Victoria gas prices | Victoria utility prices

• Please log in to reply
2163 replies to this topic

#1801 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 09:14 AM

We’re not running out of gas, luckily. We have tons of it, relatively speaking. You just have to take opportunities to fill up* (*to your maximum quota, chill) when you can.

You really don’t want to end up pulling into the station on fumes, or waste a lot of time sitting on a roadway blocking Capital Bike’s cyclists who are waiting for opportunities to publicly shame you because you blocked their bike lane turning into a gas station during a state of emergency.
  • Nparker and Love the rock like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1802 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 09:18 AM

...Work from home..

That's what the BC Public Service has been told to do (where possible) until at least the end of November.

...In response to this order, the BC Public Service will delay the implementation of telework agreements scheduled for this coming Monday. Employees who are able to work from home can continue to do so on a full-time basis where operationally feasible. Those employees who need to be in the workplace are encouraged to minimize vehicle use where possible, whether through carpooling or using public transit. The measures announced today are in effect until December 1, and so we will plan to resume the implementation of telework agreements at that time...

#1803 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 09:50 AM

Costco has adjusted prices down to pre-storm prices. Looks like for now, at least, demand is matching supply.
  • Nparker and Barrrister like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1804 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 10:25 AM

My truck has a 150L tank and a 7.3L Diesel engine. 30L isnt going to last me long… good thing it’s a light week ahead. That job is Sidney will just have to wait.

Edited by Klapecki, 20 November 2021 - 10:26 AM.

#1805 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,280 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 12:08 PM

Long lines of vehicles were seen snaking out of gas stations on Friday evening after British Columbia officials announced fuel restrictions for non-essential travellers in areas of the province affected by heavy rains and damaging floods.

Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth said residents who are not essential workers are limited to buying 30 litres of fuel each time they visit a gas station, as the government looks to truck or barge gas in from as far away as California.

Farnworth said he's relying on the good judgment of residents to ensure the province doesn't run out of fuel.

But drivers flocked to gas stations on Friday following the announcement, with some saying the restrictions are an inconvenience and others expressing understanding that the limits are necessary.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...ov-20-1.6256871

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 November 2021 - 12:08 PM.

#1806 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,280 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 12:11 PM

https://tracker.gasb....07888430015399

#1807 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:22 PM

In the event you actually do need gas the Esso at Admirals and Craigflower is quite reasonable, I was in and out in about 15 minutes and unlike the utter ass-hattery behaviour I witnessed at a PetroCan earlier this morning @ Craigflower and Tillicum, people @ the Admirals Esso were well behaved and polite, if not actually cheerful.

#1808 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:46 PM

An EV does not need gas. If the electric grid is down you would not be able to pump gas either.

#1809 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:08 PM

An EV does not need gas. If the electric grid is down you would not be able to pump gas either.

Siphon.

#1810 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:23 PM

Salt spring co op station is now set to $50 max at the pump.

Matt.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#1811 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 04:49 AM

there has been a new facebook group set up to help with gas updates (hope it's ok to share the link https://www.facebook...927779340848595 i'm not connected to it in any way other then being a member of it) it's fairly active... it's nice to see more and more stations getting supply and having supply and reading short lines.. i was able to get gas this afternoon less then a 10 min wait, all people were great about waiting seemed to be getting their reasonable limit (30L approx $50 worth) for the average driver it's a reasonable amount could probably get away with filling up weekly at that...

the nice thing is that if you do need to fill up more often is there are now stations with gas that you CAN go to (and have a very short line) vrs driving around passing a dozen stations all without fuel or a huge 20+ minute line..

#1812 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 06:50 AM

In the event you actually do need gas the Esso at Admirals and Craigflower is quite reasonable, I was in and out in about 15 minutes and unlike the utter ass-hattery behaviour I witnessed at a PetroCan earlier this morning @ Craigflower and Tillicum, people @ the Admirals Esso were well behaved and polite, if not actually cheerful.

Most gas station attendants probably aren’t too well trained in controlling a stampede of Victorians. Probably only came to the realization a couple days ago that controlling hoarding/rationing in an emergency is part of their job. Might be a little frustrated

#1813 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 08:09 AM

Salt spring co op station is now set to $50 max at the pump.

Matt.

What if you need premium?

Know it all.

#1814 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 10:47 AM

could just buy a bunch of cans of octane booster they usually carry inside, but think you would need a lot

#1815 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 02:00 PM

Then you get $50 worth I guess.

#1816 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 08:00 PM

But that’s less than 30 litres.

I’m sure the stations with dollar limits, not litre limits, will figure things out and switch over.
  • sebberry and Matt R. like this

Know it all.

#1817 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 08:07 PM

I’m sure the stations with dollar limits, not litre limits, will figure things out and switch over.

If their software allows for it.

#1818 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 10:37 PM

Yup, you got that right too. You’re on a streak!

#1819 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 11:27 AM

Hopefully by the end of the week things will be closer to normal. Traffic is moving on the Malahat and that at least is some good news.

Edited by Barrrister, 22 November 2021 - 11:29 AM.

#1820 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 November 2021 - 01:37 PM

Hopefully by the end of the week things will be closer to normal. Traffic is moving on the Malahat and that at least is some good news.

Let's hope Trans Mountain doesn't get attacked by Mr. Suzuki and friends before it's back online.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users