Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#5521 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 05:07 PM

Yeah same dude. Leaf cannabis then I think he changed to Platinum when he wanted to go legit.

#5522 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 08:31 PM

He tried to open a restaurant at well. Shipwreck I think. It certainly sunk and he bailed on a partially finished space by the mint. The old Taste of Europe I believe. One story I heard was that he wanted to build a cooler of pink Himalayan salt…
  • Matt R. likes this

#5523 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 08:53 PM

Oh yeah, that’s familiar.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5524 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 09:04 PM

He tried to open a restaurant at well. Shipwreck I think. It certainly sunk and he bailed on a partially finished space by the mint. The old Taste of Europe I believe. One story I heard was that he wanted to build a cooler of pink Himalayan salt…

Lol

Edited by Matt R., 06 January 2022 - 10:21 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#5525 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 06:39 PM

Hey drug people... :) the painkillers proscribed by RJH for my recent adventure there do nothing to alleviate the pain resulting in virtually no sleep at night going into my second week now..

Naturally as a consequence I am both very grumpy and virtually non functional during the day so the ever thoughtful Mrs ASE went out and bought me some CBD "peach" gummies (0 THC per unit) and some CBD redecan Gems tablets (.4mg THC per unit): my question very simply is one (gummie vs caplet) better than the other for the aforementioned pain relief or especially for aiding and inducing sleep?

Edited by AllseeingEye, 12 January 2022 - 06:39 PM.

#5526 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 08:16 PM

CBD/gummie- some people report mild pain relief and inflammatory relief (will not get you “high” and probably will not do much for sleep)

THC tablets- people report pain relief and definitely a sleep aid.

Some people report being more successful combining the two.

Hope that answers something
  • AllseeingEye and Matt R. like this

#5527 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 09:02 PM

CBD/gummie- some people report mild pain relief and inflammatory relief (will not get you “high” and probably will not do much for sleep)

THC tablets- people report pain relief and definitely a sleep aid.

Some people report being more successful combining the two.

Hope that answers something

Thanks Todd; fortunately one of my old skiing/fishing pals, who is very definitely experienced with "alternative pain relief" herbs, also advised the caplet route so I popped one and now I wait for about 3 hours and hopefully will hit la-la land about 11pm.

• todd likes this

#5528 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:01 AM

Hey drug people... :) the painkillers proscribed by RJH for my recent adventure there do nothing to alleviate the pain resulting in virtually no sleep at night going into my second week now..

Naturally as a consequence I am both very grumpy and virtually non functional during the day so the ever thoughtful Mrs ASE went out and bought me some CBD "peach" gummies (0 THC per unit) and some CBD redecan Gems tablets (.4mg THC per unit): my question very simply is one (gummie vs caplet) better than the other for the aforementioned pain relief or especially for aiding and inducing sleep?

Skip it and take 5mg or less thc. If you don’t remember what it’s like, take 2-3mg.

Cbd can be helpful too, I am told, but I find cbd works better used topically

Edited by Matt R., 13 January 2022 - 12:05 AM.

#5529 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:04 AM

Double post .

Edited by Matt R., 13 January 2022 - 12:04 AM.

• todd likes this

#5530 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,344 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 05:27 AM

Am I doing it right if the next morning I can’t remember what it’s like?
  • Matt R. likes this

#5531 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:26 AM

If you can’t remember last night, it’s just right….

#5532 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:32 AM

But where did I park my car?

#5533 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:45 AM

Am I doing it right if the next morning I can’t remember what it’s like?

Some people report if you’re tripping out too bad taking CBD helps level things out.
  • Matt R. likes this

#5534 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:59 AM

Meh one CBD caplet did nothing so tonight I'll give the peach gummies a shot I guess. I tend to be highly resistant to most forms of painkillers - not a great thing given my current circumstance - so guess I'll have to experiment. RJH proscribed a variant form of T3's called Lenoltec - which does less than nothing.

#5535 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:10 AM

Careful what you combine especially if you are taking antibiotics.

• Matt R. and todd like this

#5536 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:16 AM

Why not just smoke it, some people report better results from smoking it, also avoids the digestive system.

Edited by todd, 13 January 2022 - 08:19 AM.

#5537 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:27 AM

Why not just smoke it, some people report better results from smoking it, also avoids the digestive system.

Aside from all that crap that goes into your lungs, which is reason # 1, I don't like the smell of it either in the air or in my clothes/house and Mrs ASE likes it even less than me; can't recall the last time I smoked pot, don't think it was even in this century......

• Nparker, sebberry and Matt R. like this

#5538 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:34 AM

Have you considered a couple of glasses of Scotch instead. 

• Nparker, lanforod and todd like this

#5539 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:39 AM

I like Captain Morgan spiced with pineapple juice.

#5540 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:27 AM

Y'know not so long ago I would have sipped on some good scotch but over the last decade I've throttled way back on drinking at any level including casual social drinking; I had no alcohol over the holidays and the last thing I drank was a very cold Beck's beer on a fishing trip last July. I'm sitting at about 99.99998% non drinker today; couple of my closest buddies went completely dry over the last two years and I'm all but there myself now.

Guess I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do with all that good scotch sitting on my bar :) - including the bottles of Penderyn, Dalmore, Glennfiddich and Johnny Walker Blue (from Japan, rare stuff!) and Gold Label, lol......

• todd likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users