- - - - -

Canadian Tire stores in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#341 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

If they know where my is location in the store can we not get a ring for service button on the CT app?

#342 Layne French

Layne French
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

Shoplift something, you will get help right away.

haha yeah i suppose, not really worth the $2.99 for the product I needed tho  :D  . My only problem with this is that(I'm fully aware of how bad it is getting these days, most big box stores don't care about product knowledge or experience) although i found what i needed, there is no one with any product knowledge. 

• Nparker likes this

#343 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,407 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

...although i found what i needed, there is no one with any product knowledge. 

I suppose this is what you get with mostly minimum wage staff.

• http likes this

#344 Layne French

Layne French
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

I suppose this is what you get with mostly minimum wage staff.

It sure is... or the decline of the career individual in those sectors which in part is a function of wage by i digress. These days it is seen as a step towards something else and looked down on highly to remain in the retail job long enough to gain strong product knowledge. 

I once was interviewing for a position at a specialty retailer dealing with only Ford Mustang parts. It was refreshing to see them state to me "it takes minimum 2 years for you to learn the product, we don't want you coming and leaving". I didn't get the position because I had a BA and they were concerned I wasn't in it for the long haul. 

• Nparker and http like this

#345 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

Hillside CT

20170430_1934321.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#346 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

Somehow that does not look safe....

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#347 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Maybe a couple stanchions in front?

#348 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,407 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:22 PM

Empty boxes, glued together?

• shoeflack likes this

#349 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

Hopefully. Because if someone removes a load bearing case..

....

• Nparker likes this

#350 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

Was there yesterday and my kids started touching it and I had to tell them that if that fell on them it would not be good.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#351 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:30 PM

Was there yesterday and my kids started touching it and I had to tell them that if that fell on them it would not be good.

For them.  But the lawsuit might be decent.

• G-Man, sebberry and todd like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#352 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

The new Canadian Tire Auto Centre is fully open in Gordon Head, and it’s like the old neighbourhood garage never left.

(That’s because part of it didn’t.)

The auto service bays and employees remained on site and open following the Gordon Head retail store’s closure in September.

And now that the retail side of the Canadian Tire Auto Centre (between Shelbourne Street and Cedar Hill Road) is open too, the staff has gone up to 14. Visitors will note the front door is a few metres closer to the Cedar Hill Road side of the building and that the store is down to 9,200 square-feet, or one third of the original 1982-built store.

http://www.saanichne...-canadian-tire/

• Nparker likes this

#353 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

Now they can fix the self-checkouts at the Hillside store?  They've been closed every time I've been in there for months.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#354 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

Now they can fix the self-checkouts at the Hillside store?  They've been closed every time I've been in there for months.

Used the self-checkout today,  however could not get my item to scan it was too large to get the barcode close enough, employee eventually saw me struggling and came over with they're gun and put me out of my misery, how come they don't have a barcode scanner gun as part of the individual self-checkout machines??

Edited by todd, 05 May 2017 - 08:26 PM.

#355 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

Huh, interesting.  Every time I've been there they've had that side of the exit aisle blocked off.  Today it was open, but all the checkouts displayed "Closed" on the screen.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#356 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

I make a point of not using self check outs. It's a social thing for me.

Where is the employee going to work when a self checkout is the only option left?

I watched the Scotiabank at Hillside and Douglas have a different employee every day for a year standing in the lobby with an ipad stopping customers and showing them the profound benefits of self banking. 

The branch is closing it's doors next month.

• Nparker and kafkaesque like this

#357 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

I agree. You want me to be an employee and check myself out, give me an employee discount.
  • Nparker and kafkaesque like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#358 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

Where is the employee going to work when a self checkout is the only option left?

I see the problem but you just can't keep people around/pay people for no reason world needs to evolve(like a paycheck bot?), I use the self-checkout because it is faster time in and time out(I've got superman POS skills from working POS jobs) unfortunately the humans are going to have to work faster if they're going to compete with the machines.

Mind you as I pointed out in my last experience it was a joint machine/human assistance.

#359 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

^ I agree, but I am making a dedicated effort to delay the enevitable until I have left the globe.
  • Nparker and todd like this

#360 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:13 AM

^ I agree, but I am making a dedicated effort to delay the enevitable until I have left the globe.

You don't want a paycheck bot?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users