Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:57 PM

Tesla owners are horrible!

Jerk-face Tesla owner parks on stranger’s lawn, steals power for 12 hours

Edited by phx, 29 July 2019 - 07:58 PM.

#4222 On the Level

On the Level
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:28 PM

Stone Masons dragged an extension cord onto my property and plugged it onto my house to build a massive retaining wall for the development beside me.  After many days of unsuccessfully asking them not to feed multiple crews my power, I turned off the breaker to my outside receptacles.  That resulted in them coming down to my yard on their last day and using my hose to clean their cement equipment onto my patio.

I blame Tesla.

#4223 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 49,243 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:23 AM

Another minor Tesla crash, another ensuing inferno.

https://youtu.be/Qm9A1GBdW-c

Is that what happens when you switch “fart mode” (yes, that’s an actual setting) to high?

Meanwhile Nio saw lacklustre sales in July after the company revealed it engaged in a voluntary recall associated with its batteries.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4224 rjag

rjag
  • 5,109 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:14 AM

Automakers may have completely overestimated how many people want electric cars

https://qz.com/15339...c-cars-by-2030/

David Keith, an engineer and professor at the MIT Sloan School of Management, says it’s possible the appeal of EVs won’t spread fast enough beyond “techies and greenies” who fueled the early days of the market. “Arguably, for most consumers in the US today, there’s not a problem that an EV solves for them,” says Keith. He predicted EVs could struggle to break 5% of the US market in the near future.

"Deloitte’s analysis points to two factors in accelerating BEV uptake: growing consumer demand for greener vehicles, coupled with government policies that offer financial incentives while placing inner-city restrictions for gasoline and diesel vehicles.While upfront purchasing costs of EVs remain the biggest barrier for consumers, the research reveals how, as technology improves, this and other consumer concerns will gradually ease over time. Deloitte predicts that by 2024, the cost to own a BEV will be on par with that of a petrol or diesel vehicle, which could boost demand further."

Michael Woodward, UK automotive partner at Deloitte, said:

“In 2018, we saw global EV sales surpass two million units for the first time; twice those sold in 2017. In the UK, the cost of petrol and diesel vehicle ownership will converge with electric over the next five years. Supported by existing government subsidies and technology advances, this tipping point could be reached as early as 2021. From this point, cost will no longer be a barrier to purchase, and owning an EV will become a realistic, viable option for new buyers.”

Oversupply

Especially interesting is however this notion of oversupply. Deloitte thinks that in about 10 years, we will see a big oversupply of EV, as there will be more production capacity than demand and too many manufacturers.

"A global oversupply of 14 million vehicles is expected as manufacturers’ investment in capacity outpaces demand by 2030."

Edited by rjag, 12 August 2019 - 09:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users