Escher on Broughton
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 836-838 Broughton Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 10
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The 10-storey Escher on Broughton condo is comprised of 84-units of one-bedroom, two-bedroom and penthouse con... (view full profile)
Learn more about Escher on Broughton on Citified.ca
Photo

[Fairfield] Escher on Broughton | 10-storeys; 29.9m | Condos | Built - completed in 2017

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

#81 buildinglover

buildinglover
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

hmmm.  I'm on the fence.  The new renderings are better, but I'm interested to see what that yellow finish actually is.  It looks almost 'bamboo texture-ish'.

That cavernous front entry has the potential to be a security problem.  Also - what's the walkway to the right of the parkade entrance? A through-path to Fort?

#82 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

Did anyone get any photos of the sales centre? I have yet to check it out and am keen. Curious if the design has changed since the initial renderings. Also, I heard there was going to be quite a bit of customization with each unit. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#83 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

The website is suppose to be up and running later this week with more info.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#84 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

The renderings on the previous page represent the final design.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#85 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

They are doing renos on the Chard owned office building next door at the moment - putting in that 'wafer' column up the middle. It doesn't appear that they will be upgrading the windows like they did in the old ferries office on Fort.

#86 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

The website is up and running including the "customize your suite" section.

#87 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

Yeah I was hoping for something a little more radical than a pallet of trim choices. But I guess flexible floorplans is a bit hard on the builders. Any idea what their price point is on these?

#88 sasamat

sasamat
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Any idea what their price point is on these?

One Bedroom: 474 SF - 807 SF  $219,000 - $460,000
Two Bedrooms: 856 SF - 1,053 SF  $389,000 - $590,000
Penthouses: 998 SF - 1,350 SF  $649,000 - $899,000

They're also offering the first 25 buyers a discount on the purchase price ($10K, $15K and $20K, respectively).

http://www.eschervic...-and-pricing/#/

I want! Maybe it's time to stop being a renter...

Edited by sasamat, 05 August 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#89 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

That's a pretty snazzy website :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#90 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

That's a pretty snazzy website :)

One of the best condo pre-sale websites I've ever seen.

#91 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

So going by the website the sales centre is now open? Originally Chard had planned to only market the project but keep the sales centre closed until September.

Know it all.

#92 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

So going by the website the sales centre is now open? Originally Chard had planned to only market the project but keep the sales centre closed until September.

Ya, it's open, I ran into the sales team last night.  They told me that in pre-sale mode, they have no intention of marking individual prices on units.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#93 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

^? You mean they won't post the price list, but they will quote prices, won't they?

I stopped by yesterday at 12:15, and they weren't open, despite the sign claiming 12-5.  

#94 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

^? You mean they won't post the price list, but they will quote prices, won't they?

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant.  They will quote, but will not publish online.  They feel very confident that if people see the prices online, they will not visit the sales centre.  Now I'm not a marketing expert, but I am a marketing professional.  I really can't find any parallels that use this logic.  Canadian Tire does not put out a flyer with items, but no prices.  Neither does London Drugs.  But to move closer to the product here, nobody puts real estate re-sales online, without a price.  Now I suppose when a new car model is coming to market, we might see images of it online, and we don't know a price yet.  But that's likely as dealers have not set a price yet and you can't buy one yet.  It may well be true they get more people into the sales centre by this tactic, but I'm still curious if it actually results in more sales.  I guess that's hard to measure, the missed opportunities.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#95 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

Will competitors price comparable units $2,000 lower, or something?

The big question is, is this a localized issue or an industry standard?

Know it all.

#96 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

The big question is, is this a localized issue or an industry standard?

I suppose they could.  But then, would you discard it, not visit the Escher sales centre, over another location that is $2k cheaper?  I don't think anyone would.  You'd go visit, see what it's all about.  But I think most people would like to know - in advance - if these 4th-floor one bedrooms are $220k, or $340k.

• Nparker likes this

#97 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

Oh absolutely. It's a swardkcab sales technique in this day and age, forcing you to come in.

But it could also be a case where the developer wants as many potential buyers to come in without a realtor and then they're not on the hook for paying the realtor's fee. Do I have that right? Marko?

Know it all.

#98 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

swardkcab?

#99 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

See, exactly. It don't make much sense.

Know it all.

#100 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'm sure it just gives them more flexibility with the pricing.  If they up the prices, folks say "hey, just last week your website said $50k less".  If they lower the prices it doesn't make previous buyers as disgruntled.  Of course no one knows what anyone pays until they see the sale registered.  I can't imagine there isn't some bargaining room.  

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users