2021 Canadian General Election and term discussion

• Please log in to reply
2831 replies to this topic

#1221 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 06:26 AM

it reminds me of that person who always blames others for their situation. He made his bed these last few years. This sentiment is 100% on him. His own words painted me, my family and many of my friends and millions of Canadians as inhuman others to be hated.
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#1222 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 08:10 AM

Jordan Peterson: Worst is yet to come from Trudeau Liberals

Rough times are a-coming, what with the cascading consequences of energy shortages, supply chain disruptions, war in Ukraine and severe and looming food and fertilizer shortages

https://nationalpost...rudeau-liberals

And because three catastrophes are not enough, here’s an additional selection, peppered with some questions: How have Canadians failed to realize that our government holds them in contempt? That Trudeau believes that his God-given mission is to elevate the consciousness of his citizens, instead of serving their interests, economically and practically? That the Trudeau Liberals are perfectly willing to make us all poor, miserable and demoralized just to utterly fail in their efforts to save the planet? That the agents of that party and government are, as previously noted, perfectly willing and eager to trumpet that aim, which can be easily attained through the wretched combination of incompetence and moral Machiavellianism that characterizes the Trudeauites, as a moral accomplishment? That we could be the freest, richest, cleanest country in the world but that we are trying hard to be none of those three? That we are dividing ourselves among racial lines that are more germane to the U.S., just to mimic the very progressive radicals whose policies are dooming the Democrats to what appears to be their worst electoral defeat in at least 50 years? That all the data on the environmental front indicates that the fastest way to improve the ecosystems on which we all depend is to make people richer, not poorer (and to do that with good old capitalism) so they have the luxury to think about the long run and the habitat of their children?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 29 July 2022 - 08:10 AM.

#1223 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 06:12 AM

Elizabeth May, who is preparing a bid for the leadership of the Green Party, first asked the only other Green MP if he would consider taking the helm before she decided to apply for her old job.

Three sources within the party confirmed May, MP for Saanich-Gulf Islands, has been working to collect the 100 signatures needed to enter the contest, but said she first asked Ontario Green MP Mike Morrice whether he would be prepared to throw his hat into the ring to replace interim leader Amita Kuttner.

The sources, who spoke to the Canadian Press on the condition they not be named because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, said May has shared that she believes the Green party would benefit from having a leader with a seat in the House of Commons.

May, Green party leader from 2006 until after the 2019 federal election, has not yet responded to requests for comment about whether she wants to take on the role again.

https://www.timescol...sources-5642527

dumpsterfire-dumpster.gif

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 July 2022 - 06:12 AM.

• Matt R. likes this

#1224 JimV

JimV
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 08:02 AM

Someone on the NP suggested that since there are only two Green MPs they could save themselves a lot of money by just flipping a coin.

#1225 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 11:00 AM

So it is possible for Stephen Harper to return.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1226 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 01:06 AM

Sky News UK:

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wanting to impose drastic climate change restrictions on farmers is "complete insanity", Sky News host James Morrow says. Mr Trudeau's government is reportedly seeking to follow in the footsteps of the Dutch government and impose nitrus oxide emissions cuts on Canada's farmers. "He wants to impose drastic climate change restrictions again on farmers, again using the nitrogen excuse to crack down on food production," Mr Morrow said. "This just seems like complete insanity to me."

VIDEO

Sky News Australia:

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is facing fierce backlash due to his government's decision to force farmers to reduce their fertiliser use. The Trudeau government is planning to reduce nitrous oxide emissions from fertilisers by 30 per cent by 2030 in order to combat climate change. Local farmers have vehemently opposed the government's decision, arguing it will impact their livelihoods. Former Canadian agriculture minister Gerry Ritz told Fox News Mr Trudeau doesn't understand "the rabbit hole" he is going down.

VIDEO

#1227 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 04:20 AM

Better stock up Ottawa with more gestapo…. Netherlands farm protest live stream
https://youtu.be/GnkVIQ3lxXk

#1228 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 04:50 PM

Maxime Bernier:

I am back on the road again!

I am taking full advantage of my ability to travel before Justin Trudeau locks us all down again in the fall.

This week I am kicking off a Summer Tour of the Western provinces!

I will be arriving in British Columbia this Sunday and will be hosting events throughout the province until Thursday.

I will be making stops in Sooke, Nanaimo, Vancouver, Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Vernon, Summerland, and Kelowna!

https://www.thepeopl...anada.ca/events

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 08 August 2022 - 04:51 PM.

#1229 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 05:30 PM

Jagmeet Singh to end deal with Trudeau if dental care program falls through

https://dailyhive.co...gram-pharmacare

#1230 JimV

JimV
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 06:27 PM

I’m sure Trudeau will throw Jagmeet a bone, which he will gnaw triumphantly, all the while complaining that it’s not enough.  He can’t afford to be too picky if he wants to keep his pension and co-PM job.

• Nparker likes this

#1231 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 12:29 PM

If you haven't read this little book, you simply must.

JT steals freedom.jpg

Spoiler alert: it suggests a happier ending than we have yet to experience in the real world

• dasmo and Victoria Watcher like this

#1232 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 12:45 PM

A best seller! The fringe isn't such a minority after all....

https://www.amazon.c...ission-aware-v1

• Nparker likes this

#1233 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:35 AM

Every few weeks, a new poll emerges with evidence of a phenomenon that basically never happens in Canadian politics: young people favouring the Conservative Party.

A recent Abacus Data poll showed that 37 per cent of 18 to 29 year olds were prepared to back the Tories — a larger base of support than for either the Liberals or the NDP.

Abacus also found that a plurality of 18-44 voters are favouring the Conservatives for the first time. Previously, the category was reliably dominated by the Liberals.

- https://nationalpost...first-time-ever

We’ve talked about this on the forum for a while now. Younger generations are recognizing the disconnect between what successful people do, and what their educators and older influencers say is impossible to do, ie young people today have it worse than all other generations before them, so you’re predestined to fail. I think the smart ones realize that’s no way to live life, but the politics they thought they aligned with don’t appreciate breaking out of that cycle.

Youth can see what the impact of rules and self-restraint is, they’re surrounded by it on social media, and they are not blind to politicians promising big wins and positive outcomes, but delivering failures they blame on those who don’t share their visions. Never before have kids had access to successful peers, and access to how those peers achieved success.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1234 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:36 AM

Oh yeah, conservatism is also counter culture today. 15 year olds by rule are not keen to jump on mom and dad’s political bandwagon, or side with the politics of MSNBC, CBC and Coca Cola.

Know it all.

#1235 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 24 August 2022 - 06:29 PM

Justin Trudeau: a modern day Marie Antoinette

The Trudeau government is set to spike taxes on your favourite drinks by 8%.

And the prime minister won’t be holding a vote in the House of Commons when he gouges you on liquor taxes. He’s imposing the hikes automatically. That's all on top of the fact that you already pay among the highest liquor taxes in the world. When you buy beer, about half of the price is in tax — it’s about 60% of the price of wine and 80% of the price of whisky and vodka.

But sky-high inflation is making it so much worse.

The Trudeau government has implemented a sneaky escalator tax that will automatically increase taxes on beer, wine and spirits each year, going up at the rate of inflation. And, inflation is way up at 40-year highs. At today’s inflation rate, that means Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will hike taxes on some of your favourite drinks by 8% on April 1.

Automatic and hidden tax hikes are undemocratic, lack transparency and accountability, and they are completely unfair to Canadians.

Even if you don't enjoy cracking a cold one or sipping a Sauvingnon Blanc, the precedent the Trudeau government is setting on this escalator tax could be used again to automatically increase all kinds of other taxes, and you can’t let that happen. If MPs in Ottawa want to raise taxes, they should take responsibility by standing up to vote on it...

- the Canadian Taxpayers Federation

• Matt R. likes this

#1236 JimV

JimV
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 08:46 AM

I attended the Poilievre rally last night in Sidney.  The TC reported “thousands” there, which is surely an exaggeration.  I’d estimate about 600.  But the hall was standing room only, and not much of that.  The crowd was wildly enthusiastic.

Poilievre is a brilliant communicator and a clear thinker.  He will become CPC leader.  and probably PM when Trudeau’s rickety government finally collapses.  Whatever his intentions now Trudeau will not dare face Poilievre in an election.  

#1237 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 August 2022 - 08:57 AM

^ Canada's Trump.

• Hotel Mike, Brayvehart and FogPub like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1238 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 09:40 AM

^ Canada's Trump.

Only PP has fewer failures in his life than Trump. That's largely because he has never actually had a job. He accumulated a few failures in his long years in government. If you look up 'populism', Poilievre's name would appear. Soon we will have to attach even more 'p's to his name. Populist, pestilence, pigeon...

• Brayvehart likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#1239 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 09:41 AM

I’m curious why you would think that. What are the likenesses?

#1240 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 09:44 AM

And what about Trudeau’s CV? Isn’t the foundation of democracy having the most popular candidate in the highest office? How has Canada improved under Trudeau’s rule? And I use the word rule with intention.
  • Nparker likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users