BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#241 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:02 PM

...the next 24 story would be more acceptable to Pam's of the world.

4-storeys is barely acceptable to the Pams (please tell me there isn't more than one) of this world.

• DavidSchell likes this

#242 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

You know, in the end they're just numbers. Time has proven that a few stories up or down don't really matter. Orchard House is a few stories too tall, Corazon is a few stories too short. What difference does it really make? Victoria goes on.

#243 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

...Orchard House is a few stories too tall...

Is it? Or is Orchard House just an ugly design regardless of how tall it is?

#244 2F2R

2F2R
  • 673 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

I heard, last night, from someone very close to this project that it will be 28 floors ... anybody else heard this ???

#245 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

I heard, last night, from someone very close to this project that it will be 28 floors ...

As cool as that would be, that would be MUCH taller than what has been approved for this site.

#246 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

I heard, last night, from someone very close to this project that it will be 28 floors ... anybody else heard this ???

There have been a number of heights thrown around ever since news got out that Townline was seeking amendments to their originally approved plans.

My hunch is they will go taller, but just how tall nobody knows. I wouldn't surprised if they went up to 28-storeys, though.
  • Nparker, 2F2R and DavidSchell like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#247 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

Obviously, I'd love to see the tallest building on Vancouver Island get built pretty much in my hood, however, I'd be OK with the approved height as long as Townline comes up with an outstanding (not cookie-cutter) design. I also don't want the construction to get held up waiting for a new set of approvals from city hall.

• 2F2R likes this

#248 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

Would more floors = a short ground floor and/or a short/undistinguished penthouse level? I hope not.

#249 2F2R

2F2R
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

As cool as that would be, that would be MUCH taller than what has been approved for this site.

ONLY 4 floors ...

#250 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

ONLY 4 floors ...

Are you familiar with the uproar that can be caused by just ONE "extra" floor - cough - Cook Street Village - cough.  :blink:

#251 2F2R

2F2R
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

Are you familiar with the uproar that can be caused by just ONE "extra" floor - cough - Cook Street Village - cough.  :blink:

Yes I have been following the floor debate for quite some time - yak

Attached Images

• sky 1.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#252 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

I've heard through the grapevine that excavation will be starting this spring ahead of any final approvals for the variances Townline is seeking.

Which makes sense, to get on with the logistics regardless of whether or not they choose to go higher or alter aspects of the design.
  • Nparker and DavidSchell like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#253 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:10 AM

I've heard through the grapevine that excavation will be starting this spring ahead of any final approvals for the variances Townline is seeking...

Once the space is no longer being used for staging of Hudson Walk it seems logical to keep crews working while final (hopefully taller) plans are finalized.

#254 2F2R

2F2R
  • 673 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

Now it is advertised as being 24 floors ... googled Hudson Place Victoria BC.

#255 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

Now it is advertised as being 24 floors ...

Is that not what the current zoning allows? Anything taller would require zoning changes - correct?

• 2F2R likes this

#256 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

Is that not what the current zoning allows? Anything taller would require zoning changes - correct?

1700 Blanshard, right? Zoning allows 72 m height, which would be tight for 24 storeys, but doable.

#257 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

Vancouver-Islands-tallest-building-Victorias-tallest-building.jpg

A partially excavated site along the 700-block of Herald Street could be the future home of Vancouver Island's tallest building. A proposal to build a condominium tower rising as high as 30-floors has surfaced for downtown Victoria's Hudson District.

Vancouver Island's tallest building to rise above downtown Victoria

http://victoria.citi...ntown-victoria/

The tallest building on Vancouver Island could start to rise above the streets of downtown Victoria this fall, according to preliminary plans recently unveiled by development firm Townline.

The Vancouver-based builder of downtown Victoria’s mixed-use residential and commercial Hudson District – bordered by Caledonia Avenue and Douglas, Fisgard and Blanshard streets – is preparing to make an application to the City of Victoria to amend the height and massing of the District’s two-tower Hudson Place development. Until recently the former Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC) department store’s parkade had occupied the site.

“We’re currently exploring the idea with the City to raise the permitted height of our 24-storey Hudson Place 1 condominium residence, possibly up to 30-floors,” says Justin Filuk, Townline’s director of development in Victoria, adding that a taller building will “afford [Townline] the opportunity to utilize the site’s allotted density through a slimmer and more refined design.” [Full article]

• Nparker and DavidSchell like this

Know it all.

#258 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

Any chance the city will actually allow 30-floors?

#259 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

...a taller building will “afford [Townline] the opportunity to utilize the site’s allotted density through a slimmer and more refined design.

Victorians should be expecting/demanding a slimmer and more refined design even at 24 floors.

• zoomer and jonny like this

#260 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

Victorians should be expecting/demanding a slimmer and more refined design even at 24 floors.

But taller will make the approved density possible.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users