#1 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,007 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 09:42 AM

$949,900

2018 Stanley Ave

https://www.realtor....ctoria-fernwood

Christmas has come early with this rare opportunity! Welcome to 2018 Stanley Ave!! If you're looking to build a brand new home in highly sought-after Fernwood, here's your chance. This level south facing approx 6100sqft lot is conveniently located steps to Fernwood Villiage, parks, Vic High School and minutes to Royal Jubilee Hospital, town and all amenities. The R1-B Zoning falls under the Single Family Dwelling District with the following options: 2-3 storey home with a secondary suite, or detached carriage house etc.. Buyer to verify these details with their agent and municipality. Contact your realtor for the buyer package which includes survey, engineer building plans etc... NO GST!

891233_2.jpg

#2 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,007 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 09:43 AM

$959,000

https://www.realtor....alt-rockheights

1261 Woodway Rd

Rare Single Family Home lot in Greater Victoria. This RS-1 Zoned Esquimalt lot is ready for your dream home. Located just steps from the heart of Esquimalt, Red Barn Market, CFB Esquimalt and minutes from Downtown Victoria. Saxe Point, MacAulay Point Park, and Memorial Park just a short distance away. Build up to a Floor Area Ratio of .35 and 30% Lot Coverage. Secondary Suites allowed per section 30.6. Located close to schools, bus routes and all amenities; this is truly a rare offering in todays market. 

890787_4.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 December 2021 - 09:44 AM.

#3 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 09:57 AM

...The R1-B Zoning falls under the Single Family Dwelling District...

Not for long!

#4 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,007 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 10:03 AM

Mods, I thought this would be a good thread to just track new bare-land infill or subdivision residential-lot land costs.

Seems to me it's quite quaint now how people freaked about the 9000 sq. ft. $600,000 - $700,000 lots off Mt. Doug X Rd. at the farm site in 2017, compared to these much smaller (6000) and less desirable neighbourhood  lots approaching $1M above.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 December 2021 - 10:09 AM.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 11:06 AM

A friend bought a lot in a Happy Valley subdivision for $650k. It’ll cost another $400-$500k to build. Sale price will be $1.4M.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,007 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 02:45 PM

$649,900

1691 Kangaroo Rd

1.02 Acre building lot in beautiful Metchosin. First time on the market, this property is waiting for someone to build their dream home. Many large trees remain, adding beauty to the property and providing lots of privacy. AG Zoning with Lot coverage of 20% allows for a very large home. This property is outside of the DP area. Home has no value.

https://www.realtor....chosin-kangaroo

891131_1.jpg

• Matt R. likes this

#7 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,007 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 02:48 PM

$899,000

3652 Doncaster Dr

https://www.realtor....nich-cedar-hill

Attention all Builders and Developers! Located in the highly sought after neighborhood of Cedar Hill, this lot is a fantastic opportunity to build a custom home at the top of the popular Doncaster Drive! Offering over 6,900 SQFT, and featuring panoramic city, valley and Mt Baker views. The commute to downtown Victoria is only 10 minutes, and this area is considered to be a Walkers Paradise with a score of 94/100, offers Excellent Transit with a score of 74/100, and is a Bikers Paradise with a score of 96/100. All services are available to the street, Zoned RS-6. Located just steps to the Cedar Hill Golf Course and Recreation Centre, Hillside Mall, popular schools, plus all of your desired shopping and amenities. This is a great opportunity that wont last long! 

890129_1.jpg

#8 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,797 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 03:24 PM

I’d love to buy an acre around sooke and plunk one of those Blend co. pre-fab’s on it. Keep your eyes peeled for me lol. High bank waterfront preferable.
  • rjag and Victoria Watcher like this

#9 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 08:45 PM

I’d love to buy an acre around sooke and plunk one of those Blend co. pre-fab’s on it. Keep your eyes peeled for me lol. High bank waterfront preferable.

Friend retired from VicPD a couple of years ago and she and her SO wound up on a plot of land between Black Creek and Campbell River. She'd talked for years prior to retiring about putting a manufactured home on the property; after it was all said and done she posted a time-lapse video on her FB page which detailed every phase of the construction of their 2500 sf home literally from studs to soffits - one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

• Matt R. likes this

#10 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,797 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 11:02 PM

Yep, this belongs in the other thread, but if I get to retire, no way do II want to be dealing with these ferries to go anywhere.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 11:23 PM

Oooh, that Black Creek area is nice!
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 11:46 PM

Oooh, that Black Creek area is nice!

Love B-C.....we would retire there in a heartbeat.

One of my closest buddies' fiance and he spent the summer of 2020 in Black Creek cleaning up, updating and upgrading a 3.5 acre property w/2200 sf rancher, a 3-car garage, a boat house, 2 greenhouses etc etc which had belonged to her ex-father in law, who was widower and had no children of his own.

When he passed the entire estate went to her; it stipulated she could either keep it or clean it up and sell it which is what she opted to do as she and my pal are dug in deep in Vernon with no wish to move to the island - so she sold it all for $625,000k. I just about fell over when i heard the price.

Two blocks from Oceanside, a very short hop to Saratoga Beach, and the Oyster River and maybe 15 minutes to Campbell River. If I'd had my inheritance I'd have written a check on the spot. Deal of the fricken' century if you like outdoors living, beaches, fishing, swimming, no crime. Someone got a steal of an island real estate deal...

• Dr. Barillas likes this

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 08:25 AM

When did they sell? That’s an outrageous price.

Know it all.

#14 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 08:53 AM

Would've been on the market late last year; I think it sold very early in 2021....January-March time-frame.

#15 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 09:42 AM

Geez, that’s nutty.

Know it all.

#16 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,510 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 09:48 AM

And the good news for them is that proceeds from the sale of the property more than happily funded construction of their brand new town-home in Vernon with its killer view. Win-win....but damn, that sale price. Can never get me enough Black Creek.......

• Mike K., Nparker and Barrrister like this

#17 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,007 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 08:22 AM

ATTENTION BUILDERS AND DEVELOPERS. Here is a terrific opportunity to take this 5 lot subdivision to the finish line. CONDITIONAL APPROVAL AND RE-ZONING ALREADY IN PLACE FOR FIVE RS-10 LOTS. Each of the lots will be approximately 8400 sqft and allow 25% coverage for spacious homes with LEGAL SUITES in a park-like setting with VALLEY VIEWS. This peaceful area is just steps from the sought after South Valley neighbourhood, Victoria General Hospital and only 15 minutes to downtown.

$2,000,000

https://www.realtor....strawberry-vale

891296_1.jpg

#18 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,007 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 12:19 PM

57 x 117 BUILDING LOT FOR SALE. $950,000 + GST. Developers are back in at Saanich Council to change the existing covenants on Title. Supplemental Information includes: current Covenants and Approved Building along with proposed new Building Envelope which will allow for up to 2600 SF one-level living over a basement. A Conceptual Building Plan is included as a reference guide only. If you would like to submit your plan for approval as part of the developer's process we can consider that within an accepted offer's due diligence clause. Beautiful Cordova Bay- Beach Access is at the end of D'Arcy Lane. Foot path at end of Totem Lane. Stroll the sand bar to the Local Beach Bistro. World Class Lifestyle. Watch the Bald Eagles dive for fish, Blue Herons galore & Cormorants too. Crystal clear ocean & daily tidal pools to explore. Yes the Orcas have been known to sail past too. 

891379_1.jpg

$950,000

1117 Totem Lane

https://www.realtor....ich-cordova-bay

#19 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,770 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 December 2021 - 07:05 PM

I don't know how youm make any money with these lot prices. Lot prices + construction costs does not equal any profit on the new build. 

• rjag likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#20 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,007 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 08:28 PM

$1,499,000

2789 Arbutus Rd

Looking for the ideal spot to build your forever home? Look no further than 2789 Arbutus Road. Over 28,500-square-feet of premium building lot is located in one of Victorias most exclusive neighbourhoods. This fully serviced, panhandle property is surrounded by mature trees and features a private south-facing backyard. Located close to many great parks, a short distance to Cadboro Bay Village and fantastic schools, this lot is an opportunity calling.

https://www.realtor....saanich-arbutus

889710_1.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 13 December 2021 - 08:28 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users