Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Cherry Bank | 8-storeys | Built - completed in 2009

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#41 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

I walked by the Cherry Bank's Sales Centre earlier today and it looked like it was open (people inside, architectural model, etc)... it's located on Fort Street just east of Cook.

#42 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:29 AM

Seems like a weird location.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#43 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:54 AM

AHHH!...

Perhaps one of those location decision's made by the "powers that decide"..

Remember you site location principles in urban and regional geography..

Doesn't the developer have an office near by?

And, its at the end of Antique Alley.. and on the way to The AGGV and Crigdarich...

#44 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

I'm still confused by The Wing ad where it says EXPANSIVE WINDOWS. I thought they were all 12"x12"
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#45 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

^Maybe they meant to say "see the expansive windows of Parc Residences across the street".
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#46 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:39 PM

I think it was a typo - they meant expensive :lol:
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#47 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:43 PM

I am sure anything seems expensive to someone who invested in this project :)

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#48 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

Are we taking the Cherry Bank seriously or are we just chatting as we wait in line until we see some more details?

#49 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:01 PM

Can't take anything seriously these days.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#50 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

Serious -- oh well. Sure, we can take Cherry Bank seriously, although did you all notice how their rendering literally whitewashed the next door Savoy? Like, d'uhr, what were they thinking? That their future clientele won't want to live next door to a big brown building? Sheesh.
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#51 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:17 PM

We may have to get the old gang together and infiltrate the sales office to steal some photos.

We did this with the Concert sales office in False Creek in 2005. The dozen or so of us split into groups, with some of us distracting and flirting with the sales girls, some milling about innocently acting as blockers while the others snapped photos of the architectural models, ignoring the no photography signs.

It was a textbook operation--one part The Magnificent Seven, one part The Guns of Navarone.

No sales office is safe from us.

Jada, Dylan, Derf...are you in...or are you out?

8)
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#52 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

I'm hurr. I'll be thurr.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#53 m0nkyman

m0nkyman
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:42 AM

Give 'em credit for not rendering it in the middle of pristine wilderness, as far too many developers like to do...

#54 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:55 PM

Do we really need pictures of the new building that bad? I thought we had one of it right here.

#55 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:07 PM

Do you happen to have a rendering of the Cherry Bank project?

#56 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

I went in to the sales centre briefly today and saw that the one-bedrooms start at $530,000. They top out at over a million.

#57 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:52 PM

I went in to the sales centre briefly today and saw that the one-bedrooms start at $530,000. They top out at over a million.

:shock: Eeek...

Hmm, maybe that area (w/ Astoria, Belvedere, Park..., Aria, etc.) will shape up as an excellent location for an Apple Store?

(Just trying to see the bright side, from a non-condo-buyer's perspective!)
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#58 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:10 PM

What was the square footage of some of these 1 bedrooms?

#59 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:20 PM

It sure didn't look that yellow when it was presented to APC. I would have said something....
Pieta VanDyke

#60 Photogirl

Photogirl
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:22 PM

We may have to get the old gang together and infiltrate the sales office to steal some photos.

We did this with the Concert sales office in False Creek in 2005. The dozen or so of us split into groups, with some of us distracting and flirting with the sales girls, some milling about innocently acting as blockers while the others snapped photos of the architectural models, ignoring the no photography signs.

aha! I'm onto you Holden. In fact, I think I'll call The Cherry Bank and warm them. Us "sales girls" stick together ya know ;)

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users