164 replies to this topic

#161 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:00 AM

VHF is Cassidy?

Definitely not! :)  but I do miss his posts.

#162 aastra

aastra
  • 16,055 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:28 AM

I'd suggest that tree-lined streets and city symphonies etc. are rather basic trappings of civilization and a community's collective dignity, so I'll never understand why some people want to casually discard such things.

• Hotel Mike and jasmineshinga like this

#163 RFS

RFS
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:03 PM

I'd suggest that tree-lined streets and city symphonies etc. are rather basic trappings of civilization and a community's collective dignity, so I'll never understand why some people want to casually discard such things.

Idk, symphonies are probably racist.  Definitely euro-centric and white supremacist. 

and tree-lined streets?  Your whiteness is on full display my dude.  Check it FAST 

Edited by RFS, 07 December 2018 - 02:04 PM.

#164 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 14,281 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:08 PM

cancelled for this year.

The symphony has also cancelled its entire summer season of concerts, including performances at Butchart Gardens.

https://www.timescol...emic-1.24126592

Victoria Symphony Emergency Fund

The Victoria Symphony has been a cultural icon on Vancouver Island for 79 years, surviving many crises, both political and ecological, including World War II. But never have we been under such threat as we are now during this global pandemic, the economic ramifications of which will continue to be profound in the coming months.

Like you, we are saddened that we cannot gather together and allow the healing power of music to lift our hearts and minds at this time. It is our sincere hope that we will be able to do so in the future, but for that we need your help. We have always been able to depend upon the generosity of our audiences and patrons and we need you now more than ever. With your assistance, the Symphony will still be here when the worst has passed and we can once again share the joyous experience of a live concert together.

Won't you please consider a gift to the Victoria Symphony Emergency Fund to help ensure that this worthy institution can return in our post COVID-19 world?

https://www.canadahe.../15353/donation

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 29 April 2020 - 08:11 PM.

#165 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 944 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:00 AM

i'm not surprised they cancelled, the splash always brings together a huge crowd of people and realistically that can't happen this year.. i have a feeling all events or festivals that bring any sort of crowd will eventually be cancelled (just looked up the busker festival that won't be happening either)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users