Photo

CFAX AM / iHeart Radio Victoria | AM 1070

• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

#1401 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:58 PM

I heard it ended early yesterday.  Did anyone tune in today and was Adam still broadcasting earlier? 

#1402 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,799 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 01:02 PM

adam was on earlier 9-12 at least did not listen when ron cheffans came on.

#1403 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 10:55 AM

Bell Media has been making cuts so the probably axed the last hour of his show to save some money. 

They got rid of an anchor at CTV Vancouver Island news and they axed their weekend news broadcasts.

#1404 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 11:01 AM

The show was originally 9-12, then Joe Perkins had an hour long show, then the Evan Solomon show would air (which is recorded several hours earlier). Now the Evan Solomon show is run at noon. It would not have been easy for Stirling to carry that additional hour of air time.
  • sebberry likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1405 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 05:24 PM

Notice the Capitol Daily editor also seems to be parroting the Isitt Gospel about the evil of Adam Stirling. A shame because when CD arrived I thought it looked promising but it now seems like just more advocacy journalism, at a time when Victoria really really needs more credible local news sources.

#1406 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,998 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 07:35 PM

^The original editor of the CD was fired back in December. That is when the tone changed.

#1407 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:01 AM

^The original editor of the CD was fired back in December. That is when the tone changed.

Trump tactic - own the media (FOX) :) 

• rmpeers likes this

#1408 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:08 AM

I just don’t think the new editor is fully aware of the complex relationships at play.

I’m also seeing references to New Council as being conservative. It has been repeated as nauseam that Hammond et al were and are not conservative, but the association remains, and is referenced almost always as a very negative attribute.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1409 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:11 AM

Another thing, is asking Together Victoria supporters to explain why Together Victoria is the target of so much criticism will not yield balanced answers. It feels like the questions are rhetorical rather than genuine.

Know it all.

#1410 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 12:00 PM

I just don’t think the new editor is fully aware of the complex relationships at play.

I’m also seeing references to New Council as being conservative. It has been repeated as nauseam that Hammond et al were and are not conservative, but the association remains, and is referenced almost always as a very negative attribute.

Its the default position for everything. Andrew Weaver calls them out and someone on social media paints him as another angry old white guy. I would imagine most people would see through the lie, but then Isitt is the most popular councilor, so who cam say?

#1411 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,998 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 01:03 PM

Or like most media he is just writing what the owner and advertisers want.

#1412 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 01:52 PM

Or like most media he is just writing what the owner and advertisers want.

Who does own it? I assume that would give insight into their approach.

#1413 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,799 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 01:54 PM

a young wealthy tech guy.

https://www.bloomber...but-with-a-spac

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 March 2021 - 01:55 PM.

• zoomer likes this

#1414 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:04 PM

Bloomberg apparently doesn’t know the difference between Victoria and Vancouver.

Know it all.

#1415 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,998 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 01:43 PM

CFAX has dropped Moneytalks from its Saturday line-up. 

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#1416 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 21 June 2021 - 02:16 PM

Can't even remember the last time I listened to that. His schtick gets old quick when you 100% know what his whiny rant/take will be on any topic without listening then what's the point of of listening? Michael Campbell had a closed mind, he never evolved, grew or learned, only seeing the world in simplistic black and white. Yet he thought he was a genius..

#1417 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,998 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 02:42 PM

Can't even remember the last time I listened to that. His schtick gets old quick when you 100% know what his whiny rant/take will be on any topic without listening then what's the point of of listening? Michael Campbell had a closed mind, he never evolved, grew or learned, only seeing the world in simplistic black and white. Yet he thought he was a genius..

You are right. The conservative monetary thesis hasn't changed a lot over the decades. All that has changed is how far NDP and Liberal Governments have moved away from it.

#1418 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 06:13 PM

What's up with the dead air on CFAX tonight? I tuned in for the 6pm news, heard the last minute of the wine show, then it all went quiet. Drove to the grocery store, still nothing at 6:10. After shopping, back to the car. Still no sound at 6:45. It's not the car radio, all other AM and FM stations come in fine. It's like WKRP in Cincinnati :)

#1419 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 July 2021 - 06:43 PM

They tweeted something the other day about transmitter maintenance, maybe related?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1420 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 07:11 PM

"Transmitter maintenance" is radio's version of the restaurant business' "closed for renovations".

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users