Hollywood news and related issues

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#321 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:14 AM

n a statement NDP leader Jagmeet Singh said the party has suspended Quebec MP Christine Moore, pending a review of allegations made against her.

“Yesterday, a member of the media from the CBC contacted my office regarding allegations made by a Mr. Glen Kirkland of inappropriate conduct by a member of our caucus, Christine Moore,” Singh said.

“I take these allegations very seriously and I will be appointing an independent investigator to conduct a fair and full examination.

“While that process is ongoing, Mme Moore’s duties as an NDP MP, including participation on any committee, will be temporarily suspended. Once the work of the investigator has been completed, Mme Moore’s role in caucus will be re-evaluated.”

A veteran of the war in Afghanistan, Kirkland accused Quebec MP Moore of inappropriate sexual behaviour, alleging she used her position of authority to take advantage of him.

http://nationalpost....uct-allegations
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#322 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:33 PM

What is interesting is that Christine Moore initiated the complaint againt Erin Weir last week and now she is the one being taken down. 

#323 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

What most Canadians outside the Hill don’t know is that it was also Moore who was behind the 2014 ruination of two Liberal MPs, Scott Andrews and Massimo Pacett

http://nationalpost....d-herself-to-be

• lanforod likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#324 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

No doubt some people put up a facade of supporting #MeToo while privately being abusive. If she's innocent though, I hope she doesn't end up like Brown. 

#325 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

NDP MP Christine Moore denies sexual misconduct, plans defamation lawsuit

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...wsuit-1.4661456

She is suing the guy, as well as CBC and National Post reporters.

#326 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:47 AM

Morgan Freeman accused of making comments about woman's clothing and appearance and touching them without permission.

One day after Translink announced to great fanfare that Mr. Freeman's voice was going to be used on their transit system, they have now scrapped that project.

https://www.cnn.com/...ions/index.html

Edited by spanky123, 24 May 2018 - 10:52 AM.

#327 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:18 AM

^ It's a VISA ad campaign to mark the new fare options (tap credit card or NFC enabled phone). Apparently Seth Rogen has thrown his name into the hat as a possible replacement.

#328 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD

MORE:

#329 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

We'll never see Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt accused credibly. Who would reject them?

#330 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

We'll never see Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt accused credibly. Who would reject them?

Who would file a complain against them? How about jilted lover, business partner who wants to take over, co-worker who wants their role, or random crazy person.

#331 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:51 AM

Who said they would reject them ,they could say they felt extreme pressure,forced .
It was a horrible traumatic experience .
Maybe they want money or fame .
Everyone regardless could be subject actuations .
I think a lot of people are walking on tip toes for real and imagined past indiscretions.

#332 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

The world is full of wealthy or famous perv's, it always has been ... what's new?

Nothing's going to change ... it'll just get covered up better as a result of more comprehensive non-disclosure agreements and larger advance payoffs.

The line does seem to be ever blurring though ... between complete and utter perv's like Weinstein, and normal outgoing guys who "like the ladies".

I'm glad I'm 60+, and don't have to deal with decades of not knowing what might get me sued, and what might get me married.

#333 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

I guess my point is that #metoo is about women not wanting advances from betas anymore. Only chads from now on.

#334 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:29 AM

I guess my point is that #metoo is about women not wanting advances from betas anymore. Only chads from now on.

Seriously?

#335 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

This #metoo movement was a long time coming.

I just hope the pendulum swings back towards center somewhat.

Example would be Liberal MP Celina Caesar-Chavannes calling Conservative MP Maxime Bernier sweetheart. The other around may have been a #metoo moment.

#336 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:08 AM

Freeman's camp going after CNN for defamation. If you go by Freeman's account, certainly sounds like a hit job.

https://www.msn.com/...ocid=spartanntp

#337 PraiseKek

PraiseKek
  • Validating
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

Seriously?

Has there been an attractive male #metoo'ed?

#338 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

Has there been an attractive male #metoo'ed?

Without knowing which males you find attractive, here's a non-comprehensive list of people who have been "#metoo'd" https://en.wikipedia...einstein_effect

• m3m likes this

#339 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

Roseanne, this year's most popular new show and already renewed for season 2, was cancelled today after Roseanne posted a tweet comparing a former Obama exec as a cross between the Muslim brotherhood and the planet of the apes. The show had come under attack earlier in the season for content that was favourable to Trump.

https://www.msn.com/...-president-says

#340 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Roseanne, this year's most popular new show and already renewed for season 2, was cancelled today after Roseanne posted a tweet comparing a former Obama exec as a cross between the Muslim brotherhood and the planet of the apes. The show had come under attack earlier in the season for content that was favourable to Trump.

https://www.msn.com/...-president-says

I'm guessing her boss had the trigger finger ready for a while... some of her other tweets included spreading Pizzagate and claiming Soros was actually a Nazi collaborator during WWII as a child.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users