BUILT
Dockside Green, tower 1
Use: condo
Address: 369 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 13
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Dockside Green, tower 1 is a 12-storey condominium tower situated along the 300-block of Tyee Road within the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dockside Green, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Dockside Green | Condos; offices; commercial

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
1697 replies to this topic

#81 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,419 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

Nice!

Probably one of the better shots along Tyee. So often we forget how being in a building can provide an excellent vantage point because we're so used to taking shots at street level.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#82 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

Talk about under building. Am I crazy or it sthat farther back building already topped out. It lots like they are framing the elevator housing but I don't see any more rebar for the side? What is that like five storeys?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#83 aastra

aastra
  • 20,733 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

I really do hope these are low-detail renderings because the design looks pretty drab:

#84 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:28 PM

Dang it is topped out that sucks. God they should be going for at least 8 storeys.

It has a whole new look!

#85 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:38 PM

Nice to see the [url=http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/Images/XFPV09.jpg:cc633]India Coast Guard[/url:cc633] is keeping our shores safe.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#86 aastra

aastra
  • 20,733 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

Sure is a lot of blank concrete on the Tyee side of those buildings. Are those renderings accurate? Has anyone ever seen a model of Synergy?

#87 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

I thought it was a US Coast Guard vessel when I saw the ad way back when and commented to them on it.. Of Course, no response..

The OC-6 is the green Calmar from VCKC..

BTW... That's a lot of dock for one sali boat eh?

Just like the pier at Railyards.. lots of infrastructure but not much of a float..

#88 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:00 PM

Phase 1 is 8 and 5 stories.

#89 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:18 AM

^ Yeah should have been higher.

It has a whole new look!

#90 Photogirl

Photogirl
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

Sure is a lot of blank concrete on the Tyee side of those buildings. Are those renderings accurate? Has anyone ever seen a model of Synergy?

Yes, those renderings are nearly identical to the model.

#91 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:53 AM

Have the designers got LEED credits for those blocks as heat sinks?

I see all the blue awnings and suspect that this is the sunny side of the building..

#92 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,419 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:09 PM

Pictures from today:

The last photo was taken from Dylan Leblanc's apartment atop the hill at Cook and Hillside. Great vantage point!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#93 aastra

aastra
  • 20,733 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:41 PM

Is it just me or did we turn this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity into a massive wall of fatscrapers?

#94 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:47 PM

^Good thing those buildings aren't in front of any sort of picturesque waterway or anything like that. There must be an unsightly railyard or run-down factory on the other side that they wanted to hide.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#95 aastra

aastra
  • 20,733 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 07:52 PM

It doesn't look so bad from Dylan's place. More of a picket fence than a wall. So are picket fences good if they're lowrise instead of highrise?

#96 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:12 PM

I think you guys are wrong if you looked at the floorplates these buildings are smaller then many of the "thin" condos in Vancouver it is just the lowrise nature of the first couple of buildings at Dockside.

The Parc Residences looks awesome in that pic.

It has a whole new look!

#97 aastra

aastra
  • 20,733 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:22 PM

If people criticized Parc for being "fortress-like" then I can't understand how they could be thrilled with the office block on the far right. It's very wide any way you slice it.

#98 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:53 AM

But it is only five floors. I really don't see the difference between that and say a four floor podium.

But I guess if you are trying to point the hypocrisy of their complaints well then I agree.

I was over at Triangle Park the other day and you can really see how urban that area is going to be in a couple years. I like it. I mean I would love to have seen more density on Dockside but still it is quite cool.

It has a whole new look!

#99 djp

djp
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:41 AM

Is it just me or did we turn this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity into a massive wall of fatscrapers?

Oh man. That looks horrible. Am I to understand that the two buildings on the left are topped out? Everything along that "wall" looks roughly the same height. It's absolutely horrible from this angle (I don't know how it looks in person).

#100 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:26 AM

No the building second from the left has three more storeys I believe.

It has a whole new look!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)