COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#19041 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 01:33 PM

Well I just read the article, plus it seams reasonable that if you have the virus for less time you would spread it less...  

I didn't say toxic rhetoric, just not that big of a deal...  20% of the states, maybe 1% of the population?  I didn't take the time to add it up but, it's very paltry... Plus political decision vs peoples health considerations...

Prove that a vaccinated person has it for less time than an unvaccinated. A statement is not proof. 

"Schlep's a hero...LOL" "Hardly"  Is a little toxic. I wasn't making a joke so it can't be laughing WITH me. 

#19042 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 01:41 PM

The main reason to get your 5-11 year old vaccinated is so they can continue to have a social life

#19043 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 01:43 PM

The main reason to get your 5-11 year old vaccinated is so they can continue to have a social life

Now there is a truthful statement. Sounds like blackmail. 

#19044 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 01:46 PM

....and you know what the first rule of dealing with blackmail is? 

"If you give in to a demand, they will continue to blackmail you and proceed to up the ante." 

#19045 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:41 PM

Prove that a vaccinated person has it for less time than an unvaccinated. A statement is not proof. 

"Schlep's a hero...LOL" "Hardly"  Is a little toxic. I wasn't making a joke so it can't be laughing WITH me. 

I was reading the article that was posted about the research conducted with the false headline.  As if I can prove that to you.  To me however it makes sense if you fight the virus better you have it for less time.. LOL prove it doesn't...

I was making light of the whole case as it affects very few and yet Schlep is making political choices rather than following with sense.  I wasn't being toxic just tongue and cheek.  Why so sensitive?

It's not all about you, sometimes I can laugh to myself, plus I was making sure people didn't believe that Schlep is a hero....

Edited by Ismo07, 30 November 2021 - 02:42 PM.

#19046 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:45 PM

I was reading the article that was posted about the research conducted with the false headline.  As if I can prove that to you.  To me however it makes sense if you fight the virus better you have it for less time.. LOL prove it doesn't...

I was making light of the whole case as it affects very few and yet Schlep is making political choices rather than following with sense.  I wasn't being toxic just tongue and cheek.  Why so sensitive?

It's not all about you, sometimes I can laugh to myself, plus I was making sure people didn't believe that Schlep is a hero....

There is a reason courts of law are not based on proving a negative.

If you can't prove it why are you stating it as fact? 

Why do you feel it is your duty to make sure people believe anything? 

#19047 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:53 PM

There is a reason courts of law are not based on proving a negative.

If you can't prove it why are you stating it as fact? 

Why do you feel it is your duty to make sure people believe anything? 

An article was posted that intimated that the vaccine does not reduce the spread of the virus.  In the article itself it states that it does in fact reduce the spread...  Just read for your self I suppose.  How would you like me to prove it actually.  What will you believe.  What has happened to the critical thinking.   Are you asking me to prove that the vaccine works in any way?  You want me to run the tests?  Here are a couple article you won't read because 'statements' don't prove anything...  Read them anyway...  I haven't just chasing choice headline like others do....

Covid-19: Do vaccines reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus? | New Scientist

COVID vaccines cut the risk of transmitting Delta — but not for long (nature.com)

Mounting evidence suggests COVID vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work? | Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance

#19048 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,857 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:01 PM

Anyway, how’s the Omicron coming along? We have it in BC now.

I think of it was very bad we’d know by now.

#19049 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:11 PM

Anyway, how’s the Omicron coming along? We have it in BC now.

I think of it was very bad we’d know by now.

Time will tell.... Has there been any variant that has been bad besides Delta?

#19050 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:13 PM

Delta was not deadlier though, right? Just more contagious.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 November 2021 - 03:15 PM.

#19051 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:25 PM

What has happened to the critical thinking.

critical thinking
-noun
The application of logical principles, rigorous standards of evidence, and careful reasoning to the analysis and discussion of claims, beliefs, and issues.

#19052 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:31 PM

Delta was not deadlier though, right? Just more contagious.

Certainly more contagious.  I would think lead to more deaths, I'm not sure I've seen a breakdown to variants...  But Delta has been the only big one right?

#19053 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:33 PM

critical thinking
-noun
The application of logical principles, rigorous standards of evidence, and careful reasoning to the analysis and discussion of claims, beliefs, and issues.

Yes so what happened to it..? Doesn't speak to name calling and belittling... Did you read to find out how vaccines reduce overall spread yet?

Here is Dr. John...

Vaccine reduces spread - YouTube

Edited by Ismo07, 30 November 2021 - 03:35 PM.

#19054 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:35 PM

Certainly more contagious. I would think lead to more deaths, I'm not sure I've seen a breakdown to variants... But Delta has been the only big one right?

I think so. I think to be a successful variant you have to be real contagious but back off on killing people. A dead host doesn’t infect others as well.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 November 2021 - 03:36 PM.

#19055 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:37 PM

I think so. I think to be a successful variant you have to be real contagious but back off on killing people. A dead host doesn’t infect others as well.

It also needs an ominous name... 

#19056 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:58 PM

It also needs an ominous name... 

I think they are just using Greek alphabet and going through in order...

#19057 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 04:43 PM

But to most people Greek is pretty scary… I spent 7 years studying it and still get freaked out. Soon Trump willl call it the Greek virus instead of the China virus

I think they are just using Greek alphabet and going through in order...

Edited by Klapecki, 30 November 2021 - 04:44 PM.

#19058 MR.

MR.
  • Banned
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 06:05 PM

The vaccinated seem to think they're some bullet proof machine.

In restaurants, no masks, touching everything.

#19059 m3m

m3m
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 06:12 PM

How would you know what goes on in restaurants?
  • vortoozo likes this

#19060 MR.

MR.
  • Banned
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 06:17 PM

They all have to play by the same rules.

5-11 year old unvaccinated are still able to maintain their social life just as much as the vaccinated.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users