BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#181 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Marko, what's your take on how quickly these are going to sell?  My impression is they are going to be very successful in pre-sales as the queues for many of the units are deep.

#182 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

Victorians don't like highrise buildings so I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. Foreign buyers?

• sebberry likes this

#183 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:30 PM

Victorians don't like highrise buildings so I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. Foreign buyers?

The queues are full of Victorians making sure they get the lower floors. 

• aastra, Gary H and jeffifah like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#184 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

Marko, what's your take on how quickly these are going to sell?  My impression is they are going to be very successful in pre-sales as the queues for many of the units are deep.

Today was busy with a lot of $ volume across the table (more desirable two bedroom units moving).  The floor plan I really wanted was already gone by the time my turn came up, but I ended up with option B on the 14th floor with two full size side by side parking spots so I am happy with that.  

I saw a few faces from the Bayview, a few faces from the Promontory, and a number of Vancouverites were in attendance.

The launch would probably be deemed a failure by Vancouver standards, but other than the Janion probably the second busiest launch on record in Victoria? And probably the highest $ gross launch ever would be my guess.

Edited by MarkoJ, 27 September 2015 - 02:07 PM.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#185 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

Nice!  But I thought they weren't selling 14-17 yet - and two parking spots, side by side no less.  Might you have pulled a "do you know who I am", possibly in conjunction with a "you see this checkbook, I'm about to write down a very large number made out to Bosa".  Well off course Mr Juras, you were our top Promontory sales agent, for you we'll open up our estate floors early, and would you like another parking spot to go with your purchase? :D 

#186 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:43 PM

The true "estate" units were not on sale but they had a few units on 14th/15th floor that flowed up from the 3rd to 15th tower floor. The true 2,000 sqft "estate" plans will be released at a later date.

#187 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:06 AM

How many sold, Marko?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#188 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:05 AM

^^ Oh wait, did you go for the 04 unit ('E' equivalent)?  If so I take back my comment about writing a BIG number.  :lol:

I personally like the B11 plan on the 14th floor, and since it's a transition floor you get that extra SE exposure balcony on top of the 13th floor.  But, that unit requires an '8' with lots of zeros after it.

It's the same location as this rendering (which looks to be about the 8th or 9th floor) but higher.

ENC_Image_Interiors_Render2.jpg

Edited by Gary H, 27 September 2015 - 09:22 AM.

#189 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:55 AM

Around 45 I think

#190 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:45 AM

I also heard the entire podium of one bedrooms sold out.

#191 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:55 PM

The launch would probably be deemed a failure by Vancouver standards, but other than the Janion probably the second busiest launch on record in Victoria? And probably the highest $ gross launch ever would be my guess.

What % of units sold would be a success in Vancouver and Victoria? Curious what a developer would be looking for at launch.

#192 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

What % of units sold would be a success in Vancouver and Victoria? Curious what a developer would be looking for at launch.

Considering Bosa has sold out bigger buildings on launch day in Vancouver, 45/134 = 33.35% is probably lacking a bit by Vancouver standards but pretty good for Victoria.  The Era hit completion at less than 50% sold.

#193 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

Today was busy with a lot of $ volume across the table (more desirable two bedroom units moving).  The floor plan I really wanted was already gone by the time my turn came up, but I ended up with option B on the 14th floor with two full size side by side parking spots so I am happy with that.  

I saw a few faces from the Bayview, a few faces from the Promontory, and a number of Vancouverites were in attendance.

If the Janion was the second busiest launch on record what was he busiest?

#194 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

Bear Mountain was crazy. They had a near or total sell out of at least one condo building, if memory serves correct.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#195 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

If the Janion was the second busiest launch on record what was he busiest?

Bad grammar on my part...I meant to say the Encore was the second busiest launch after the Janion (1st).

#196 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:18 AM

Bear Mountain was crazy. They had a near or total sell out of at least one condo building, if memory serves correct.

Yes, totally forgot about Bear Mountain.

#197 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:04 AM

Marko did the unit you purchased follow your general rules you outlined in other threads?

#198 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:33 AM

Marko-Jurask-at-Encore-showroom.jpg

Bosa unveils spectacular views and exceptional value with Encore

By Marko Juras

http://victoria.citi...ue-with-encore/

Bosa Properties' 21-storey Promontory at Bayview Place condo tower was one of the decade's best received condo projects in Victoria. Perched high above its surroundings on a natural outcrop in the Vic West neighbourhood, Promontory afforded buyers an opportunity to secure unimpeded 360 degree views towards downtown Victoria, the Straight of Juan de Fuca, the Gorge Waterway and the Sooke Hills.

Following on that success is Bosa's latest Victoria offering, Encore at Bayview Place, the Promontory tower's smaller sibling situated immediately to the south of its big brother. The 17-storey concrete highrise features 134 residences with arguably some of the most stunning views from any condo development in Victoria's urban core.

The exterior of Encore is strikingly similar to the Promontory. Brick accentuates the otherwise glassy design that affords unrivalled views with an abundance of natural lighting. Other than the height the biggest physical difference between the two projects is Encore's inclusion of a five storey lowrise component connected by a two level row of townhomes east of the tower, plus a swimming pool as a resident amenity. [Full article]

• 2F2R likes this

Know it all.

#199 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

Marko did the unit you purchased follow your general rules you outlined in other threads?

Your question is answered in Marko's article, mine too - he didn't need to write quite so big a number.  :)

#200 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:54 AM

Yes and no.  It followed most of the rules (buy smallest available unit in quality building, etc.) but broke the "don't go for the view" rule.  I wouldn't have gone for the view but all the 14th and 15th floor units include two parking spots and I figure parking is going to be become a lot tighter with the gravel parking lot gone.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users