• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#601 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:14 PM

Where does Purolator's tracking say it is?  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#602 RPPB

RPPB
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

My Nov 28 Amazon gift order via Canada Post was supposed to be here on the 7th and now may arrive “as early as the 18th”.

#603 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:33 AM

If you order online from LL Bean in the USA the parcel comes by UPS in 5 business days, whereas if you order from LL Bean in Canada it comes by Canada Post, which after 3 weeks we are still waiting. 

#604 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:23 PM

A package sent via Purolator on Nov. 30 from Toronto expected in Victoria 3-5 business days - today, Dec. 12 and no package. 

Purolator says they have 'high volume' - should've had it sent via Canada Post. 

You do know that Canada Post owns Purolator?

• VIResident likes this

#605 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

You do know that Canada Post owns Purolator?

Most of it. But, different delivery networks and labour groups.

• VIResident likes this

#606 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:28 PM

Where does Purolator's tracking say it is?  

Received it today.  Now waiting on UPS package coming from USA 10 days overdue.

#607 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

A package sent via Purolator on Nov. 30 from Toronto expected in Victoria 3-5 business days - today, Dec. 12 and no package. 

Purolator says they have 'high volume' - should've had it sent via Canada Post. 

I mean Purolator is owned by Canada Post (or at least 91% of it is)

#608 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:40 PM

Package from Amazon was originally estimated at Dec 18th, then Dec 24th, now currently Dec 27th.  The tracking is littered with "Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption" entries.  It may indeed.

Edited by DustMagnet, 15 December 2018 - 06:48 PM.

#609 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

Except for the West Coast

The restoration of delivery service guarantees by Canada Post — three weeks after striking postal workers were forced back to work — proves the shipment backlogs Ottawa used to justify legislating an end to rotating walkouts were "fiction," says the Canadian Union of Postal Workers.

The Crown agency announced Tuesday it had caught up on most parcel delivery backlogs that had been created by the sporadic labour disruptions that began Oct. 22.

As a result, the corporation said its normal holiday service commitments were being restored across most of Canada, except the West Coast.

"With continued progress, we are now in a position to restore our normal holiday delivery service guarantees for much of the country," Canada Post said in a statement.

"This means Canadians can expect normal holiday delivery timelines for parcels. The exception remains items headed to or departing Vancouver as backlogs there continue to cause additional delays."

https://www.cbc.ca/n...tored-1.4950753

#610 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

I hate Canada Post.

At our building the postman simply does not deliver packages. He just sticks the card up without ringing the buzzer or making any attempt to deliver the package. Sometimes he doesn't even do that much, and just drops the card to be re-sorted and delivered in the next day's mail. We have literally met him in the lobby as he was getting ready to stick up a card, not having rung the buzzer, and when we asked for the package it became apparent that he never even brought it to the building. Just left it in his truck. 

I actually wanted the package that I was expecting today. The tracking information said it would be delivered today. I stayed home to make sure I would get the package. The postman came, the tracking information switched to "notice card left", although no one rang the buzzer. No package. No notice card. I can't even go pick up the package now until tomorrow at the earliest. 

His only job is to deliver the post, and he doesn't want to do that. It is incomprehensible to me how this is allowed to go on. 

• RFS, GabriolaGirl and Victoria Watcher like this

#611 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:25 AM

I hate Canada Post.

At our building the postman simply does not deliver packages. He just sticks the card up without ringing the buzzer or making any attempt to deliver the package. Sometimes he doesn't even do that much, and just drops the card to be re-sorted and delivered in the next day's mail. We have literally met him in the lobby as he was getting ready to stick up a card, not having rung the buzzer, and when we asked for the package it became apparent that he never even brought it to the building. Just left it in his truck.

I actually wanted the package that I was expecting today. The tracking information said it would be delivered today. I stayed home to make sure I would get the package. The postman came, the tracking information switched to "notice card left", although no one rang the buzzer. No package. No notice card. I can't even go pick up the package now until tomorrow at the earliest.

His only job is to deliver the post, and he doesn't want to do that. It is incomprehensible to me how this is allowed to go on.

Ok I have been having the exact same experience. "sorry we missed you" but we were home all day and no one buzzed

#612 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

Canada Post attempted delivery of a package to my condo last week around noon while I was at work. When I got home that evening, I saw that they had buzzed my unit from the list of numbers on the callers list on my phone. It still sucked that I had to go to a postal outlet to pick up the package on the weekend.

#613 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 04:15 AM

We had problems with deliveries until we installed security cams and we put up signage that we have cameras etc. 

We now get the door knocks that we 'couldn't' hear before, same for doorbell, delivery person now waits for us to get to the front door, no more chasing them down the road waving and yelling 'stop, stop'.  It's all on cam now, ready to share with anyone interested.  :) 

#614 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:42 AM

Y'all need to get your parcels shipped to work.  I never miss a delivery there.

• Matt R., shoeflack and VIResident like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#615 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:35 AM

Y'all need to move to a neighbourhood with a better postie. It's very obviously related to whoever your main postman/woman is. I've lucked out with a good one.

• Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#616 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:43 AM

Y'all need to move to a neighbourhood with a better postie. It's very obviously related to whoever your main postman/woman is. I've lucked out with a good one.

Shut it lanforod

• Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#617 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:48 AM

I wonder if it makes a difference if you set delivery options: https://www.canadapo...at=maildelivery

#618 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:53 AM

I have lucked out, as well.  The usual woman I had is off on maternity leave and her replacement is awesome.  I make sure to tip them (well) at Christmas - it helps.

#619 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

I have lucked out, as well.  The usual woman I had is off on maternity leave and her replacement is awesome.  I make sure to tip them (well) at Christmas - it helps.

that's kind of you.

#620 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:37 AM

Mine's pretty good as well. He's even rung the bell a couple times because other services just dropped a package on the door step and ran off with no one hearing them.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users