Hollywood news and related issues

• Please log in to reply
703 replies to this topic

#341 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

What anyone ever saw in this vicious, ugly, no talent big mouth b!tch was always utterly beyond me. She's a well known bigot in Hollywood circles and what possible redeeming qualities anyone sees in this waste of skin is a mystery.

Maybe she should sing the national anthem for a living: oh wait she sucked chunks at that too...

Edited by AllseeingEye, 29 May 2018 - 08:54 PM.

• Cassidy likes this

#342 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

^Remember that anthem controversy? It was a huge scandal. Because she sang a song badly, people were outraged!

What does someone have to do to cause outrage in 2018? Call a black person an ape and say the evil Jews secretly control the world. Anything less is, like, meh.

What an age we live in.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#343 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

/\......Lest We Forget: https://ru-clip.com/...nal-anthem.html

Edited by AllseeingEye, 29 May 2018 - 09:59 PM.

• todd likes this

#344 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

Leader of the #Metoo movement accused of sexually assaulting underage man.

https://www.cnn.com/...ment/index.html

#345 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

Interesting how they named the victim in this case.

#346 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:41 AM

He’s 22 now.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#347 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:26 AM

He’s 22 now.

Still he is a victim of an alleged sexual assault. Would the media name a female victim even if they were over 18?

• Bob Fugger likes this

#348 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

Still he is a victim of an alleged sexual assault. Would the media name a female victim even if they were over 18?

My point, exactly.

#349 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,321 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 08:05 AM

will police now investigate?

#350 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,321 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:33 AM

#believeallmen?

no.

A woman says she hopes Edmonton's Fringe theatre festival puts a greater emphasis on consent after a performer pulled her husband on stage and started to undress him, making him so upset that he called police.

Vikki Wiercinski and her husband have been avid festival-goers over the years and were taking in Wednesday evening's Late Night Cabaret, a racy variety show, with some friends.

Right before intermission, she said, Victoria comedian Mike Delamont — in character as "God is a Scottish Drag Queen" — started lip-synching to "Let's Get It On," pulled her husband from the audience, took hold of him from behind and unbuttoned his shirt, exposing his bare chest to an audience of 100 or so people.

Jim also reported it as an assault to the Edmonton Police Service, but Wiercinski said officers were not receptive.

https://www.timescol...sent-1.23924329

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 23 August 2019 - 07:34 AM.

#351 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:33 PM

They go to a racy variety show and are upset when it gets racy. You always stand the chance of being picked out of the crowd at these sort of things.

I've never been picked for anything racy, hmmm, but those aren't the types of shows/demos I would attend.

I have been picked for lots of stuff though, from Price is Right, to dancing with Elvira on stage. 

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#352 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

Some LA Times writer got upset by Gervais’ smackdown: “The [Golden Globes] mood was already sober thanks to an impeachment, threat of war with Iran and Australian bush fires. The last thing anyone needed was Ricky Gervais there, telling them they sucked.”

Geez, eh?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#353 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:25 PM

Judge Judy to end in 2021 after 25 years https://www.bbc.com/...t-arts-51703850

#354 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:26 PM

First JJ Morgan closing and now this?

• Mike K. likes this

#355 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 05:37 PM

First JJ Morgan closing and now this?

You can watch Hot Bench.

#356 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,321 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 02:58 AM

on the timothy hutton case.

did he have sex with a 14-year-old girl as alleged?  i read the entire buzzfeed article and i think it's likely it took place.

was that illegal?  probably not.  the age of consent at the time was 14.

36 or 37 years later is she trying to shake him down?  probably.  is she trying to blame that event for a lot of other things that went wrong in her life?  probably.  is that justified?  maybe.  i can't see into her mind.  

but she'd dated and married many men.  i'm not sure why that one event would be the foremost in her mind compared to all the other experiences she has had in the past 36 years.  except that he's a wealthy target for a legal settlement.

Sam Izen, Johnston’s boyfriend in the summer of 1983, told BuzzFeed News that she had confided in him early on that she’d had sex with Hutton.

“She didn’t use the word ‘rape,’” he said. “But I found it odd that a guy that was probably in his early twenties would have sex with a girl that age.”

Johnston had never really liked modeling, but threw herself into it, and began dating older guys.

One of them was Réal Andrews, whom she had first met back in Hutton’s entourage. They bumped into each other again on a photo shoot, and dated for a short while.

As she entered adulthood, Johnston briefly dated Vernard Goud, a model whom she met at a club in 1991. “When we started dating, she told me the whole story about what happened to her — the whole rape thing” with Timothy Hutton and his friend, Goud said. “I can’t even think about it. I get ticked off.”

She became an exotic dancer and entered into a series of toxic relationships, including two marriages that ended in divorce. “Every single thing that I really knew that I didn’t want to do — or that wasn’t fulfilling or good in any way — I decided to do. And everything that, you know, was wholesome or decent or whatever, I just dropped,” she said. “It almost completely rearranged me.”

Of the many things she dropped, perhaps the most significant was acting.

“That was my own punishment to myself for getting raped,” she said. “Especially because of who raped me.”

https://www.buzzfeed...e-when-i-was-14

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 March 2020 - 03:09 AM.

#357 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:45 AM

I don't think you are capable of appreciating how an event like that affects a developing mind.

• Teardrop likes this

#358 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,321 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:20 AM

I don't think you are capable of appreciating how an event like that affects a developing mind.

you are assuming it was a traumatic event at the time. i don't automatically assume that.  her boyfriend - at the time - said she never descried it as rape.

well over 10% of canadian girls have had sex by the time they turn 15.  i think most of them turn out fine.  

#359 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:59 AM

^Yeah, that's not it.

#360 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,321 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:10 AM

i'm open to having you explain it to me.

i would dare say that a very large portion of the over 10% of canadian girls that have sex before they turn 15 have it in less favourable circumstances than this single encounter was.  many in fact will suffer years of abuse at the hands of one or more offenders.  not one encounter.  and most of them will also turn out fine.

none of us were there and none of us knows what happened.  but i have lots of trouble believing this was the most devastating event of her childhood or young adulthood.  or the one that sent her on to other issues.  and the number one issue that still plagues her today 36 years later.   after she and a boyfriend of hers both tried unsuccessfully to settle a suit with arbitration.  even her own terrible legal team that did not even know the age of consent was 14 at the time of the incident urged her to settle when they realized their error.  

i'm not a fan of saying move on but i'm also much more interested in what she told friends at the time not what she told people years later if we are trying to get to the truth.  at least one other party to the day in question refuses to go in with her on this.  they want no part of it.

As for the third girl in the trio, Johnston reached out to her in 2018, asking if she could count on the woman’s support to corroborate her story. The friend’s reply was polite but firm. “I currently have things going on in my own life that are more pressing and needing my full mental and emotional space and I do not have the capacity to help you,” she wrote in an email reviewed by BuzzFeed News. She did not respond to multiple emails and a written letter seeking comment for this article.

and this is what johnson herself said days after the event:

She tried to define the encounter for herself: “It was a bad sexual experience, you know? That’s what it was. It was just a really bad first experience, and that’ll never happen again.”

then she decided to date one of the guys that was there in that hotel room:

Johnston had never really liked modeling, but threw herself into it, and began dating older guys.

One of them was Réal Andrews, whom she had first met back in Hutton’s entourage. They bumped into each other again on a photo shoot, and dated for a short while.

who recently said this:

Andrews’ new statement said he was “not aware that Ms. Johnston was ever in Mr. Hutton’s hotel room with Mr. Hutton” or that Hutton “ever had sex with her or did anything inappropriate to her.” As for the private investigator, “I told him that I do not remember Ms. Johnston being in Mr. Hutton’s hotel room.”

lastly.

why is the second man not named in the story?  he allegedly participated in the sexual act(s).  yet he was neither sued or reported to the police or named in the article even though the article talks about him both in terms of the act and in the part where another former boyfriend of johnson tried to arrange a payment from him.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 March 2020 - 08:30 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users