold on, so you are good with all other vaccines, just not this one cause it was developed more quickly than any other..?  After they have this one for a while you'll get it to help you protect yourself?

• Brayvehart likes this

#26154 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:57 AM

Exactly. I’m an “anti-vaxxer” even though my entire family has the full set of prescribed vaccines, except for the mRNA vaccines.

Why? Because we aren’t particularly at risk from covid (we all had it) and because the long term effects of mRNA vaccines cannot be known until we’ve reached the long term. In other words we don’t want to be part of the experiment.

Also, the other vaccines we received were actually inoculations. They worked. I don’t know a single person who contracted mumps, measles, or rubella after the MMR vaccine. Nobody does.

Covid vaccines are not vaccines. They are temporary therapeutics at best. People who are “fully vaccinated” are catching and spreading covid at rates GREATER than the unvaxed.

I simply want the right to say “no thanks” for now. I’ve paid dearly for that.

Can you come back to me with some details on how quickly measles, mumps or rubella mutate vs SARS-CoV2? Your whole argument is based around what you call an ineffective vaccine, and you completely ignore the rapid mutation of SARS-CoV2.  While you're at it, let me know when the HIV vaccine will be ready.

• Brayvehart likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#26155 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:58 AM

Compare the rate of death of unvaxxed vs fully vaxed. Super effective!

Attached Images

• D89AB2A7-4FA4-4E3C-A26B-5E0E693E505E.jpeg

#26156 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:00 AM

...I simply want the right to say “no thanks” for now. 

I agree. No one should have to receive a medical treatment against their will nor be vilified for doing so. And if proof of other vaccinations (mumps, measles, rubella etc.) are not conditions of one's employment, neither should the COVID vaccine be mandatory.

And for the record, I have received 2 doses and 1 booster of the COVID inoculation.

• max.bravo likes this

#26157 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:05 AM

Can you come back to me with some details on how quickly measles, mumps or rubella mutate vs SARS-CoV2? Your whole argument is based around what you call an ineffective vaccine, and you completely ignore the rapid mutation of SARS-CoV2. While you're at it, let me know when the HIV vaccine will be ready.

So you admit the covid vaccine is ineffective (because of rapid mutation, ostensibly).
then why take experimental lipid nanoparticles that turn your own immune cells into spike protein-displays which are marked for destruction? You are literally attacking your own immune systems’ cells. No other vaccine works this way.

even the NHS is admitting the vaccines seem to impair immune response to mutations in the virus.

https://assets.publi...ort-week-42.pdfhttps://assets.publi...ort-week-42.pdf

recent observations from UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) surveillance data that N antibody levels appear to be lower in individuals who acquire infection following 2 doses of vaccination.

Edited by max.bravo, 24 June 2022 - 09:27 AM.

#26158 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:13 AM

I must admit I am skeptical of the use of the same vaccine for a mutated virus. We don't treat seasonal flu this way.

#26159 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:14 AM

Nobody in BC has got any backpay that I’m aware of.
500 provincial Public servants and >1000 nurses are not being called back to work. They were terminated without severance and without eligibility for EI.

I’m telling you, it’s bad in BC. We are the only province hellbent on punishing anti vaxxers.

Not on what I am hearing. Shortages so bad inducements to return are rampant.

• Brayvehart likes this

#26160 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:16 AM

Not on what I am hearing. Shortages so bad inducements to return are rampant.

So why are mandates being upheld for a select group of BC public workers?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)