Photo

[Langford] Reflections condo | 6-storeys | Built - completed in 2009

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#341 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

Perhaps they didn't read the fine print, or couldn't because it was written sideways and was almost unreadable. Did they do this because they ran out of room on the page? I'm calling bullshit on this one.

If someone can read what is is in the fine print, please let me know. My head doesn't rotate like Beetlejuice.

Well, I`m sure on the drawing it doesn`t actually have to be that front and centre. The DRAWING is hardly the sales contract to which I was referring too in my earlier statement. Thanks for coming out though

On another note...I recently noticed an ad on the back of BC Transit bus saying Rent-To-Own at Reflections...another tactic to unload I see, the values in this project must really be holding :o

#342 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

For some reason you have it in for the developer of this project, which is fine, yet instead of doing something to them you seem to want to hurt the regular folks that bought here. What gives?

#343 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

That structure is the elevator mechanical housing.

Thankyou for your reply. Perhaps you could tell me where the "pool" is? I don't see a rendering of it anywhere on their website. Since this was a selling feature I would think they should have included a picture of the Swedish Bikini Team lounging around it.

#344 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

"The developer reserves the right to make modifications and changes to the information relating to this project. Dimensions, sizes, specifications, layouts and materials are subject to change without notice"

Its a standard line they put on all drawings.

Thankyou, seymour201......I'm wondering how you were able to read that. Do you have a gimbled neck?

#345 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

Well, I`m sure on the drawing it doesn`t actually have to be that front and centre. The DRAWING is hardly the sales contract to which I was referring too in my earlier statement. Thanks for coming out though

I agree. The drawing is not the sales contract. But is that disclaimer in the contract? And why would you put it sideways in fine print that only 'seymour201' could read? I can't remember how many contracts I have signed without reading the fine print. Well, I would guess all of them. I put my faith in my realtor and my lawyer to do that for me. So far, I haven't been burned, but that day could come.

#346 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:16 AM

I agree. The drawing is not the sales contract. But is that disclaimer in the contract? And why would you put it sideways in fine print that only 'seymour201' could read? I can't remember how many contracts I have signed without reading the fine print. Well, I would guess all of them. I put my faith in my realtor and my lawyer to do that for me. So far, I haven't been burned, but that day could come.

That statement right there is where I lose all sympathy for people who are complaining bout pre-sales contracts, because it was my experience this is what many people do, blindly place their trust in the "professionals" - I personally won't sign one piece of paper from anyone without reading over every single word, too easy to get burned if **** goes sour.

#347 Newlywednotnearlydead

Newlywednotnearlydead
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:27 AM

For some reason you have it in for the developer of this project, which is fine, yet instead of doing something to them you seem to want to hurt the regular folks that bought here. What gives?

How does any of this discussion "hurt the regular folks" who own a condo there? You give a moderately trafficked internet message board far too much credit. But, since Vibrant Victoria can apparently affect the real estate market, let's run down some places in the Uplands so I can get a mansion at rock-bottom prices. :rolleyes:

#348 Deegrandmaster

Deegrandmaster
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

surfs up in August!!

swedish swinsuit team staying in our suite until then
daily shwers in the fountain now up and running

#349 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

^ Colour me....Confused. " Pool shipped August 3rd". ??? Seems to me the pool was already in but there were some problems with the surrounding deck. And how or why would you 'ship' a pool. Pools are built onsite unless it is a kiddies wading pool.

#350 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

^ Colour me....Confused. " Pool shipped August 3rd". ??? Seems to me the pool was already in but there were some problems with the surrounding deck. And how or why would you 'ship' a pool. Pools are built onsite unless it is a kiddies wading pool.

I'm not one to agree with you ordinarly there Snub, but, LOL, color me something is right, perhaps our resident, resident has had a few too many on his patio.

Are you guys getting a bunch of kiddie pools all melted together and Walmart has been delaying it, but finally shipped? - As Snub said, you build a pool on site, right down from the concrete on up to the pool liner to the finish and so forth, if you'd like our firm could actually build you a real swimming pool, and we won't ship it too you, we'll come right on site and construct it! *shakes head*

#351 phx

phx
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

I think he meant they are getting a shipment of Perrier water to fill the pool. It is a luxury condominium development, you see.

#352 Deegrandmaster

Deegrandmaster
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

save you stupidness for your girlfriends...............it's a lap pool...........always was a lap pool..........they are not huge ..........they are small............they have jets that allow you to swim against a current...............they come self contained whether you sink them into the ground or have them sit on a slab and build a deck around it.............they are generally small but they are water still the same............I know they will fit my air mattress and I'm sure it is more than you have on the roof of your double wide trailer........Just kidding there about the trailer but thought it would be fitting to continue the inmature chitter or twitter or chatter............anyways surf will be up soon on the promenade deck at reflections........ langfords only place to be ............looking forward to your replys................

#353 Deegrandmaster

Deegrandmaster
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:29 AM

I'll bring the limes

#354 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

seems to me that they are built on site:
"The modular Endless Pool has been engineered for ease of installation. Pre-wired and pre-plumbed, all components fit easily through any doorway and down stairs for simple assembly."

http://www.endlesspo...plan_index.html

#355 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

I'm sure it is more than you have on the roof of your double wide trailer........

I just checked my double-wide trailer, and sure enough, there's no rooftop lap pool. Alas!

#356 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

.I know they will fit my air mattress and I'm sure it is more than you have on the roof of your double wide trailer

actually out here in Sooke, I've got my double wide mansion, with 10 put together and we're just finishing our olympic size rooftop swimming pool, quite state of the art, I'm sure the swedish swim team would rather actually be able to swim with a view than against a current, send em my way after the first 5 minutes

*rolls eyes* how utterly ridiculous

#357 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

it's a lap pool...........always was a lap pool

Well I was going to quote from the Reflections website, regarding the pouring of " Slabzilla ". But the Reflections website has been Plutoed ( no longer exists). I was under the impression that they poured a giant slab of 8 gazillion cubic meters of concrete to support the swimming pool on the roof. So now, colour me confused again. Apparently these air mattress sized pools don't need any reinforcement at all. And they will fit through doorways and down the stairs.

#358 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:55 AM

The website's archived, and I found this on it from December 26, 2007:

Immerse yourself in the luxuries of this development....make a splash or simply luxuriate in the rooftop Current Pool, the latest trend in personal hydro-therapy. Roll out your mat and master that new Yoga pose or stretch out on a lounge chair with a juicy novel. Run to rejuvenate and energize your day. The running track circles the top of the building with inspiring views of the West Shore and a constellation of the city lights after dark. Throw a cocktail party around the roof top barbeque or embrace a romantic night in front of the fire with your favourite glass of chardonnay.

#359 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

For example:

The 1000-T pool comes in four pieces. Pre-assembly at the factory is an option.

You can even make the 1000-T pool bigger by adding two-foot (61cm) extensions to bring the pool up to 16 or 18 feet in length

http://www.swimex.co...ools/1000t.html

The 1000-T looks pretty neat but I'd stay away from the T-1000. It's full of liquid metal.

#360 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

daily showers in the fountain now up and running

Well, I see they finally found a way to get water in the fountain. Now they just need to get some flowers in the " Urban Garden".

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users