BUILT
Capital Park Office, building 1
Uses: office, commercial
Address: 500-block of Superior Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 5
Capital Park Office, building one, is the first of two office phases (with ground floor commercial space) of C... (view full profile)
Learn more about Capital Park Office, building 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[James Bay] Capital Park | Mixed-use office, commercial, residential | 5-storeys | Under construction

Office Commercial

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#241 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

The central library is in need of a reno or replacement and when that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if it moved North at least a few blocks (perhaps to the new 1515 Douglas St building) making the James Bay location more sensible.

• tedward likes this

#242 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,783 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:56 AM

If it ever happens, a new central library as part of a revamped Centennial Square makes the most sense to me.

• Hotel Mike and tedward like this

#243 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

It won't be moving to 1515, that much we know, but it is sorely in need of improvements. And having it so close to tent city has certainly brought on challenges.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#244 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

If it ever happens, a new central library as part of a revamped Centennial Square makes the most sense to me.

well if it moved there, james bay might need its own branch since the central branch would be farther away...

#245 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:27 PM

That doesn't happen there, at least during business hours. I'm through there constantly due to work. There's security guards walking through there pretty much constantly (and there's a security desk that operates off hours right there too) and nobody is shooting up. Maybe in the middle of the night. That's the courtyard for a pretty big set of government offices as well as the library so it's pretty much constantly full of people.

So there is a security guard, what is he going to do? The police drive right by people shooting up, the city wants to provide a nice warm spot for them to shoot up, what's the guard going to do, tie off for them?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#246 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

Dear VHF,

Thank you for registering your interest in Capital Park, Concert and Jawl Properties’ newest master-planned community. As you may have noticed, construction on this exciting mixed-use community is on its way. We are excited to announce that the first residential phase, a collection of 13 rental suites within three beautifully-rehabilitated heritage homes, are now leasing for occupancy on September 1, 2016.

The Heritage Homes at Capital Park feature fully-updated interiors, with all-new finishings, and unique layouts which reflect the character of Queen Anne Revival style homes. You will find finishes such as shaker-style cabinetry, octagon and herringbone tiling, heritage-inspired hardware and lighting as well as vaulted ceilings. In addition, original exterior architectural details have all been preserved, everything from the multi-gabled rooflines to the extensive carpenters’ ornamentation.

Located on Michigan Street in James Bay, the homes are situated adjacent to the Legislature, just steps from the Inner Harbour and within an easy walk to the best downtown Victoria has to offer. Truly an incomparable location.

As an early registrant, we are pleased to provide you with the first opportunity to rent before the public.

http://www.concertpr...-heritage-homes

screenshot-www.concertproperties.com 2016-06-27 14-20-18.jpg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#247 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,236 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

Nparker...do you remember a spending referendum held in 1990 or thereabouts? It was to borrow money for several projects, including a new arena which would have been used by the Commonwealth Games, and a new library in Centennial Square. It went down to defeat, probably a really big mistake on the part of the Victoria voters. Ya, I know what you're thinking. I can think of lots of other mistakes too.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#248 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

Nparker...do you remember a spending referendum held in 1990 or thereabouts? It was to borrow money for several projects, including a new arena which would have been used by the Commonwealth Games, and a new library in Centennial Square. It went down to defeat, probably a really big mistake on the part of the Victoria voters. Ya, I know what you're thinking. I can think of lots of other mistakes too.

Yes, I think there were multiple questions on the same referendum, somehow I think James Bay fire hall was one that won.

Yes, we made a mistake not going form a new arena back then.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#249 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,783 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:46 PM

Nparker...do you remember a spending referendum held in 1990 or thereabouts?...

I wasn't yet living downtown (CoV) in 1990, so I don't recall the specifics of a referendum at that time, but there is something vaguely familiar about the omnibus nature of the projects you mention being presented to the public for evaluation and approval.

#250 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

I wasn't yet living downtown (CoV) in 1990, so I don't recall the specifics of a referendum at that time, but there is something vaguely familiar about the omnibus nature of the projects you mention being presented to the public for evaluation and approval.

There were like 7 things on the list and only 2 passed.

#251 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

I think there were two referenda; 1991 and 2002.

#252 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

Rising out of the ground.

IMG_6039.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

• Mr Cook Street likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#253 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,236 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

I watched this development the other day. It is one busy work site. Massive.

#254 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

^How are you even able to view the site through the throngs of James Bay protesters? Oh, wait, there aren't any. What's up with that? 

• Nparker likes this

#255 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,236 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:11 PM

^ Ha ha. No the JBNA signed off on this one a long time ago. I think they are chuffed that the library will go in there. To me that is really the entrance to James Bay...not this BS about the Crystal Garden being in James Bay.

• tedward likes this

#256 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

Photo from August 17th

Attached Images

• Captial Park.JPG

• Nparker likes this

#257 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

Capital Park Heritage homes on Michigan - Photos from August 18th

Attached Images

• CapitalParkHeritage-OnMichigan.JPG
  • CapitalParkHeritage-OnMichigan2.JPG
  • CapitalParkHeritageOnMichigan3.JPG

• Bingo and johnk like this

#258 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:23 AM

Why is this not on the front page under "major projects underway" ...

• tedward and Mixed365 like this

#259 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

Capital Park Heritage homes on Michigan - Photos from August 18th

Where is the last house located now? I recognize it from being on Superior St. mid-block.

#260 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

Where is the last house located now? I recognize it from being on Superior St. mid-block.

The 500 block of Michigan St.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users