Missing Persons

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

#21 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:34 PM

A bald black guy less than 6 feet tall? Should stand out like a sore thumb here. I suspect we have one of the lightest skinned population of any North American population center (excluding the Canadian territories).

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:31 AM

If I were a betting man I'd say he is well on his way to another jurisdiction in this country, if not already there.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:22 AM

If I were a betting man I'd say he is well on his way to another jurisdiction in this country, if not already there.

And already has a new ID. Missing person or illegal immigrant, just a matter of semantics I guess.

#24 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

A bald black guy less than 6 feet tall? Should stand out like a sore thumb here. I suspect we have one of the lightest skinned population of any North American population center (excluding the Canadian territories).

I'd say Kelowna but they're getting to that time of year where everyone is tan  ;)

#25 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

Regarding this missing cruise ship employee: he had a shore pass which gives him permission to be in Victoria. Has he broken any laws yet? Is there a reason the police are involved or is this strictly a matter between employee and employer?

#26 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

How else is a guy supposed to pull off a "take this job and shove it" departure from a hated working position on a cruise ship?

You simply walk away at a port of call that is convenient to getting back to where ever it is you want to get back to.

#27 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

Our Search To Locate Wanted and Missing Man Paul Seal Continues

Community Services Division officers and our Investigative Services Division Missing Persons coordinator are asking for your help as we continue to work to locate Paul Martin Seal.

Paul Seal was originally the subject of a wanted notice on May 18th, 2018 as part of efforts to locate him on a warrant for breaching his court-ordered conditions. Officers were in contact with him initially. During this contact Paul made comments that caused officers concern for his well-being. These comments mean that in addition to working to locate him on his warrants for breach, efforts to locate him now involve our Missing Persons coordinator. While he is wanted on warrants, our primary concern is his safety and well-being.

Paul Seal remains wanted for breaching conditions in relation to a 2009 fraud file that allegedly has thirteen victims. As such, there are several outstanding breach and related files for which he is being sought. Our investigators believe that, in addition to making comments which cause concern for his well-being, he is actively avoiding police.

Our efforts to locate Paul Seal safely mean that investigators continue to reach out to those who know Paul personally to encourage him to verify his well-being.

Paul Martin Seal is described as a 50 year-old Caucasian man standing six feet tall with a medium build. He has short, greying brown hair and a grey and brown beard. Recent photographs of Seal are below.

Seal is active on several local Facebook pages including Victoria BC TODAYand is active online locally and is known to frequent local businesses, including the Yates Street Taphouse Bar&Grill and The Strathcona Hotel.

If you see Paul Seal, you are asked to call 911.

If you have information on where Paul Martin Seal is, you are asked to call our non-emergency line at 250-995-7654. To report what you know anonymously, please call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1(800) 222-8477.

Post on VicPD.ca | https://vicpd.ca/node/1991

C'mon my friend. Let's bring this to a conclusion that is good for everybody.

• Matt R. likes this

#28 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

Yeah, I hope that this comes to a positive ending. It's been several weeks now.

• todd likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#29 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:07 PM

Miss him round here for sure.

#30 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:43 PM

Please be safe!
  • todd likes this

#31 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

It's like we're missing a limb around here.

Lots of positive vibes Pauls way.

The best way to deal with the "crap" that can get doled out in life is to simply deal with it ... put it behind you - and then get on with all the good stuff.

• Mike K. and Bingo like this

#32 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

Disappearance of two BC men last seen in Ucluelet now considered suspicious, RCMP say...

https://www.cheknews...cmp-say-457960/

#33 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

C'mon my friend. Let's bring this to a conclusion that is good for everybody.

It's not the same without him being on the forum. Talk to the police, do what you have to do to get out in front of this. Nobody will hold you in any less regard than before. 

• sebberry likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#34 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:03 PM

Im thinking he has fled the province never to return.
  • todd likes this

#35 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:40 PM

It's like we're missing a limb around here.

Lots of positive vibes Pauls way.

The best way to deal with the "crap" that can get doled out in life is to simply deal with it ... put it behind you - and then get on with all the good stuff.

Yeah...Mike is only 10,400 posts back and closing.

#36 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

Miss him round here for sure.

Doesn't look like he's missing us. He's online as we speak.

Attached Images

• vhf.png

Edited by vortoozo, 06 June 2018 - 09:54 PM.

• Rob Randall, Matt R. and lanforod like this

#37 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:37 PM

Doesn't look like he's missing us. He's online as we speak.

He is indeed online. He took the time to reply to the VicPD’s Facebook update about himself earlier today, with a (since deleted) comment that I’d call a taunt. I’m not feeling very sympathetic here, but whatever. Karma and all....
  • weirdie and sdwright.vic like this

#38 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:51 PM

Karma hasn't seemed have caught up with him so far...

#39 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,013 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:34 PM

He unfriended me on Facebook! Rude!

Matt.
  • lanforod and todd like this

#40 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:49 AM

There’s a number of posts from him on their page.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users