* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#5541 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 10:02 AM

Careful what you combine especially if you are taking antibiotics.

Agreed. Unfortunately there is very little peer reviewed, credible research into the benefits of pot or CBD with respect to pain management. Not saying it doesn't work but the data isn't there to indicate effective dosing and/or interactions with other drugs.

• Nparker likes this

#5542 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 02:05 PM

“Can Psychedelic Drugs Treat Physical Pain?“: https://www.scientif...-physical-pain/

#5543 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 02:19 PM

Thanks Todd; fortunately one of my old skiing/fishing pals, who is very definitely experienced with "alternative pain relief" herbs, also advised the caplet route so I popped one and now I wait for about 3 hours and hopefully will hit la-la land about 11pm.

Have you tried simple chamomile tea; two teabags, extra large cup, let steep at least five minutes, stir, leave in teabags.

#5544 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:04 PM

“Can Psychedelic Drugs Treat Physical Pain?“: https://www.scientif...-physical-pain/

No mention of peer reviewed trials on pot!

University profs want to do research on shrooms so they can get paid to do what they spend most of their days doing already!

• Nparker and Matt R. like this

#5545 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:06 PM

Have you tried simple chamomile tea; two teabags, extra large cup, let steep at least five minutes, stir, leave in teabags.

It usually takes me a mug of Sleepy Time tea (the one with the sleepy bear on the box), 6mg of Melatonin and a Benadryl to get me to sleep.  

• todd likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#5546 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:28 PM

It usually takes me a mug of Sleepy Time tea (the one with the sleepy bear on the box), 6mg of Melatonin and a Benadryl to get me to sleep.

“Sleepytime” tea:
DAEAAA81-CD4F-4AE8-8821-B3FF97EADA54.jpeg
https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B000E65OF6

I prefer just straight chamomile.
  • Matt R. likes this

#5547 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,489 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:01 PM

Hey drug people... :) the painkillers proscribed by RJH for my recent adventure there do nothing to alleviate the pain resulting in virtually no sleep at night going into my second week now..

Naturally as a consequence I am both very grumpy and virtually non functional during the day so the ever thoughtful Mrs ASE went out and bought me some CBD "peach" gummies (0 THC per unit) and some CBD redecan Gems tablets (.4mg THC per unit): my question very simply is one (gummie vs caplet) better than the other for the aforementioned pain relief or especially for aiding and inducing sleep?

I have direct experience with this. When I put my back out and descended into nerve pain hell I could NOT sleep. Sleeping pills only worked for maybe 4 hours one night. Then a bit the next then nothing but chewing wasps. Also was guzzling IBs. Not good. Doc wouldn't prescribe opiates (thankfully). So I got a WIDE selection of THC/CBD products after a friend that vowed to never partake again told me they got off the painkillers from their accident via the herb. I had discounted the notion of "medical marijuana" and hadn't smoked it for a decade. Smoking was problematic for me even with vaporizers. Lucky for me edibles were widely available. What truly saved me was an Indica brownie. No half life, no ill effects and I could finally sleep! Truly helped my path to recovery.  For me CBD alone didn't do it. It needed to be both. THC with CBD full spectrum Indica oil is probably what would help. at least a 1:1 THC to CBD. Not everyone responds the same but this really did help me sleep despite the mind bending pain I was in. 

• Mike K., AllseeingEye and Matt R. like this

#5548 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,602 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:04 PM

I have direct experience with this. When I put my back out and descended into nerve pain hell I could NOT sleep. Sleeping pills only worked for maybe 4 hours one night. Then a bit the next then nothing but chewing wasps. Also was guzzling IBs. Not good. Doc wouldn't prescribe opiates (thankfully). So I got a WIDE selection of THC/CBD products after a friend that vowed to never partake again told me they got off the painkillers from their accident via the herb. I had discounted the notion of "medical marijuana" and hadn't smoked it for a decade. Smoking was problematic for me even with vaporizers. Lucky for me edibles were widely available. What truly saved me was an Indica brownie. No half life, no ill effects and I could finally sleep! Truly helped my path to recovery.  For me CBD alone didn't do it. It needed to be both. THC with CBD full spectrum Indica oil is probably what would help. at least a 1:1 THC to CBD. Not everyone responds the same but this really did help me sleep despite the mind bending pain I was in. 

Good stuff thanks Dasmo.....

• todd likes this

#5549 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,020 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 06:03 AM

Victoria Cannabis Buyers Club fined $6.5 million, accused of illegally selling cannabis

Province's fine follows an inspection in May 2019 and two raids, in November 2019 and July 2020

The club is preparing to file several court applications and is seeking an injunction. A GoFundMe campaign has been started to raise $50,000 to help the club pay for legal expenses.

Smith didn’t realize on first read that he was also being fined $3.2 million.

“It was kind of funny because I found out earlier in the day the fines had come through. We happened to have a board meeting that very same day and I was reading it to the board and I said ‘Wait a minute, I have my own $3.2 million fine,’ ” he laughed. “Ironically, it doesn’t upset us more because whether it’s $3.2 million or $6.5 million, it’s just a ridiculous number we’re not paying anyway. It just made what the government is doing that much more outrageous. They are the ones that are going to look foolish here.”

Smith believes the Community Safety Unit wants to make an example out of him.

“I sort of joke that they must have read the letter of support from the mayor and decided to double-down on me. Because it’s just bizarre. I don’t think they’ve done that in any other circumstance,” said Smith.

https://www.timescol...annabis-5047794

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 10 February 2022 - 06:04 AM.

#5550 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 12:11 PM

$70 raised so far.

• Nparker and sebberry like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5551 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,020 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 09:51 AM

In the City of Vancouver, buying magic mushrooms, in at least one case, can be as easy as ordering your morning cup of coffee.

In a development reminiscent of its first unlicensed pot cafés, the city has seen a recent shroom boom with at least four new dispensaries openly setting up shop: two in downtown Vancouver, one on Commercial Drive and another on the Downtown Eastside.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...ouver-1.6385792

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 March 2022 - 09:52 AM.

#5552 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,740 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 10:53 AM

And we wonder why there is an overdose crisis.  :whyme:

#5553 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 04:36 PM

And we wonder why there is an overdose crisis.  :whyme:

Sleepytime tea, eh

#5554 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 02:19 PM

I am “10,420” posts today

:banana:

2EE6BE2D-DDF8-4B9C-9EE4-021290D1B529.jpeg

Edited by todd, 24 March 2022 - 02:22 PM.

• Hotel Mike and todd like this

#5555 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,740 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 03:07 PM

Too bad you didn't reach this milestone 4 weeks from now.

• todd likes this

#5556 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,020 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 05:05 AM

The Victoria Cannabis Buyers Club Society, under threats of shutdown and facing millions of dollars in fines, is opening its indoor smoking room today.

Ted Smith, founder of the non-profit dispensary, said the 10-seat room on Johnson Street known as “the box” will ­reopen to members due to the easing of COVID-19 restrictions.

“It will the happiest room in Greater Victoria,” Smith said Thursday.

The club says it has more than 8,500 members who use cannabis products — usually in doses higher than federal regulations permit — to treat medical conditions ranging from anxiety to cancer. It has been established since 1996.

Smith said because of pandemic shutdowns and laws that prohibit smoking indoors, ­members have been without a safe place to “take their medicine.”

“They’ve been on the street or in their backyards out in the weather with no place to consume — and most of them are alone,” said Smith. “What we provide is a safe place and a place to gather with friends.”

https://www.timescol...-lounge-5245382

#5557 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,740 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 06:03 AM

An indoor smoking room doesn't seem like the best way to treat cancer.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#5558 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 08:29 AM

The PHS will be “prescribing” powdered, medical grade fentanyl. Seems like 10 people smoking pot in a room is pretty small potatoes.
  • todd likes this

#5559 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,740 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 08:55 AM

If I declare that I am an alcoholic, will the LDB prescribe me free gin? I'll supply my own tonic.

#5560 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 09:09 AM

There are these sorts of clubs as well, yes.
  • todd likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users