Photo

Canada Post issues and news in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
750 replies to this topic

#681 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 08:25 AM

Maybe some sizes/weights of packages move through a different path than others?

possible. I don't think a game and a book's weight are too different (at least this book). Could be electronics related I guess though. 

#682 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 08:50 AM

My dad was a postmaster for many years in a small town. He didn't come home on Christmas Eve until every parcel received at the Post Office had been delivered! We never knew when he would get home. 

• Nparker and Barrrister like this

#683 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 31,526 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 08:59 AM

Maybe he was Santa.
  • Mike K., Nparker, Cats4Hire and 1 other like this

#684 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 766 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:47 PM

CP are way backlogged right now. A couple times this month alone I have had two different tracked packages arrive in Victoria, and sit for a week before being delivered. Another one arrived in Victoria earlier today, I'm curious how long that one will take. Nothing urgent, but still. I'm trying to avoid ordering anything online these days to avoid adding to the problem.

#685 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:53 PM

Canada Post, and everyone else too.

I received a package today via Intelcom that was shipped by the Bay from Ontario on November 26th. Nearly 2 months.

#686 Nparker

Nparker
  • 31,877 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:55 PM

We're told to avoid shopping in stores to keep the population safe, resulting in online shopping becoming too popular for our delivery systems to handle. We do indeed live in strange times.

#687 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:42 PM

There has always been a little post office in fulford, attached to the building I am in. Super boxes, mailboxes, regular postal service and it’s been closed since Covid. Some issues with safety for the tenant I think due to Covid, so she shut it.

Having a post office next door is great for business, and the tenant was super nice too. We only have the PO in Ganges now, which is lined up down the block anytime I am nearby.

#688 Nparker

Nparker
  • 31,877 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 05:20 PM

It's not looking too good for Canada Post again... :mad:

CP.PNG

#689 phx

phx
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 05:45 PM

At least my package is on the island.

They say it will be delivered today, but then, they said that yesterday...

I am doubtful.

5aBAw1n.png

#690 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 69,389 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 06:27 PM

Delivered, or the note will be dropped into your mailbox with the parcel available for pick-up tomorrow after noon?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#691 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 69,389 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 06:30 PM

I mean it wasn’t long ago that Canada Post was facing a Kodak moment of declining letter mail and more communications switching to electronic means.

Smart people were trying to keep the operation above water.

Now the problem is they can’t handle the volume.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#692 Nparker

Nparker
  • 31,877 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 06:50 PM

Delivered, or the note will be dropped into your mailbox with the parcel available for pick-up tomorrow after noon?

I have checked several times today; no note; no attempted delivery.

#693 Nparker

Nparker
  • 31,877 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 06:45 AM

It's not looking too good for Canada Post again... :mad:.

Now CP is finally admitting to delays (no **** Sherlock) and have scrapped the expected delivery date altogether.

CP delay.PNG

7 days and counting from Richmond to Victoria is NOT acceptable under any circumstances.

#694 spanky123

spanky123
  • 18,439 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:05 AM

I have checked several times today; no note; no attempted delivery.

For larger items these days they are not even attempting delivery. It just gets dropped at your local pickup location and a note put in your box. 

Too bad for me in my latest episode, the only reason I had something shipped was so that I wouldn't have to carry a 75 lb box to my car. Had I known they wouldn't deliver it I could have just picked it up locally!

• Barrrister likes this

#695 spanky123

spanky123
  • 18,439 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:07 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the delays were not part of a larger negotiation with Amazon over pricing. Amazon must be getting pummeled with complaints and rejections when their 2-day prime delivery (that they charge you lots for) is now 10+ days standard. Must be a few lawyers lined up for a class action.

Edited by spanky123, 19 January 2022 - 08:08 AM.

#696 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 31,526 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:38 AM

If even one of your Amazon Prime packages does not arrive in time, you can get a month credit from Amazon.  But you have to ask.  I do it lots.

#697 spanky123

spanky123
  • 18,439 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:40 AM

If even one of your Amazon Prime packages does not arrive in time, you can get a month credit from Amazon.  But you have to ask.  I do it lots.

So every month should be free then!

My brother lives in Vancouver and I note that if I pick and item and use his address then it says deliver in 2 days. The same item with a Victoria address is 10+ days. Obviously Amazon has the item in its warehouse.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#698 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 69,389 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:16 AM

For larger items these days they are not even attempting delivery. It just gets dropped at your local pickup location and a note put in your box.

Too bad for me in my latest episode, the only reason I had something shipped was so that I wouldn't have to carry a 75 lb box to my car. Had I known they wouldn't deliver it I could have just picked it up locally!

Me too! Mrs. Mike K was none too happy when the item she ordered from Amazon, which is bulky, ended up at the PO for pick-up several days late.

None of this is lost on Amazon. They are building their last mile distribution centres for a reason.
  • Barrrister likes this

Know it all.

#699 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:01 AM

Now CP is finally admitting to delays (no **** Sherlock) and have scrapped the expected delivery date altogether.

7 days and counting from Richmond to Victoria is NOT acceptable under any circumstances.

What do you mean by "finally"?

This alert has been posted on their site since August:

Attached Images

• Capture.PNG

#700 Nparker

Nparker
  • 31,877 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:11 AM

I mean they finally stopped suggesting they will meet any of their proposed delivery dates.

And the phrase "putting safety first" is about as lame an excuse as any organization can dream up these days.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users