Canada Post issues and news in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#621 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:53 AM

Yup, no problems here. We even have Canada Post deliveries on Sundays (I know, right!?).

But over in the city it was always a crap shoot.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#622 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:26 AM

Flex mail FTW. Goes straight to my preferred PO (downtown Shoppers) so I can pick it up after work. On the rare occasion that the merchant doesn't like shipping to what looks like a PO Box, I have it sent to my work instead.

• Kungsberg likes this

#623 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,862 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:32 AM

flex delivery is pretty good. you get an email when it’s there.

#624 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,862 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:57 AM

what's with the two mailboxes at so many places around downtown still?  don't tell me canadians are sending so much outgoing lettermail that one would fill right up before the 5pm pick-up each day or overflow on the weekends.

• Matt R. likes this

#625 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:07 AM

For those of you who have used Canada Post's Flex Delivery, have you had problems for online shopping since now your delivery address doesn't match your credit card address?

#626 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:24 AM

I hate Canada Post.

At our building the postman simply does not deliver packages. He just sticks the card up without ringing the buzzer or making any attempt to deliver the package. Sometimes he doesn't even do that much, and just drops the card to be re-sorted and delivered in the next day's mail. We have literally met him in the lobby as he was getting ready to stick up a card, not having rung the buzzer, and when we asked for the package it became apparent that he never even brought it to the building. Just left it in his truck. 

I actually wanted the package that I was expecting today. The tracking information said it would be delivered today. I stayed home to make sure I would get the package. The postman came, the tracking information switched to "notice card left", although no one rang the buzzer. No package. No notice card. I can't even go pick up the package now until tomorrow at the earliest. 

His only job is to deliver the post, and he doesn't want to do that. It is incomprehensible to me how this is allowed to go on. 

My building got this large box from Canada post in our lobby.  It has 6 or 7 compartments of varying sizes depending on the package.  You receive a key in your mail box that opens the specific compartment then boom, delivered.  Put the key in the mail slot for the next delivery. It's really awesome.

Edited by Ismo07, 04 October 2019 - 11:25 AM.

• Matt R. likes this

#627 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:32 AM

I recall my condo delivery service improved greatly once they got rid of the stumbling drunk that had the route.

#628 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,862 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:47 AM

For those of you who have used Canada Post's Flex Delivery, have you had problems for online shopping since now your delivery address doesn't match your credit card address?

Might depend where you buy from. I’ve had no problems. mostly amazon.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 04 October 2019 - 11:48 AM.

#629 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,862 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

i always wonder about people that refuse to accept unaddressed admail / junk mail.

how can they be so sure that something that comes in the junk mail is not going to save them money?  maybe even every week.

#630 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:11 PM

I long ago stopped accepting unaddressed mail, and I can honestly say my life has not suffered one iota for making this change. It's astounding how much of this **** ends up in (and around) the recycle bin in the lobby of my building.

• Bernard and GaryRanson like this

#631 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,862 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:21 PM

does london drugs still produce a flyer?  i'd accept it just for that.

• Nparker likes this

#632 m3m

m3m
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:36 PM

i always wonder about people that refuse to accept unaddressed admail / junk mail.

how can they be so sure that something that comes in the junk mail is not going to save them money? maybe even every week.

Really? What’s the best coupon you’ve seen recently. $0.35 off a can of soup? I’m willing to risk missing out on those potential massive savings so that I don’t have to deal with all that paper clogging up my mailbox.

#633 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:48 PM

how can they be so sure that something that comes in the junk mail is not going to save them money?  maybe even every week.

Because none of the free papers get delivered to my house, I have my colleague bring me the flyers he gets in the TC and Saanich News!  :)

#634 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:14 PM

Because none of the free papers get delivered to my house, I have my colleague bring me the flyers he gets in the TC and Saanich News! :)

You pay for the free papers if you shop with the advertisers.

Edited by todd, 14 January 2020 - 09:17 PM.

#635 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:47 AM

Without those flyers there would be nothing to get the wood stove lit. The actual newsprint is much better, though, but it’s all good.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#636 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:05 AM

And since it seems to be the question here, where is that wood stove - Saanich peninsula or out sooke way (my guess)? 

#637 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:29 AM

Oh it could be anywhere. There is no ban on wood burning in any of the 13 municipalities, but some are not permitting new installations.
  • sebberry, Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

Know it all.

#638 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:56 AM

does london drugs still produce a flyer?  i'd accept it just for that.

Pro-tip: https://www.londondr...ers/eflyer.html

• Nparker, GaryRanson and Victoria Watcher like this

#639 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,016 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:41 PM

Without those flyers there would be nothing to get the wood stove lit. The actual newsprint is much better, though, but it’s all good.

Kraft paper is where it’s at.

Matt.

#640 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,862 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:58 AM

• GaryRanson likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users