Local road and highway development, conditions

• Please log in to reply
3745 replies to this topic

#2881 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:13 PM

I suspect we might actually see quite a bit of traffic at that intersection so controlling traffic flow makes the most sense, and especially so with the volume of pedestrians who will be crossing that intersection during events at the stadium.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2882 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:16 PM

I suspect a lot of illegal pedestrian crossing there too since Langford has decided to restrict pedestrian movements to the east side only, for some reason.

#2883 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 711 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:23 PM

I suspect a lot of illegal pedestrian crossing there too since Langford has decided to restrict pedestrian movements to the east side only, for some reason.

That's car centric planning for you.

#2884 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

I suspect we might actually see quite a bit of traffic at that intersection so controlling traffic flow makes the most sense, and especially so with the volume of pedestrians who will be crossing that intersection during events at the stadium.

I'm certainly excited about this change. Only a few months ago the only way to reach this area from the north was to come in from Jacklin onto Langford Parkway. Now, you can come in from Goldstream past the Y and now cut directly south on Leigh road...

Edit: Oops, got my parkways mixed up, thanks Mike

Edited by Danma, 06 March 2018 - 01:54 PM.

#2885 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

From Jacklin onto West Shore Parkway, or do you mean from Jacklin onto Langford Parkway?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2886 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:38 AM

Upgrades on admirals through the reserve are coming along nicely and actually looking pretty good. The treo landscape supply business appears to have disappeared overnight and is now an empty lot

#2887 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:11 PM

You’re kidding. Where did they go?

Know it all.

#2888 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

You’re kidding. Where did they go?

Website simply says the location is closed, call or email to discuss delivery options

#2889 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

So very, very odd. I'll put my feelers out there and try to dig up some info.

Know it all.

#2890 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

Offices-apartments-and-Glen-Lake-Rd-realignment-planned-as-part-of-Sooke-Rd-dev.jpg

An artist's rendering of Oakcrest Park Estate's proposal for a mixed-use development at Sooke, Glen Lake and Happy Valley roads. The project also encompass a realignment of Glen Lake Road that would see the artery connect with Happy Valley Road at Sooke Road.

Offices, apartments and Glen Lake Rd. realignment planned as part of Sooke Rd. dev
https://victoria.cit...f-sooke-rd-dev/

Big changes have been proposed at the nexus of Sooke, Glen Lake and Happy Valley roads in Langford.

Developer Oakcrest Park Estates is pursuing a mixed-use, high-density office, retail and residential development along the 2600 and 2700-blocks of Sooke Road that would yield three residential complexes, a commercial building and a realignment of Glen Lake Road.

All but two of Oakcrest’s holdings at 2682, 2684, 2686, 2696 and 2706 Sooke Road are currently vacant land. The duo of utilized parcels house a single commercial building per lot.

As part of the proposal, Glen Lake Road will be realigned to connect with Happy Valley Road at Sooke Road. A controlled four-way intersection would replace the current three-way intersection at Sooke Road and Happy Valley Road while doing away with Glen Lake Road’s uncontrolled connection to Sooke Road some 100 meters to the west. [Full article]

Know it all.

#2891 TallGuy

TallGuy
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:39 AM

I realize that this is a slow news day, but is there a need to post this in every second, semi-related thread?

#2892 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:42 AM

Oh, come on now.... the article is about offices, and about a major road change.  

And it's made by the owner of this forum.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2893 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:17 PM

What we really need is a system that can automatically cross post several posts into multiple threads that deal with the topics in the article. Now that'd be something!

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#2894 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:20 PM

Not sure if this is the correct thread but they're currently replacing the traffic lights at Douglas/Fort (I assume for the bike lanes) so there is some back ups going on there.

#2895 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

The day has come when we consider back-ups as normal traffic flow and additional back-ups ...as back-ups :(

Know it all.

#2896 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:37 PM

Bear Mountain Parkway to open Tuesday evening

https://www.bclocaln...uesday-evening/

The new roadway will open to traffic just after 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 10.

“Coupled with the Millstream overpass completion slated for later this month, the City [of Langford] expects improvements to the overall pedestrian and vehicle network.”

Attached Images

• bear mtn parkway.jpg

• lanforod and malahatdrive like this

#2897 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

So very, very odd. I'll put my feelers out there and try to dig up some info.

What happened is Trio spent money to improve the property on indian land and eventually the indian band said you haven't paid us any rent.  Trio's argument was we spent a lot of money improving the land and also providing jobs to the reserve on a first right of refusal so we aren't paying rent.  the band said get off our property then and hence the site was demolished.  That's what I was told by a reliable source.

All told Trio spent $2 million on construction and demo.  I doubt they made that selling soil and gravel in the short time they were there

#2898 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

Bear-Mountain-Parkway-opens-Tuesday-April-10-7pm-Langford-McCallums-Road.jpg
A 3.3-kilometre span of Langford's Bear Mountain Parkway will open to traffic at 7PM on Tuesday, April 10th. The new road will connect the Bear Mountain Resort's village centre with the Trans Canada Highway and will become the resort's primary access road.

$10.5 million Bear Mountain Parkway extension slated to open Tuesday at 7PM

https://victoria.cit...tuesday-at-7pm/

Know it all.

#2899 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:15 AM

Pothole crews are working in Downtown today so if you see one that hasn't been fixed, use that new app and call it in.

#2900 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,685 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:55 AM

Pothole crews are working in Downtown today so if you see one that hasn't been fixed, use that new app and call it in.

Meanwhile, along Vancouver Street in North Park, crews are installing some sort of pipe down the middle of the southbound lane, ensuring the already shoddy surface has even more patches.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users