Photo

Victoria radio stations

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#241 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 02:13 PM

^ Ezra has been embroiled in controversy for years. As Danma states, it is surprising that Adam would waste his time (and risk his career) on him. 

Edited by spanky123, 10 May 2023 - 02:14 PM.

• AllseeingEye and Danma like this

#242 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 05:37 PM

Adam's mea culpa now has nearly 200K views on twitter.

Adam has about 11K followers and his average post gets about 5K views.

Anyone who doubts the power and reach of the local political machines needs to look no further. 

Also noticed that Adam has turned off comments on his tweets and didn't post today. I wonder if this was part of his settlement with Ezra and marching orders he has from Bell?

Edited by spanky123, 10 May 2023 - 05:47 PM.

• martini likes this

#243 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 07:02 PM

Anyone who doubts the power and reach of the local political machines needs to look no further. 

My take is: There's only one thing more popular than outrage, and that's schadenfreude.

• Matt R. likes this

#244 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 07:11 AM

^ No doubt.

You don't have to look too hard on twitter to find political staff using this incident to discredit Adam on his homelessness, downtown violence, vaccine and Danbrook work.

#245 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,744 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 07:20 AM

This was from seven years ago. I suspect Adam got caught up in the prevailing social media narrative of the time, when Levant was making big waves after the collapse of the Sun News Network for which he worked, and going solo with Rebel News. There was a huge amount of disdain for Levant at the time because he was fully in charge of Rebel, and an idealogical threat.

It's no different than what the media did over the truckers protests. They framed the nightly news shots, and reported on stories that created an impression that over time, I suspect, will be seen as not having been warranted or as correct as the public may have been lead to believe.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#246 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 07:46 AM

^ Not challenging the circumstances, just remarking on how the story has been amplified and now being used to discredit all of Adam's work on exposing Government ineptitude and lies. Whether it is Bell's or Ezra's doing, he can't defend himself either.

No wonder that people like Stephan Andrew and Janice Williams have such a difficult time at the poles. If they do something great then maybe 5K people will read about it, if they slip up (or someone claims they have slipped up) then 200K will read it alongside consistent commentary on how everything else they have done in life is a fraud. 

Same thing is happening right now with the Uber / Victoria issue. Lots of commentary from political operatives on Uber using common claims like "predatory behaviour," "corporate profits", "precarious work". etc. It could be that everyone thinks exactly the same way I guess.

Edited by spanky123, 11 May 2023 - 07:55 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#247 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,744 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 07:54 AM

Most of them will have spread misinformation about Levant, too, because they don't like him, his politics, and his media organization, and spreading misinformation about him has almost always been seen as a victimless crime. It's ironic, that they have to begrudgingly accept Levant, their #1 foe, as Stirling's victim.

So maybe it's just the tail wagging the dog here. By the end of the weekend they'll be onto something else.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#248 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 08:02 AM

So maybe it's just the tail wagging the dog here. By the end of the weekend they'll be onto something else.

Could be but Ezra at least owns his own media outlet. Nobody at a corporate office in Toronto to fire him!

Adam's saving grace might be that CFAX has been so slimmed down that the only option for 9-1 would be more content from other Iheartradio shows.

Edited by spanky123, 11 May 2023 - 08:02 AM.

#249 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,744 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 08:08 AM

My guess is this was known for many years by head office, but was finally settled. Corporate gave Stirling an extra hour recently. It's all good.

Know it all.

#250 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationJames Bay, Victoria

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:29 PM

My take is: There's only one thing more popular than outrage, and that's schadenfreude.

both of which are the business plan for social media

#251 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:31 PM

^ Not challenging the circumstances, just remarking on how the story has been amplified and now being used to discredit all of Adam's work on exposing Government ineptitude and lies. Whether it is Bell's or Ezra's doing, he can't defend himself either.

No wonder that people like Stephan Andrew and Janice Williams have such a difficult time at the poles. If they do something great then maybe 5K people will read about it, if they slip up (or someone claims they have slipped up) then 200K will read it alongside consistent commentary on how everything else they have done in life is a fraud. 

Same thing is happening right now with the Uber / Victoria issue. Lots of commentary from political operatives on Uber using common claims like "predatory behaviour," "corporate profits", "precarious work". etc. It could be that everyone thinks exactly the same way I guess.

it could also be... that social media isn't the real world, but is influencing the real world a bit.

• Nparker likes this

#252 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:34 PM

Could be but Ezra at least owns his own media outlet. Nobody at a corporate office in Toronto to fire him!

Adam's saving grace might be that CFAX has been so slimmed down that the only option for 9-1 would be more content from other Iheartradio shows.

If the matter is settled, legally, Adam's only concern is his ratings... meaning does he make money. Unless the employer is mad at him, and looking for a reason, they will decide based on revenue.

If Adam costs his masters $780 mm, he'll be fired. 

#253 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,431 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:36 PM

Firing Tucker cost them a billion on the stock and now 50% of their viewership ie. revenue.

#254 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 436 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 11 May 2023 - 03:59 PM

I always liked Adam. Used to listen to him every day and was pretty much on side with most of his musings. It sort of all changed when he perceived that the NDP was going to call an early election. He jumped on that like a dog on a bone and his disdain for the NDP has dominated his narrative. And his several month obsession with all things Langford has become a bit creepy. It just seems like he has become the mouthpiece for a small but regular group of Langford callers whose motives I find myself questioning. I was talking with some (Langford) neighbours this morning and all feel the same way. Too bad. I almost think the space could be filled with Alan Perry's Tech Talk.

• martini likes this

#255 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 05:49 PM

CFAX is unlistenable when Adam is on. I would prefer the old pump and dump stock guys CFAX had on years ago.

#256 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,431 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 05:51 PM

Bring back Terry Moore, Terry Spence, Blane Couilter and Joe Easingwood.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 May 2023 - 05:51 PM.

• Mike K. likes this

#257 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 10:41 AM

Firing Tucker cost them a billion on the stock and now 50% of their viewership ie. revenue.

in the s.t. yes.

Tucker's impulse control issues presented too big a future risk, presumably.

#258 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,431 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 10:43 AM

Tucker's impulse control issues presented too big a future risk, presumably.

I actually think it's more the young Murdoch clan wants to get invited to more New York parties.

#259 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 10:53 AM

I always liked Adam. Used to listen to him every day and was pretty much on side with most of his musings. It sort of all changed when he perceived that the NDP was going to call an early election. He jumped on that like a dog on a bone and his disdain for the NDP has dominated his narrative. And his several month obsession with all things Langford has become a bit creepy. It just seems like he has become the mouthpiece for a small but regular group of Langford callers whose motives I find myself questioning. I was talking with some (Langford) neighbours this morning and all feel the same way. Too bad. I almost think the space could be filled with Alan Perry's Tech Talk.

With enough time passing, and review of enough fora... this is the textbook criticism of every tv/radio personality, when they're hitting close to the bone.

"He was reasonable before but now he's not, and I'm a super reasonable person..."

BC NDP is now captured by neo-Marxists ("I-got-what-I-have-through-hard-work-and-diligence-but-you-stole-yours,-and-I-want-it"), and it appears they're proving the old saw that the left can't execute.

Add to this the usual inability of either extreme, fascists or marxists, to accept the truth even when it's drawing blood. Welcome to the current religion...

Horgan left because he's bored with it. Several other NDPs are bailing because they don't see success, or a successful future. It's a mess and they're even becoming hard to find outside social media... where it's relatively safe from good questions.

Stirling f-ed up which makes him different from every other human being?, and he f-ed up in a low risk way, in a way that has left extremists lined up with Rebel news (which alone is really funny.) No-one at CTV will give a crap about a bun-fight with Ezra; the only reason the neo-marxists do give a crap is because he's drawing blood almost every day.

I'd like a pic of the group lunch as they celebrate their victory, lol. (Ezra and JSB account would be fine.)

#260 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 10:56 AM

I actually think it's more the young Murdoch clan wants to get invited to more New York parties.

Huh? Have you met any of them?

I don't think that's too likely.

Tucker's just a pub hound who likes money more than almost anything... have a chat with him sometime and tell me I'm wrong. Tucker NEEDS to be relevant; his self-worth is based on ratings and he'll say what he needs to for that affirmation. He's far less an ideologue and more just pro-Tucker first.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users