Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The 834 | Condos | 40.7m | 14-storeys | Built - completed in 2011

• Please log in to reply
799 replies to this topic

#701 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

I am extremely disappointed in the green portion of the podium. The rendering gives an impression that it's either a copper or some kind of reflective tile.
The end result is just a flat Christmas tree green. It's the same green my mother in law has in her kitchen along with the tole paintings and the doilies.

#702 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

This thread has become a classic - would love to see Telus execs reading it uncomfortably, particulary because there is a good business presence among the posters and reader. Serves them for the obviously poor and arrogant service that they are giving customers. Let it go viral - perhaps then it will change.

Marko and others, would you please update us on your Telus adventures? Thanks!

Well I called yesterday morning again...below is a paraphrased conversation....

Marko: "I booked an appointment in November which was for Thursday, December 8th, which I also confirmed Thursday morning, I waited for 2 hours and your technician came at the very end to tell me he could not install my services - I am still without services and it has been two weeks now"

Representative: "Thankfully there isn't a 2 week wait for an install - we can come on the 19th."

Marko: "Someone called me after the technician left and said you could slot me in on the 13th."

Representative: "Let me check.......ohh yes we can do December 13th, that is the day that service will be up and running to the building."

Marko: "Really, so there is no service to the building until the 13th?"

Representative: "No."

Marko: "So you are telling me no one in the building has services."

Representative: "I cannot comment on that."

Marko: "You are telling me you cannot look in your system to see if anyone at 834 Johnson has been setup with services? There are a number of people on varying floors with services"

Representative: "I cannot comment on that."

Marko: "Can I please speak to management?"

Representative: "No problem, they will call you back this morning."

Management never called and just after lunch yesterday I logged into my online Waterhouse Account and sold my 400 shares of Telus I've had for a while. I know you are not supposed to mix emotion and investing but this company is pathetic. What kind of company has a policy of lying to their clients? I'll be switching to Shaw Internet in a year and won't even bother with a TV service. I've had some issues with Shaw & Rogers over the years but have never experienced anything remotely close to this.

The best part is Telus did all of their wiring for this building.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#703 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

I've dealt with a lot of big companies, but telus is by far the absolute worst.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#704 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

When I bought my condo I wanted to pay less than $45/month (what Shaw & Telus were charging) for internet. Knowing that your deal depends on who you talk to, I called both companies 3 separate times trying to extract a promotional offer or something. No dice.

I finally called Telus to bite the bullet and pay full price. To my surprise, this time I randomly qualified for a $17/month internet rate. No contract, no rate increase over time. I have no idea why- I just said "ok."

Sometimes Telus's total inconsistency works in your favor.

#705 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

I'm sure Marko wanted to hear that tonight. :)

#706 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

I am extremely disappointed in the green portion of the podium. The rendering gives an impression that it's either a copper or some kind of reflective tile.
The end result is just a flat Christmas tree green. It's the same green my mother in law has in her kitchen along with the tole paintings and the doilies.

Also in the renderings there are two steps going up to the town homes; however, the finished product has street level entry - quite possibly to accommodate for wheelchair access to the main floor of the town homes?

Still not all finished. I think it might look better once it is all cleaned up.

#707 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

That's an impressive level of privacy in those townhomes.

Those decks are pretty tiny as well.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#708 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,806 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

I agree the colour is not what was promised. I don't rreally mind it but I do do mind being told that we were getting some copper sided townhomes and this is what we end up with. While I am a big fan of Chard generally and really like this building I think the city should be calling them on this as it is a big departure from what was planned.

Also while I am being picky I would have loved if the pale green glass panels on the upper parts of the building hadd been about two shades darker than they are to have more of a contrast. It is almost impossible to notice that they are not white. Still that is just a small point and just my personal preference.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#709 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

That's an impressive level of privacy in those townhomes.

Those decks are pretty tiny as well.

Yes but they have that huge courtyard on the lower floor though!

The courtyard looks to be just about the right size for a couple of homeless people to curl up for the night.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#710 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

TELUS update:

On December 10th I tweeted: "Two weeks now without internet....thanks Telus."

Within minutes I was added by "TELUSsupport" and received a reply: "@MarkoJuras Hi, Ziade here with @TELUSsupport If you'd like, follow, and DM us with your phone #, and account #. I would love to help."

I subsequently tweeted: "Telus by far has the worst customer service of any large company I have ever dealt with. Still no internet in a brand new - 834 Johnson St"

Received a phone call this morning from technician: "I can be there right away," so I took off from my office asap and had internet/TV shortly afterwards.

#711 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

Wow, takin' it to the streets, hey?

Glad to hear it worked for you. Just goes to show that with Telus it's all a matter of who you know and who happens to be listening on the other end.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#712 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

Man, I should just tweet when a company ticks me off. Seems to do the trick!

#713 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

Guess the moral is that Telus has a dedicated staff member who follows Telus posts on Twitter and intervenes to minimize negative statements about the company. That's how Marko (who seems to be no web 2.0 slouch) finally managed to get attention.

Does someone want to post a twitter link to this thread and see what comes back?
"I know nothing"

#714 TimmyHos

TimmyHos
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

Regarding Telus, it definitely depends on who you talk to. This is the first time I've dealt with Telus in close to 15 years and I'm glad it wasn't as painful as Marko's experience.

It seems the regular customer service line has no communication between the promotions department, at least not the one the 834 residents were directed to call... and there's also a disconnect between the service reps and the technicians. Finally, there seemed to be some bad communication between the city and/or Chard and Telus in terms of setting up the unit addresses and building profile.

However, that all being said, I was lucky to have my services installed on only the second appointment date and the technician who showed up was awesome. He did a great job and he was efficient. He had two HD receivers registered and set up in two rooms, cable services installed and internet w/ wifi running in under 90 minutes.

I'm with Bell for my phone and I complain about their service. I was with Shaw for my previous internet service and I complained about their service too. In the future, regardless of who the provider is, I'll probably find a reason to ***** about their service at some point. :)

#715 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Should this project be labeled as completed now? If not, are the townhome units to be completed by month's end?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#716 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

Should this project be labeled as completed now? If not, are the townhome units to be completed by month's end?

I would hold off until January...still a lot of work going on.

#717 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Received an email from the management company today...

"Attached, please find a Notice advising that BC Hydro has scheduled Thursday, December 22, 2011 to install the hydro meters servicing individual strata lots."

Guess the hydro is still on Ledcor or Chard....crank up the heat to 23.

#718 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

An awesome night photo courtesy of an 834 owner (not myself).

#719 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

A few photos of my unit. It is 530 sq/ft give or take. It is one of the $198,900 units......

#720 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

That turned out pretty decently for $200,000 in a brand new steel and concrete down-town building! :)

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users