BUILT
Black and White
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1033 Cook Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 6
Condo units: 75 (1BR, 2BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, junior 1BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Black and White is a six-storey mixed-used development with five residential levels above a ground floor comme... (view full profile)
Learn more about Black and White on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] Black and White | Condos; commercial | 6-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
921 replies to this topic

#921 Glen

Glen
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:24 PM

.........something to consider

B&W provided a BMW, i-3  and electric bicycles as part of their sales promotion.  The car was stolen and damaged before even going into use.  These so called EXTRAS have many implications to a new condo board, all adding to the monthly maintenance fees.  THe car will get sold from what I hear as will the bicycles.

The cost for the extra insurance and risk is nothing but a negative.  New builds don't have extra cash reserves to fund these EXTRAS provided by the builder.

I believe Bellewoods will have a similar provision.  Certainly an upscale building like Bellewoods doesn't require an in house vehicle and bicycles.  Owners can afford their own if they wish.

• Nparker likes this

#922 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:44 PM

.........something to consider
B&W provided a BMW, i-3 and electric bicycles as part of their sales promotion. The car was stolen and damaged before even going into use. These so called EXTRAS have many implications to a new condo board, all adding to the monthly maintenance fees. THe car will get sold from what I hear as will the bicycles.
The cost for the extra insurance and risk is nothing but a negative. New builds don't have extra cash reserves to fund these EXTRAS provided by the builder.

I believe Bellewoods will have a similar provision. Certainly an upscale building like Bellewoods doesn't require an in house vehicle and bicycles. Owners can afford their own if they wish.

I had a repo company ask me outside my building on January 11th if they could check out the building's underground parking to see if they could find a black and white BMW.. they hinted about it being stolen.. wasn't really sure if THEY were trying to steal it. I looked for them and said there was only a black BMW i3. Only later did I realize they meant the condo black and white! Took a better look and there it was.. with the B & W wrap. Told them, and asked them to contact building management to get access. Apparently the car was pinging it's location.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users