Global Virus Activity

• Please log in to reply
737 replies to this topic

#181 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,544 posts

Posted 10 March 2023 - 09:45 PM

Is swearing in social media posts a symptom of long COVID?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#182 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 10 March 2023 - 10:38 PM

Is this what 'over' looks like?

That looks serious. You better continue to double-mask.

#183 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,008 posts

Posted 10 March 2023 - 11:59 PM

Long Covid is not real. It’s hypochondria.

#184 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 11 March 2023 - 09:01 AM

That looks serious. You better continue to double-mask.

should be a real rebel and just breathe the beautiful love respiratory droplets from random other people

Edited by todd, 11 March 2023 - 09:03 AM.

• sebberry likes this

#185 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 March 2023 - 09:55 AM

Long Covid is not real. It’s hypochondria.

https://www.youtube....h?v=vydgkCCXbTA

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#186 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 11 March 2023 - 10:00 AM

The pandemic is over. COVID-19 is now more or less an endemic

...Pandemics are known to cause widespread disruption, illness and hardship. An endemic means a disease is spreading in a community at the normal or expected level. A pandemic begins to shift to an endemic once the disease becomes more stable and manageable. It doesn’t mean the virus goes away and that there won’t be occasional outbreaks. It’s just less intrusive in daily life...the virus will still be circulating, so infections are still possible and will surge from time to time. As with the more common influenza endemic, these ups and downs are common. But they don’t need to significantly change how we live...

https://www.adventhe... and manageable.

• Matt R. likes this

#187 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 March 2023 - 11:59 AM

Let me know when we don't have a few airplanes worth of people dying every day from COVID...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#188 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2023 - 02:20 PM

Let me know when we don't have a few airplanes worth of people dying every day from COVID...

Are you confusing deaths with covid for deaths from covid?

• Nparker likes this

#189 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 March 2023 - 04:10 PM

Are you confusing deaths with covid for deaths from covid?

Nope.  Are you still under the assumption that COVID doesn't kill?

#190 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2023 - 05:54 PM

I don’t know where you are getting your deaths from covid stats; BC stopped releasing them more than a year ago and now only reports deaths with covid.

As far as covid causing death, the experience among my family, friends, and co-workers is like the flu.

• max.bravo likes this

#191 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 March 2023 - 07:12 PM

As far as covid causing death, the experience among my family, friends, and co-workers is like the flu.

That's great!  For a lot of people it's a lot worse.  

#192 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 11 March 2023 - 07:56 PM

That's great!  For a lot of people it's a lot worse.  

Ok then, carry on with your voluntary lockdown.

#193 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 March 2023 - 11:04 AM

Do whatever you want to keep yourself safe...  or not.

Capture.JPG

I know of several folks who are dealing with the after-effects of their covid infection, several months or a year later.  

Remember when HIV was a giant conspiracy? 

#194 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 12 March 2023 - 12:17 PM

Remember when HIV was a giant conspiracy?

not really, I was pretty young back then, but that also leaves me void of any responsibility of what happened back then. more free perspective

It is a reminder that you never know what the disease of tomorrow is and what its incubation period is. I know it caught at least two of my relatives off guard in its early days, before much if any treatment, as with many others

I assume you’ve all watched “It's a Sin” on amazon prime

Edited by todd, 12 March 2023 - 12:28 PM.

• sebberry likes this

#195 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:24 AM

It’s been two months since Moore and three other people were indicted over what prosecutors say was a fraudulent scheme to hand out falsified vaccine cards in exchange for patients making a donation to an unnamed “health freedom organization.” The specific charges against Moore are quite lurid: He’s accused not just of providing fake vaccination cards to patients, but of squirting vaccine doses down the drain and, in the case of children, giving them saline shots instead of a vaccination, presumably so they wouldn’t know they hadn’t been vaccinated and couldn’t tell others.

*snip*

“Dr. Moore,” reads one article, to which a site run by Moore’s supporters prominently links, “was trying to liberate the medical profession from government tyranny and CDC-inflicted genocide by vaccine, much like Oskar Schindler tried to liberate Jews from Hitler’s wrath and the gas chambers of the concentration camps.”

https://www.vice.com...nd-anti-vaxxers

#196 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:44 AM

I've been sick once in the last three years.  I'm doing something right.  

Losing a week of work while sick would be a nightmare upon my return so... yeh, I'll continue with my 23 hours a day in my cell with one hour out for exercise...  :whyme:

#197 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,544 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:52 AM

Hang in there, Sebberry. Hopefully this thing will wear itself out and become far less of an issue.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#198 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:58 AM

Hang in there, Sebberry. Hopefully this thing will wear itself out and become far less of an issue.

Honestly it hasn't been much of a change, I'm hardly missing anything.  If I avoid eating from the cheese platter on a counter people are talking across at a party, it's probably for the better anyway.  I've enjoyed not getting colds for the last few years.  

#199 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,544 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:32 PM

Dead skunks in Metro Van had contracted bird flu. From the province:

Testing has confirmed eight skunks found dead in late February in Richmond and Vancouver are positive for avian influenza.

The skunks were found in residential areas in both cities and were taken to B.C.’s Animal Health Centre due to concerns they may have been deliberately poisoned. Testing revealed the skunks were infected with the same strain of H5N1 avian influenza that caused the deaths of wildlife and domestic poultry in the province since the April 2022 outbreak began. The skunks may have contracted influenza by scavenging infected wild birds.

While influenza in skunks is considered to be a low risk to human health, there are always risks when people and pets come into contact with sick or dead wild animals, including skunks and birds. People who encounter a dead skunk in Richmond or Vancouver should leave the animal where it is and contact the B.C. Wildlife Health Program at 250 751-7246.

Since April 2022, wildlife infected by avian influenza in B.C. have included more than 20 species of wild birds, as well as two skunks and one fox found in rural areas of the province.

The cases of H5N1 avian influenza in B.C. are part of a larger national and international outbreak.

Know it all.

#200 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:35 PM

#masktheskunks 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users