Photo

[Marine] BC Ferries

• Please log in to reply
4605 replies to this topic

#4601 todd

todd
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:26 AM

Rode the Clipper recently for a Seattle boys weekend. $7.25 USD for a can of beer.

If was a tough credit card statement to view after buying three rounds of six over the course of the trip, knowing that every can bought was equivalent to a six pack at the store. Those 18 cans on the Clipper could have netted us a couple of kegs back on land.

So ya, I'm on board with limiting us idiots who walk on to a ferry and think it's a great idea to buy multiple rounds on-board.

Can you open your duty-free bottle before you get ashore? Got a bigger bottle of duty-free smirnoff last time I was on the coho about $16.00usd(on sale)

#4602 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:34 AM

Can you open your duty-free bottle before you get ashore? Got a bigger bottle of duty-free smirnoff last time I was on the coho about $16.00usd(on sale)

I don't believe so. They don't give you your duty-free purchase until about 15 minutes left in the sailing anyways.

• Mike K. likes this

#4603 LJ

LJ
  • 9,035 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:42 PM

I went down to Seattle recently for the Blue Jays at the Mariners. Had forgotten how much beer costs inside the park - a pint (I think) ran $13.5 USD. Could have gotten the same drink in a pub for half that price!

Half of the Arizona Coyotes mid week games are $1 beer nights. That gets bums in the seats.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#4604 FogPub

FogPub
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:16 AM

Half of the Arizona Coyotes mid week games are $1 beer nights. That gets bums in the seats.

If the Canucks did this it'd be far more attractive to hit a game or two each season...

#4605 lanforod

lanforod
  • 7,170 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:36 PM

The Canucks have no need to do it. The Yotes need incentives to get bums in seats, and that's with far lower ticket prices too.

#4606 FogPub

FogPub
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:15 PM

The Canucks have no need to do it. The Yotes need incentives to get bums in seats, and that's with far lower ticket prices too.

I know.  I was being - though hopeful - facetious. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users