Photo

CRD Weekly Water Watch 2010-present: Sooke & Goldstream lakes CRD reservoir levels

• Please log in to reply
748 replies to this topic

#661 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 10:40 AM

It’s been two weeks since the CRD updated its weekly water watch, the last of which should have been published on Monday with figures through Sunday, August 9th.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#662 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:12 PM

Trump today: "So shower heads, you take a shower, the water doesn’t come out. You wanna wash your hands, the water doesn’t come out. What do you do? Do you stand there longer or take a shower longer?.. Dishwashers you didn’t have any water... In most places of the country, water is not a problem. They don’t know what do with it. It’s called rain."

Squeaky wheel gets the grease:

The U.S. Energy Department proposed easing water efficiency requirements for shower heads Wednesday following multiple complaints from President Donald Trump about how low water flow is impeding his ability to properly wash his hair.

The plan would allow manufacturers to bypass a 2.5 gallon-per-minute maximum flow rate set by Congress in the 1990s. Under current law, each shower head in a shower counts toward that limit. If finalized, the administration plan would allow multiple shower nozzles with 2.5 gallon-per-minute heads to each meet that requirement separately.
https://www.bloomber...h?sref=IJ2uXcA2

So order those high-flow American showerheads and hope they get through customs just like when Kramer, Jerry and Newman got those illegal Yugoslavian showerheads.

• Brayvehart likes this

#663 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:18 PM

That’s what I’m talking about! You just woke up the CBC
contingent at the Conservative HQ.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#664 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 07:51 PM

Squeaky wheel gets the grease:

So order those high-flow American showerheads and hope they get through customs just like when Kramer, Jerry and Newman got those illegal Yugoslavian showerheads.

I ordered a couple from Ali Express, work great.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#665 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:23 PM

I ordered a couple from Ali Express, work great.

Comando 450 I hope (only used in the circus).

#666 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:35 PM

I love this: a lawyer explains if Kramer has a case if he's injured by the Commando 450.

https://seinfeldlaw....duct-liability/

#667 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:42 PM

I just replaced our showerheads last year. First thing was to sink a screw into the inside where the pressure regulator is and use pliers to pull the screw along with the pressure regulator out and now we have proper pressure. 30 second job.

• Nparker, Barrrister, Victoria Watcher and 1 other like this

#668 GetLisaSomeHelps

GetLisaSomeHelps
  • 407 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:26 AM

I just replaced our showerheads last year. First thing was to sink a screw into the inside where the pressure regulator is and use pliers to pull the screw along with the pressure regulator out and now we have proper pressure. 30 second job.

I bought a cheap super wide showerhead & did the same thing. My only regret is not doing it sooner.

#669 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,034 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 12:07 PM

After a heat dome melted temperature records for Greater Victoria earlier this summer, the region is now approaching its all-time record for days without rain.

The monitoring station at the Victoria International Airport hasn’t measured a millimetre of precipitation since June 15. That puts it just 12 days short of the all-time dry spell of 54 days, according to Environment and Climate Change Canada.

https://www.vicnews....ss-days-record/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 July 2021 - 12:07 PM.

#670 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 July 2021 - 12:14 PM

Capture.JPG

• rjag and On the Level like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#671 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:11 PM

Interesting that we have had average rainfall this year....

#672 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 03:26 PM

Rain is in the forecast next week.

I already predict alarmist headlines broadcasting how close we came to the all-time record.

• rjag likes this

Know it all.

#673 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 05:57 AM

I already predict alarmist headlines broadcasting how close we came to the all-time record.

Good grief.

‘Unprecedented’ weather causing Sooke Lake reservoir to fill up

CRD’s primary water source nears 100 per cent of capacity, spillage would affect Sooke River flows

Experts are worried about “unprecedented conditions” in the Sooke Lake Reservoir, which is nearly full and could exceed capacity with heavy rain expected this week.

The reservoir, the waters in which are piped throughout the Capital Regional District, saw its level drop below the five-year average during this past summer’s drought. But water levels rocketed back up with the deluge of rain that fell Nov. 15 and 16, sending it above pre-drought levels in just one month.

I was hoping Rob Randall would be back by the time the reservoir filled.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 November 2021 - 05:59 AM.

#674 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 06:30 AM

Unprecedented? It's November for ****'s sake.  :whyme: 

On the plus side, there should be no need for automatic watering restrictions to come into effect next spring.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#675 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 06:34 AM

On the plus side, there should be no need for automatic watering restrictions to come into effect next spring.

As if.

#676 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 07:23 AM

I forgot to use the sarcasm font.

• phx, Barrrister and Victoria Watcher like this

#677 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 07:50 AM

You just can’t win.

Know it all.

#678 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,034 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 07:52 AM

You just can’t win.

Ah but you could.  If you had prudently increased the reservoir capacity each few years you'd be able to hold on to this excessive fill this year.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 November 2021 - 07:52 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#679 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 07:54 AM

I was told to go home when I suggested we invest into capturing more rainwater.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#680 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 08:02 AM

...If you had prudently increased the reservoir capacity each few years you'd be able to hold on to this excessive fill this year.

This is why the CRD's seasonal watering restrictions are a sad joke. Our region receives more than enough precipitation to keep us green all year long. That we don't capture enough of it is a tragedy of epic proportions.  :mad:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users