BUILT
Black and White
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1033 Cook Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, junior 1BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Black and White is a six-storey mixed-used development with five residential levels above a ground floor comme... (view full profile)
Learn more about Black and White on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] Black and White | Condos; commercial | 6-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
960 replies to this topic

#861 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:13 PM

This is also the year of the Westshore, where we’ll finally see the market’s reaction to the McKenzie Interchange.

Could we see Langford et al values push up 10% while the core remains flat or dips?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#862 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:11 PM

Are you saying we should wait a few more months before buying a place in the core?

Matt.

#863 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:41 PM

If you’re buying a house, maybe.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#864 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:42 PM

... I've bought pre-sales before through my holding company and deferred the GST. 

You have a "holding company"? 

Your real estate empire is bigger than I thought.    :bow:

#865 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:53 PM

Depending on the lender, once you get to 4 doors, sometimes 6, you are no longer looking for conventional residential mortgages and probably end up with a hold co. for the commercial mortgages. I suppose this is common knowledge but came as a surprise to me.

Matt.

#866 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:04 AM

Would there be any indication when some of the businesses will open?

Hydrate IV lounge has an issued BP for tenant improvements, and the dentist office has a BP in progress (i.e. received but not yet issued). There's no indication on the open data page that Bear & Joey has applied for a BP...

#867 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,765 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:17 AM

Hydrate IV lounge has an issued BP for tenant improvements...

Is that IV as in 4 or as intravenous?

#868 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:23 AM

Is that IV as in 4 or as intravenous?

Intravenous. They have an existing location one block over at 1015 Cook Street.

#869 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,765 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:32 AM

It will be interesting to see how long the IV Lounge fad lasts.

#870 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:40 AM

Perhaps a bit off topic......

How much are people asking for parking spaces to rent if they don't use them in new condos?  Downtown, Upper Fort etc

#871 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:52 AM

For residents of the building your asking price can be limited by what the strata decides is the maximum price. I know that a lot of people don't abide by such restrictions, but they're often there.

That being said, given the price of commercial parking spots I'd wager that $175 per month would be on the lower end of the spectrum and $250 on the higher end for a stall within a residential building. I have seen people push higher but I don't know if they get what they're asking.

There are also regulations banning non-residents from having access to a parking spot as that constitutes a security concern.

Know it all.

#872 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:58 AM

Thanks Mike

Question?

I haven't seen any resale activity for one of the other Abstract projects, Bowker.  What's the most likely reason for there being no resales or Abstract re-listings which has occurred at B&W?

Could one assume the vast majority of purchasers are local, but would this also explain investors not cashing out?  How would presale vs current value for this project look?

#873 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

Bowker is still under construction and Abstract typically does not permit assignments, so purchasers must wait for completion before listing their units.

Know it all.

#874 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:34 AM

I was showing a few units yesterday and sucks about the above ground power-lines they left on Fort....some of the unit stare right into them.

• Brantastic likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#875 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,765 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:40 AM

I was showing a few units yesterday and sucks about the above ground power-lines they left on Fort...

So who ultimately makes this decision: the developer, the city, or BC Hydro?

#876 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:49 AM

So who ultimately makes this decision: the developer, the city, or BC Hydro?

BC Hydro

#877 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:30 AM

I was showing a few units yesterday and sucks about the above ground power-lines they left on Fort....some of the unit stare right into them.

Yeah, my unit at 1008 Pandora (second floor) has one right square in the centre of my living room window. I have no clue why they haven't taken the opportunity with all this development to put power lines in Harris Green underground. It would be a massive undertaking to do it after the fact.

#878 Glen

Glen
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:14 PM

I believe the possibility of earthquakes and rock cap are a key reasons why hydro utilities in general don't place lines underground.  Too vulnerable

#879 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM

Yes. And when you have a burst water main it can be a massive endeavour to fix. Given Victoria’s fragile below ground infrastructure I imagine hydro keeps a close watch on what’s being improved and what isn’t, and decide on the location of their utilities accordingly.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#880 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:06 AM

If that were true then no areas would have them underground. But much of even Harris Green doesnt have them. It is just cost.
  • Nparker likes this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users