Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

I don't get it.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#122 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

There will be a large family living there.

#123 cakeman

cakeman
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, I drive by that place every few days.. and think to myself ' what a weird ass place to build a great big house '

I mean they've orientated the whole view to be of.. the ever increasing traffic on west saanich?

bizzare.. for the amount that place would've cost to build.. you think you could've put it elsewhere to better effect..

cakes..

#124 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

There used to be 10-25 cars, trucks, and vans of tradesmen working on the site. This past week or so, none.

Must be some sort of trouble at the bank.

#125 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

^Oh oh.

I mean they've orientated the whole view to be of.. the ever increasing traffic on west saanich?

How bizarre, hey? It makes no sense whatsoever.

It makes me wonder if perhaps a Mormon family is behind this project. I mean no offense by this, of course, but on Piers Island (just a stones throw from Swartz Bay) my friend's parent's new-ish neighbour is a Mormon fellow who built a massive house on the lot next to their's. I believe he has a couple of wives and more than a handful of kids.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#126 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

I drove down Southwest Marine Drive in Vancouver on Saturday and I was pointing out to my sons how big the houses are there. This house is not as large as many of the mansions on SW Marine.

That said, the place looks like a piece of ****, but then I think almost all the SW Marine dr mansions are gaudy and do not understand they thought pattern that went into building them

#127 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Some office type building being built behind the Admirals Walk Thifty's. Idea's?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#128 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Here's that office building SD was asking about.

Frank D'ambrosio is the architect.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#129 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

The above project is referred to as the Reliable Controls Annex.

A new thread has been created at http://www.vibrantvi...read.php?t=5801

Know it all.

#130 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

This project is across the street from the Reflections project.

Songhees Wellness Centre on Admirals south of the Thrifty Food's strip mall.

Know it all.

#131 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

I just noticed something new going up on Peatt Rd just off VMP. I didn't catch the sign. Anyone know what it is?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#132 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

This is off Veteran's Memorial Parkway at Meaford.

Know it all.

#133 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

West is a townhome project on Burnside West north of Watkiss Way.

Know it all.

#134 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

This is off Veteran's Memorial Parkway at Meaford.

I really like the look of this one.

#135 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

West is a townhome project on Burnside West north of Watkiss Way.

This one makes me think of a seniors' care home. What's with the wavy gardens and the narrow path in between?

#136 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

This one makes me think of a seniors' care home. What's with the wavy gardens and the narrow path in between?

I walked throughout the site and the concrete really detracts from what is otherwise a fairly nice project.

I don't get the need for the gates (yup, each entrance to a unit is blocked off by a gate) and concrete barriers -- it's not like this is in the middle of the city or anything.

Know it all.

#137 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

The Garside project is under construction on Fourth Street in Sidney.

Know it all.

#138 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Looks good so far. Is that the garage entrance at the back there? I wonder how it will adjoin a future building?

#139 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,555 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Brentwood Village Place in Brentwood Bay is nearing completion or has been recently completed.

Know it all.

#140 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

As someone who grew up in Brentwood this is a major change to the streetscape from the old Post Office that was at this location for many years. Not sure I find the design very exciting, but it's nice to see an increase in the density in the Village core.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users