UNDER CONSTRUCTION
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: 102 (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: now selling
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
2265 replies to this topic

#2261 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 238 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Anyone have an idea as to the type of equipment going into the gym?

Last I heard, which was a couple weeks ago, was no equipment was sourced yet and one possibility might be to let residents have a say on which equipment to get, and could be a topic of discussion at first strata mtg on the 21st. There might be a more fresh update out there though.
  • Mike K. and Moxuz like this

#2262 Wadeowner

Wadeowner
  • 20 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:07 PM

Does anyone know whether changing the individual unit door locks is allowed? It is probably an issue for strata debate.

Edited by Wadeowner, Yesterday, 06:07 PM.

#2263 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 22,636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:09 PM

Does anyone know whether changing the individual unit door locks is allowed? It is probably an issue for strata debate.

i think this is completely legal.

you are not required to ever give access to your unit except on an emergency basis or scheduled event (fire system check etc.)    so there is no requirement for anyone else to have keys.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, Yesterday, 06:12 PM.

#2264 Wadeowner

Wadeowner
  • 20 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:13 PM

I think it should be allowed but if I say put one of those keyless or electronic locks then I don't know if it will somehow run me afoul of some vague building rule about affecting the aesthetics or uniformity of the building.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#2265 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 22,636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:17 PM

I think it should be allowed but if I say put one of those keyless or electronic locks then I don't know if it will somehow run me afoul of some vague building rule about affecting the aesthetics or uniformity of the building.

i think technically you might be right.  but nobody is going to fight that battle as long as it looks proper/professional.  

Edited by Victoria Watcher, Yesterday, 06:18 PM.

#2266 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 63,225 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:58 PM

The building manager does not even have a copy of the door keys (there’s no master, either).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users