153 replies to this topic

#81 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

The first 2x4s are in the ground:

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#82 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:04 PM

I didn't even realize that they had started excavation.

#83 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:01 PM

The crane is going up now. I don't know what it is about Campbell but they're either fast or lucky in that their projects do not require as much prep work as Farmer's.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#84 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:08 AM

Know it all.

#85 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

Mike, where is the photo you got from Vista 18 the other day?

#86 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:27 PM

Unfortunately that photo had too much glare in the windows and with the cellphone the clarity was even worse. It's decent, but nothing show-worthy.

I could put it up, though.

Know it all.

#87 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

ok, just show it to me on your phone next time I see ya

#88 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

From today:

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#89 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

^Yo G-Man, edit-save your pics will ya?

Today:

#90 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

...and will probably be finished before the Palladian.

#91 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

This one's really moving.

Has anybody ever taken a good look at the model?

#92 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:28 PM

Yeah, I've seen it at the Fort St. presentation centre. It's a nice big model. It's a case of the model being vastly more informative than the drawings due to the extreme slope of the site.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#93 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:20 PM

Taken today (March 1 2008):

#94 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

Today:

#95 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

That's incredible how quickly this project is rising. Thanks for the photos, gum.

Know it all.

#96 Koru

Koru
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

Well looks like this project is getting one step closer to completion! For those of you, who haven't been by it lately glass has started going in on the bottom two levels and exterior gypsum board up to the 3rd, with 4 just about ready to go. It would appear from my vantage point that they are currently, as we speak pouring the 2nd half of the last floor with the concrete pump truck. I could be wrong as to it being the last as I haven't talked to the Op over there in a little while, but I'm pretty sure judging by the activity and such that it is the last floor. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next week of how its looking.

#97 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for the update.

And those pictures would be awesome!

Know it all.

#98 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

This project has really moved along at a quick pace. Compare it, if you will, to something like the Palladian, which I think is still not 100% completed. If it is, then then did a pi**-poor job of the exterior finishing and landscaping (or lack thereof). I wonder what makes a project like Cherry Bank sail through so smoothly and others get held up for so long - aside from things like financing. I mean in the actual construction process.

ps: I look forward to the "guy in the sky" pix of this one!

#99 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:38 AM

Flames damage building site

Times Colonist
Published: Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Damage was minor and no one was injured yesterday when a fire broke out on the third floor of a building under construction on Rupert Terrace, just off Fairfield Road.

The Victoria Fire Department was called about 6 p.m. and, after cutting a lock on a security gate, managed to reach the fire with a ladder from the ground. Most of the damage was to a wooden pallet and some asphalt roofing material. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2008
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#100 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

Under these sorts of circumstances is it common for the paper not to mention the project by name?

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users