Photo

Canada Post issues and news in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#701 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:15 AM

I had a package come from Michigan via USPS/Canada Post, shipped January 4 based on the label (I never got any tracking for it). Since it's a DVD which I assume has the exact same everything as a video game I can't even imagine why that made it but my game has been stuck in Richmond since the 4th. Hopefully they didn't lose it

#702 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:25 AM

I mean they finally stopped suggesting they will meet any of their proposed delivery dates.

And the phrase "putting safety first" is about as lame an excuse as any organization can dream up these days.

It's just how the tracking system is programmed. Believe it or not, there isn't someone at Canada Post watching the status of your parcel and updating that Expected Delivery date :D

#703 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 06:58 PM

Hopefully they didn't lose it

Extremely rare that parcels get lost.

Delayed, on the other hand ...

Just had a small parcel arrive today that took just over two months from Ontario. Good thing I'm patient.

Attached Images

• Capture.PNG

#704 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 07:59 PM

Extremely rare that parcels get lost.

Delayed, on the other hand ...

Just had a small parcel arrive today that took just over two months from Ontario. Good thing I'm patient.

if everything (of mine) was getting delayed I probably wouldn't be so worried. It's just odd this has been stuck in Richmond since January 4 but I've received multiple things from Canada Post (some that went through Richmond) since that and I can't think of anything that would be causing this specific package to be delayed more than the others.

#705 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 12:54 AM

I think what we've learned over the pandemic is that Canada Post doesn't always process FIFO (first in/first out). Your item could be stuck in a trailer that they just haven't gotten to yet.

#706 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 01:00 AM

second time it's happened to me.. package is "out for delivery" and it doesn't show up, check the site later and find out it's "delayed till the next business day"  so basically i put off my stuff today for no reason to be home for a package that they decided not to deliver today (a package that took a week and a half to get here from Duncan and had the expected due date changed three times)

#707 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,054 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 01:12 AM

You stayed home just for a package?  What's in it, hot pizza?

• spanky123 and vortoozo like this

#708 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 05:09 AM

You stayed home just for a package?  What's in it, hot pizza?

i pushed my costco trip off a day and stayed home because i absolutely hate standing in a line at the post office (it can take then nearly 20 minutes to get through 5 people), and when i do go to the post office half the time they don't have the package and i have to wait another couple of days (the tag usually says pick up tomorrow after 1pm but it's not there two days later).. and i'll admit i'm really looking forward to the new bras i ordered

i'll also add i'm kinda limited what i can do at the moment because i can't put the dog in the car with me since it's a loaner and a no dogs allowed rule (and he cries if i leave him home alone- that wakes hubby)

Edited by Midnightly, 20 January 2022 - 05:12 AM.

#709 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,054 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 05:16 AM

I’m sure the above has all the components I need for a good joke.
  • Matt R. likes this

#710 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 05:19 AM

I’m sure the above has all the components I need for a good joke.

oh probably... i call the dog my triple A.. my absolutely adorable little asshole

#711 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 07:26 AM

Something else weird is I only have packages "failed to be delivered pick up tomorrow at _" if there's duty (they don't even bother getting me to pay at the door although I understand that one) while everything else he just leaves on the porch and knocks. Are you guys in condos or something with them failing to deliver without even trying?

#712 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,774 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 07:38 AM

...Are you guys in condos or something with them failing to deliver without even trying?

Sometimes it feels like no attempt is made to deliver. Of course, short of standing in the lobby of my condo building and watching the postal carrier deliberately "not" contact me for a package delivery, I have no proof.

#713 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 09:28 AM

They don't always load parcels with the carrier or onto the truck for rural routes.

Sometimes there simply isn't space so the carrier ends up with the delivery notice only.

#714 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,509 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 January 2022 - 09:48 AM

I get all my parcels delivered to a commercial work address.  Before Christmas I still had a couple of items go straight to the post office with no notice card left, it was up to me to track it and figure out where to get it.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#715 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 07:28 PM

Well I have to say the situation in the US is much better than what is happening in Canada.

I still get Amazon two day delivery, I had one that if I ordered before noon it would be delivered that afternoon.

Post office is not bad either, usually two or three days from across the country.

I haven't ordered anything from Alibaba this year though, I expect that would be very slow.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#716 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:14 PM

So the item was in stock in an Amazon warehouse in Vancouver 2 weeks ago. On its way to Victoria it is now somewhere in Missisauga!

Tuesday, 18 January
5:00 PM
Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster.
MISSISSAUGA, ON CA
Wednesday, 12 January
4:31 AM
Package left the carrier facility.
RICHMOND, BC CA
Monday, 10 January
12:10 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.
RICHMOND, BC CA
Saturday, 8 January
11:06 PM
Package left an Amazon facility.
Vancouver, British Columbia CA
2:46 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility.
Vancouver, British Columbia CA
5:34 AM
Delay in delivery due to external factors

Friday, 7 January

Carrier picked up the package.

#717 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,774 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:17 PM

Two of my Amazon orders have been sitting in Richmond for between 9 and 12 days now.  :mad:

#718 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:20 PM

Two of my Amazon orders have been sitting in Richmond for between 9 and 12 days now.  :mad:

Check to see if they are in Mississauga!

Shopify stock is being pummeled due to drop in traffic (down more than 50% in past 2 months), I would expect Amazon to continue down as well.

Buying local is looking better than ever!

Edited by spanky123, 21 January 2022 - 03:21 PM.

#719 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,774 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:25 PM

Check to see if they are in Mississauga!...

I would check except all Canada Post's tracking system is willing to tell me now is "Expected delivery: Item delayed — stay tuned for updates" 

Stay tuned? Like I should be on the edge of my seat with excitement?

#720 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:40 PM

So the item was in stock in an Amazon warehouse in Vancouver 2 weeks ago. On its way to Victoria it is now somewhere in Missisauga!

Tuesday, 18 January
5:00 PM
Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster.
MISSISSAUGA, ON CA

The "delay in delivery" message appears to be a system generated message that gets added to the tracking if it doesn't move throughout the system at typical speeds. It does not mean your parcel has scanned in Mississauga. If it had physically passed through Mississauga you would expect to see an "item processed" scan upon arrival and "item in transit" scan upon departure.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users