* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#5561 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 09:26 AM

I need gin for medicinal purposes and I want a government agency (or government funded agency) to pay for and supply it to me.

• todd likes this

#5562 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 10:49 AM

An indoor smoking room doesn't seem like the best way to treat cancer.

The truckers have set the stage for it
  • sebberry likes this

#5563 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 04:18 PM

I need gin for medicinal purposes and I want a government agency (or government funded agency) to pay for and supply it to me.

The PHS has that as well, you may be limited to beer or wine however. I’m sure you can get funding for a still.

#5564 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 06:36 PM

The PHS has that as well, you may be limited to beer or wine however. I’m sure you can get funding for a still.

Not for me, I want to buy the good stuff.

• Nparker likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#5565 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,997 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 12:59 PM

A group of Okanagan and Shuswap cannabis stores are suing the province over what they call a failure to enforce the Cannabis Control and Licensing Act and crack down on illicit retailers.

Filed in B.C. Supreme court in Victoria on April 27, the lawsuit claims the legal retailers are losing an average of $500,000 a year because unregulated pot shops on First Nations reserves are drawing revenue away from their businesses.

https://www.canadian...te-on-reserves/

The suit says the government has found there are 50 to 100 unlicensed pot shops on reserves, but adds that the number has grown significantly since that estimate. The plaintiffs claim the province is fully aware of the proliferation of illegal shops but have refused to take action.

“The defendants are aware of the continued, and growing, retail sales of cannabis on Indian Reserves in a manner that is circumventing and disregarding the prevailing legislative and regulatory regime in British Columbia for the retail sale of cannabis,” reads the notice of claim.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 April 2022 - 01:00 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#5566 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 01:04 PM

#wrongcanciliation

#5567 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 09:46 AM

A group of Okanagan and Shuswap cannabis stores are suing the province over what they call a failure to enforce the Cannabis Control and Licensing Act and crack down on illicit retailers.

I said here a the day the Province announced legalized that FN would take over the trade. Am I psychic, perhaps, but in reality I just looked at what happened with the "native smokes" trade in Ontario and Quebec and drew a line from A-B.

The net result is that the growers and retailers who followed the rules and invested in the business are done. Not only do hundreds of FN shops sell pot tax free, from what I understand, most (if not all) of them buy their pot from illegal FN grow ops as well. So the Government gets to pay to police the industry and deal with the social and medical issues while the windfall in taxes they forecasted will never materialize, and organized crime will continue to profit.

Now of course they want to legalize all drugs so that the success with pot can be repeated!

• Nparker, LJ, Dr. Barillas and 1 other like this

#5568 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 12:31 PM

I think we can all agree this is yet another sorry example of powerful and slyly manipulative First Nations interfering with the extremely noble efforts of big government and their political agents & corporate partners (in this instance, the extremely noble effort to inculcate as many Canadians as possible into lifestyles that are dominated by the regular consumption of narcotics).

Canada has such a long & shameful history in this regard, whereby devious and calculating First Nations take advantage of the idealistic naivete of big government and their political agents & corporate partners.

#5569 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 03:44 PM

The FN are taking advantage of politicians who choose not to enforce the law, I am sure that lots of other people would do the same if given the chance. 

The issue I have is the hoops and fees that legitimate, law abiding, businesses were forced to jump through only to be sold out by the Feds and Province.

• Nparker likes this

#5570 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:26 PM

#reCONNEDciliation

#5571 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 04:38 PM

Actor, farmer and cannabis advocate Jim Belushi will headline the Grow Up Conference and Expo during its first foray to the West Coast.

Coming to the Victoria Conference Centre June 20 to 22, the conference is expected to attract more than 3,000 industry experts, businesses and professionals to Victoria, where attendees will network with and learn from leaders in both cannabis and psychedelics.

https://www.canadian...ce-in-victoria/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 01 May 2022 - 04:38 PM.

#5572 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 03:31 AM

A standalone, purpose-built marijuana-growing building in Central Saanich has been sold for $2.1 million.

Details of who bought the property, which had been listed for sale at $2.5 million, have not been made available.

The 5,435-square-foot space on 2.71 acres of agricultural land at 6922 Lochside Dr. was built in 2014 for cannabis cultivation.

About $100,000 worth of cannabis-cultivation equipment remains on the site.

In 2020, building owner Phil Illingworth started trying to lease the space after a dispute with the building’s first and only tenant led to the ­building being vacated and Illingworth demanding the return of ­equipment.

The tenant, Evergreen Medicinal Supply, had its licence suspended by Health Canada in 2019 after an unannounced inspection of the facility resulted in “a number of ­critical observations and an overall ­non-compliant rating.”

https://www.timescol...million-5505321

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 22 June 2022 - 03:31 AM.

#5573 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 22 June 2022 - 07:38 AM

Raze it and build a house, with some big trees between the highway. Nice view. 

#5574 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 07:59 AM

It was operated by the Mitchell family, no?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5575 sukika

sukika
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 09:54 AM

Cannabis store opened at Tuscany Village yesterday, they have few other locations in BC: https://shopburb.com/

• todd likes this

#5576 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 06:02 AM

Alberta’s cannabis regulator will allow pot shops to take down window coverings after a spate of robberies.

Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (AGLC) says it has removed portions of its retail cannabis store handbook that prohibit pot products from being visible from the exterior of shops.

In a letter sent to retailers, the AGLC says the move was prompted by a “significant rise” in robberies at licensed pot retailers in recent months, in particular in the city of Calgary.

https://www.canadian...fter-robberies/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 August 2022 - 06:03 AM.

#5577 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 10:45 AM

A friend stocked up at the liquor store and cannabis shop in anticipation of any potential strikes. Private ones could even dry up if the distribution system is held.

Edited by todd, 14 August 2022 - 10:48 AM.

#5578 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 08:27 PM

Private stores will be out by next Monday.

#5579 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 08:42 PM

Private stores will be out by next Monday.

Faster people start hoarding. These type of posts aren’t helping.

#5580 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 09:22 PM

It’s weed. Just ask around. The black market is alive and well because government weed sucks… it’s not like it was hard to find when it was illegal.
  • Matt R. and Barrrister like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users