Electric and autonomous cars in Victoria and on Vancouver Island

• Please log in to reply
11599 replies to this topic

#8021 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,083 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 03:54 AM

With rumors of the “Highland” Model 3 design refresh swirling and the company’s fiscal Q2 about to close, Tesla is now offering a large cash incentive to Model 3 buyers. Model 3s in inventory at local Tesla stores in the United States have dropped to a new low of $37,830 for the Long Range RWD trim ($2,410 below the cost of a custom order). Tesla also recently announced that all versions of Model 3 and Model Y cars sold in the United States qualify for the full $7,500 federal tax credit. This brings the net cost of a Tesla Model 3 Long Range Rear Wheel Drive electric car for most US buyers down to just over $30,000 before taxes and destination fees

https://cleantechnic...ore-tax-credit/

#8022 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 08:32 AM

$232.06. What’s going on?

#8023 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 10:10 AM

$232.06. What’s going on?

lECzssU.png

• Matt R. and lanforod like this

#8024 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:02 AM

They hired a graphics guys to run chatGPI?
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8025 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:14 AM

ChatGPT. That's for words not graphics. 

#8026 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:14 AM

$400

#8027 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:17 AM

This is ChatGPT

Tesla shares are projected to reach $400 due to the future sales of robots. The potential increase in Tesla's valuation can be attributed to the company's foray into various ventures beyond electric vehicles, such as robots and artificial intelligence (AI). While some analysts have criticized Elon Musk's ambitious plans and considered them distractions from Tesla's core business, others see significant opportunities for growth.

One factor supporting the positive outlook for Tesla shares is the estimated $800 billion market opportunity presented by AI over the next decade [2]. As AI technology continues to advance, Tesla can leverage it to improve its full self-driving service, enhancing performance optimization and redundancy. Additionally, AI can contribute to further enhancements in Tesla's robotics systems, potentially optimizing the company's supply chain and reducing costs. Tesla's custom supercomputing platform, Dojo, can also benefit from AI, allowing for faster training model iterations and supporting the development of advanced self-driving capabilities [2].

Another significant factor that could propel Tesla's valuation is the projected growth of the delivery robot market, estimated to reach $1 trillion by 2030 [3]. Ark Invest, led by Cathie Wood, sees Tesla well-positioned to expand into this market, given Elon Musk's comments about "mind-blowing" products and the potential for Tesla's autonomous ride-hail vehicles to generate significant recurring cash flows. Ark's research suggests that each autonomous ride-hail vehicle from Tesla could generate approximately $20,000 annually, contributing to the company's future growth and share price appreciation [3].

While there are differing opinions on Tesla's various ventures and their impact on the company's valuation, the potential sales of robots and the utilization of AI technology present significant opportunities for Tesla's future growth. These factors, combined with Tesla's continued advancements in electric vehicles and its established market presence, could contribute to a positive outlook for Tesla shares, with a potential increase in valuation to $400 [2][3].

#8028 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:21 AM

So as you invest in Tesla and dream up ways its robots will make you more money, we’re supposed to take your (dare I say reptilian) tears over Oak Bay’s housing policy of no housing seriously? 🫣

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8029 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:28 AM

You asked. I am simply showing you. Their manufacturing infrastructure is insane. They own and design their own AI software. They are on the edge of manufacturing "consumer" robots using these two elements that no other company on earth has forged. It is what it is. It isn't my dream. Here in Canada we would be better of to be supporting this kind of thing VS endless real estate growth and trying to shoe horn that into built out neighbourhoods... 

• Matt R. likes this

#8030 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:29 AM

Vaporware luxury EV companies are nothing compared to that setup. 

$400 easy. 

#8031 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:32 AM

So as you invest in Tesla and dream up ways its robots will make you more money, we’re supposed to take your (dare I say reptilian) tears over Oak Bay’s housing policy of no housing seriously?

I am not crying over Oak Bay's housing policies. I am pointing out the government using an administrative tool that has no legal backing to fool the public into doing things they don't have to, and that they shouldn't because it gives them power. In this case an un-elected premier of the province. 

#8032 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:33 AM

$450
  • Matt R. and dasmo like this

#8033 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:38 AM

So as you invest in Tesla and dream up ways its robots will make you more money, we’re supposed to take your (dare I say reptilian) tears over Oak Bay’s housing policy of no housing seriously?

7eXM8iU.png

#8034 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:47 AM

I am not crying over Oak Bay's housing policies. I am pointing out the government using an administrative tool that has no legal backing to fool the public into doing things they don't have to, and that they shouldn't because it gives them power. In this case an un-elected premier of the province.

Oh Lordy.

Under what authority is Musk delivering robots on our society, or unleashing his autonomous driving technology with society as the test subject?

You can play these conspiracy games all day long.

Know it all.

#8035 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:49 AM

You’re the one that mixed Oak Bay into this thread.

#8036 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:53 AM

I had to, to point out the double standards.

Sure, unleash private robots onto society, but don’t you dare suggest a community has to provide housing, that it has asked for.

Know it all.

#8037 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,083 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:56 AM

I’d pay extra for some crazy humanoid robots roaming Oak Bay. Disrupting the Tinto Rocks for example.
  • Matt R. likes this

#8038 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 11:59 AM

I’d pay extra for some crazy humanoid robots roaming Oak Bay. Disrupting the Tinto Rocks for example.

That should be mandated by the government! 

#8039 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,504 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 12:06 PM

And what did I say about the housing order that is conspiracy? Was Eby elected as Premier? Was the order signed by the LG? Is there an Act detailing the legal authority of an Order in Council?

#8040 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 12:11 PM

We don’t elect premiers, though, so your reasoning is flawed.

It’s easy to come to a conclusion but it’s not easy to define the process or understand it.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users