Mod
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1150 Cook Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 1BR + den)
Sales status: now selling
Mod is a 15-storey condominium tower with ground floor commercial space along the 1100-block of Cook Street at... (view full profile)
Learn more about Mod on Citified.ca      Official website: https://modvictoria.com
Photo

[Downtown] Mod | Condos; retail | 15-storeys

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#201 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,755 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 07:38 PM

This seems a bit slow coming out of the ground.

#202 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 09:16 AM

Yes, it can be a little time-consuming with the soil conditions downtown, but these guys had a 1,000 cubic meter concrete pour last week. That's historic for Victoria, I think, at least in recent times. They'll start flying from here on out.

• Nparker, Matt R. and DavidSchell like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#203 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 03:42 PM

Yes, it can be a little time-consuming with the soil conditions downtown, but these guys had a 1,000 cubic meter concrete pour last week. That's historic for Victoria, I think, at least in recent times. They'll start flying from here on out.

Yea I walked by on Saturday and was amazed at the depth of this pour.

#204 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,291 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 06 May 2022 - 09:54 AM

Pre-sales are now in full swing at Mod, which is promoting its unique highrise book-end location that is likely to preserve southern and eastern views for quite some time, given the drop-off in heights from its location.

Project website: https://www.modvictoria.com/

Downtown Victoria’s 15-storey ‘Mod’ pre-sale condo hits the market with unrivalled views from 1BR & 2BR suites

https://victoria.cit...1br-2br-suites/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#205 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 10:15 AM

I was going to ask you guys how legit the view claim is. I can see this being diamond in the rough if you are in fact not going to see high rise development south or east of there.

#206 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 10:59 AM

Based on nearby proximity you've got a new-er office building immediately to the south, Abstract's Black and White condo kitty-corner from the office building, a heritage apartment west of Black and White across the street, and the former BC Ferries office building east of the new-er office building (back across the street).

I can't see much height at the Robbins Parking property adjacent to the former BC Ferries building, and it looks like all proposals making it through the process in the vicinity are six-storeys max, so I'd say the chances of your view being preserved for a longer period of time than you'd find elsewhere as pretty good. Definitely climb up the tower as high as you can if views are a driving factor for you.

Know it all.

#207 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 11:18 AM

The mini-tower proposal on the Fort Street side of the block was ultimately shot down by the Decrease Residential Availability movement, but eventually something will have to happen there. The longer the delay, the more likely it will be something half-decently big/tall.

• Nparker and LJ like this

#208 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 11:22 AM

Yes, a 12-storey proposal. It was quite a ways down the block, though, close to Vancouver, and the City's rejection was without minced words. Jawl Properties has a six-storey Fort Street proposal underway in closer proximity to Mod, and Jawl Residential (different developer) has a six-storey proposal one-block south of there on Meares adjacent to the six-storey BC Housing building.

Know it all.

#209 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,755 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 11:23 AM

The mini-tower proposal on the Fort Street side of the block was ultimately shot down by the Decrease Residential Availability movement...

:lol:  Truth.

#210 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 11:25 AM

I thought they were the Downtown Recreation Association now.

aastra, as usual, has confused me.

Know it all.

#211 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 01:52 PM

Yes, a 12-storey proposal. It was quite a ways down the block, though, close to Vancouver, and the City's rejection was without minced words. Jawl Properties has a six-storey Fort Street proposal underway in closer proximity to Mod, and Jawl Residential (different developer) has a six-storey proposal one-block south of there on Meares adjacent to the six-storey BC Housing building.

Very very interesting maybe they're right about the view protection. Thanks.

#212 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 10:41 PM

Glad we bought on the 9th, should have gone higher but I think it’ll do.
  • DavidSchell likes this

#213 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 07:19 AM

Oh you bought here?!

Know it all.

#214 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 08:09 AM

Yep, love the location. We’ve been eyeing it since it was announced. Checks a lot of the boxes for us, let’s see if we end up underwater when it completes. :)

#215 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,755 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 08:14 AM

That's going to be quite the commute to SSI each day.  ;)

#216 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 08:18 AM

I’m only here for work, not someplace I’d want to retire to. :)
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#217 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 08:37 AM

Yeah, very good, Matt. It’s a great location. And right next door you’ll have the Market on Yates, provided the City approves Harris Green Village.

Know it all.

#218 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 09:06 AM

We opted for a two bedroom sw corner, I think it’ll work out ok.

#219 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,755 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 09:14 AM

If Mod doesn't have A/C, beware the summertime heat of SW exposure.

#220 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 09:28 AM

Nope. No heat pump no ac but there is a built in port for a portable which is ok for us. I think it’s going to be a quality build but they didn’t go full on.

Edited by Matt R., 07 May 2022 - 09:28 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users