Photo

Victoria radio stations

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#201 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:35 PM

Off topic a bit but interesting to some here, as Rogers announces cuts close to home and further abroad.

https://broadcastdia...tYLbVQfJ2kcuOvM

Matt.

#202 Redd42

Redd42
  • 965 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:46 PM

Radio? Cable? I'm confused by these comments. Kind of similar to antennas. And I've already admitted I'm some what old. 

#203 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 22,637 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:38 AM

It’s a golden anniversary for CKNW AM 980 Vancouver host Stirling Faux, who is marking 50 years in the radio business this weekend. Originally signing on November 15, 1970 as a host for CKSO in Sudbury, ON, his career took him to Toronto, Quebec City, Vancouver, Calgary, and back to Vancouver again, where he’s been ever since. Faux is likely the only person to spend significant time on-air at all four Corus Radio Vancouver stations.  

https://www.pugetsou...akes-it-golden/

#204 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 4,964 posts
  • LocationGorge-Selkirk

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:15 AM

Amazing that anyone can last that long in that industry above all others; the shelf life of a 'jock' in recent years is very finite as my Vancouver DJ buddies will tell anyone willing to listen. Once upon a time back in the Middle Ages you could expect to have a very nice career in local radio (or TV) but those days are long gone. Stirling Faux is an institution I remember listening to him on CKLG when I was barely in my teens. Congrats to him, very well deserved.

• Mike K. and FogPub like this

#205 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 22,637 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 10:17 AM

yes he’s got great style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users