Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 09:18 PM

What would you drink, CoV Coolaid?

#2782 PPPdev

PPPdev
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 09:58 AM

Sorry, it's a project by Bart Johnson of Breia Holdings Ltd., not Aryze.

Still, I'd like to get Aryze drunk and listen to what they really think about certain things.

Who says you have to get us drunk haha, just follow us on Twitter @talktoaryze 

:muching_out:

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#2783 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 04:30 PM

And speaking of Aryze, South Jubilee has posted the meeting minutes from the community meeting re: new student housing on Fort Street: http://www.southjubi...11-Mtgnotes.pdf
  • Mike K. likes this

#2784 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:15 PM

Man, reading those comments almost gave me a brain aneurysm. As I age, I hope to never feel so self-righteous as to gate-keep my neighbourhood by searching for every possible excuse to oppose something so obviously suitable for its site.

#2785 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 09:31 PM

If only the people expressing concern over the availability of student housing actually meant what they said, maybe basements in Saanich would no longer be the working solution.

#2786 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 08:21 AM

A new 6-unit infill development is being proposed for 1114 McClure:
A2B5E347-AC3A-439C-BD25-4766A317A874.jpeg

#2787 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,924 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 08:24 AM

that's a big house!  

why all the faux heritage though?

what is wrong with this instead:

modern-exterior-stephenson-design-collec

41335i-jpg_10.jpg

41303i-jpg.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 February 2021 - 08:27 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#2788 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:26 PM

We've owned our house in S. Jubilee for close to 10 years. I've been to two neighbourhood association meetings and at both I've wanted to tear heads off. I don't go anymore. I had the gall to suggest that I was supportive of the Village Walk building and the then-president turned to me and said 'no, the public didn't like that project'. I'm a planner by profession and I get plenty of that in my day job; I don't care to get more of it in my free time. Now I just make sure to write in support of densification projects when I can, as I did with the Fort St. project. It's the ideal neighbourhood for infill. Parking is entirely self-limiting and the only time any conflict occurs is when people feel entitled to the subsidized public space for their private use. The people who scream about one tree being removed are the same ones who fight tooth and nail for what ends up being sprawl-contributing low density. It's maddening.

And speaking of Aryze, South Jubilee has posted the meeting minutes from the community meeting re: new student housing on Fort Street: http://www.southjubi...11-Mtgnotes.pdf

Edited by punk cannonballer, 12 February 2021 - 01:29 PM.

• Mike K. and Brantastic like this

#2789 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:37 PM

We've owned our house in S. Jubilee for close to 10 years. I've been to two neighbourhood association meetings and at both I've wanted to tear heads off. I don't go anymore. I had the gall to suggest that I was supportive of the Village Walk building and the then-president turned to me and said 'no, the public didn't like that project'. I'm a planner by profession and I get plenty of that in my day job; I don't care to get more of it in my free time. Now I just make sure to write in support of densification projects when I can, as I did with the Fort St. project. It's the ideal neighbourhood for infill. Parking is entirely self-limiting and the only time any conflict occurs is when people feel entitled to the subsidized public space for their private use. The people who scream about one tree being removed are the same ones who fight tooth and nail for what ends up being sprawl-contributing low density. It's maddening.

Yeah, it's frustrating.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2790 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 03:48 PM

that's a big house!

why all the faux heritage though?

what is wrong with this instead:

Agreed. Those designs you presented look so much better as well.

#2791 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:33 AM

It appears that the new condo building proposed for 1114 Rockland (pictures posted previously in this thread) will be an 'attainable ownership' development:  https://www.crd.bc.c...vrsn=d35d8ccc_6

Edited by Kapten Kapsell, 19 February 2021 - 09:34 AM.

#2792 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:05 AM

From the Housing Agreement Covenant it appears that this means that 2 units are to be priced at 90% of the fair market value of the affordable unit. There's a bunch of affordable boilerplate definitions in the covenant, but that doesn't seem to mean anything. 

Not exactly earth-shattering.

It appears that the new condo building proposed for 1114 Rockland (pictures posted previously in this thread) will be an 'attainable ownership' development:  https://www.crd.bc.c...vrsn=d35d8ccc_6

#2793 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:17 AM

https://www.timescol...ment-1.24287390

The smaller of the two buildings at the Embassy Inn Hotel on Menzies Street has been demolished, along with its pool. It will be turned into a garden for now, with the potential for redevelopment later.

• Kapten Kapsell likes this

#2794 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 10:04 AM

...The smaller of the two buildings at the Embassy Inn Hotel on Menzies Street has been demolished, along with its pool...

I guess it's presumed the tourists are never coming back to Victoria.  :(

• DavidSchell likes this

#2795 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:19 AM

More information on the new 6-unit townhome proposal by Curate Developments (1326 Pandora) is available here:  https://tender.victo...224092557330852

• newbie_01 likes this

#2796 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:50 AM

The Village Green redevelopment (131 units of purpose-built rental at Niagara/Menzies corner in James Bay) is heading back to CALUC next month...

• Mike K. likes this

#2797 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 02:22 PM

No renderings yet, but it appears that the Christ Church Cathedral School has applied for development permit to construct a new classroom building on their property at Burdett/Vancouver.

#2798 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 08:30 AM

Theatre SKAM wants to open an arts hub in the Ageless Living building on Johnson : https://www.timescol...-hub-1.24295839

#2799 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 08:24 PM

No renderings yet, but it appears that the Christ Church Cathedral School has applied for development permit to construct a new classroom building on their property at Burdett/Vancouver.

Plans are up now on Dev Tracker .

1EDE574B-F90A-4CB4-BC61-3872781C2D1E.jpeg
  • Matt R. and newbie_01 like this

#2800 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:13 PM

A couple of projects will go to public hearing on Thursday March 25:

• 5-storey condo proposed for 1114 Rockland
  • Curate Developments' 34-unit Townhouse development  in the 3000 block of Washington Avenue (the largest townhouse development proposed in some time; Wilson Commons has 34 units but is sited on a smaller property and includes a mix of condominiums as well)

Note that Councilors Steven Andrew and Maryanne Alto will likely recuse themselves from the vote on the townhouse project as they own homes within 100-150 metres of the proposal (both recused from previous motions to move this forward).

• Mike K. and DavidSchell like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users