Photo

Concerts in Victoria + region + music industry news

• Please log in to reply
3052 replies to this topic

#2161 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,688 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 09:01 AM

Perhaps they should be renamed "Complacency with the Machine".

• Matt R. likes this

#2162 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,866 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 07:20 AM

Adele sparks outrage as she cancels Las Vegas residency just 24 hours before first show

ADELE was reduced to floods of tears yesterday after announcing the cancellation of her much-awaited Las Vegas residency, but she received little sympathy from furious fans, some of whom branded her "mediocre" and "a disgrace" due to the move.

https://www.express....age-news-latest

Some British fans had risked travelling in the thick of the pandemic to see Adele, who was set to become Las Vegas' highest paid performing artist of all time. However, they were about to be sorely disappointed when a video of the crestfallen star confirmed she would be cancelling the entire 24-date show.

Instead of raking in over £12 million for less than one month of shows, as she had originally planned, the 33-year-old would not be singing a single note for her loyal fanbase.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 23 January 2022 - 07:22 AM.

• Matt R. likes this

#2163 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 07:49 PM

70% of her stage crew came down with COVID … there was absolutely nothing else she could do but cancel. 
These sick folks are the only people on earth who actually know how to do her show. 

ANY live entertainment, ANYWHERE that’s presented while the pandemic continues is going to be a crap shoot … something that should be terribly obvious to all ticket buyers everywhere. 

To believe the anti-vax bullshit trying to declare that everything is “normal” is only for the complete idiots in the crowd. 

Edited by Spy Black, 23 January 2022 - 07:50 PM.

• Matt R. and Listener like this

#2164 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,866 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 11:50 PM

All she needs is a microphone stage and tape recorder.

#2165 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 08:40 AM

To believe the anti-vax bullshit trying to declare that everything is “normal” is only for the complete idiots in the crowd. 

So what does that make of concert and event organizers who keep planning, then cancelling shows?

• Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2166 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 09:21 AM

So what does that make of concert and event organizers who keep planning, then cancelling shows?

For every couple of shows that are cancelled, it seems that one might go ahead.

Promoters do shows as the core element of their business ... so without shows, they have zero income.

And shows have to be planned months ahead of time.

All to say, promoters hope for the best, and plan ahead based on either wishful thinking, or (the more conservative promoters) based on the current health order in effect.

In Adele's case though, it was a simple case of (almost) everybody associated with her show coming down with COVID, as opposed to not being able to make a buck of a 50% house, or a drastic change in a government health order.

I would posit that, like businesses everywhere ... concert promoters are simply trying to roll with the COVID punches and do shows where, and when they can.

#2167 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 09:49 AM

From another vantage point, it looks like these organizers are running fool's errands.

I'd like us to get past the 'idiot' name calling on this forum. It doesn't bring anything to the table, when we all know some very smart people can do very dumb things.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2168 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 09:53 AM

All she needs is a microphone stage and tape recorder.

You need to get out more. :)

#2169 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,866 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 10:10 AM

What I mean is. Of all singers. Nobody suggests she needs a huge stage show and dancers and back up. And she has no band that anyone knows of.

#2170 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 10:42 AM

That's a good point. Adele would have lost fewer fans by showing up, explaining that it's a bare bones show, apologizing, and then blowing everyone away with her voice. 

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#2171 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 06:20 AM

....And she has no band that anyone knows of.

Incorrect.

https://adele.fandom...nt_band_members

Derrick Wright and Ben Thomas have been with her on every one of her tours since she started touring internationally.

#2172 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 06:23 AM

I'd like us to get past the 'idiot' name calling on this forum. It doesn't bring anything to the table, when we all know some very smart people can do very dumb things.

Oh I agree, and that would be fine if it was applied equally, but to date I see anti-vax posters here on V.V. regularly referencing forum members (who are pro-vax) as "trolls", with no moderation interference or suggestion that they refrain from using such monikers.

Good for the goose, good for the gander?

#2173 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,866 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 07:08 AM

Incorrect.

https://adele.fandom...nt_band_members

Derrick Wright and Ben Thomas have been with her on every one of her tours since she started touring internationally.

I did not say she had no band, just that nobody knows.  I think if you asked fans, 99% could not name an Adele band member, or even be aware she has a band.  She is just considered "a singer".   Like Lionel Ritchie.  Few remember that he was a member of the Four Tops.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 January 2022 - 07:34 AM.

#2174 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,688 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 07:50 AM

...Like Lionel Ritchie.  Few remember that he was a member of the Four Tops.

Earth, Wind and the Four Tops.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#2175 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,866 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 07:53 AM

And The Platters.

#2176 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 12:21 PM

Good grief you two … he wasn’t a member of either of those groups … he was the vocalist in the Commodores!

#2177 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,688 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 12:22 PM

Another fail with the sarcasm font.

• Matt R. likes this

#2178 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 12:31 PM

I suspected as much initially … I should have gone with first impressions!

#2179 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,688 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 12:33 PM

That would have been too easy. You know, as easy as Sunday morning.

• Matt R., pontcanna and Victoria Watcher like this

#2180 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,866 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 07:16 AM

Foo Fighters coming.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users