[Marine] BC Ferries

• Please log in to reply
6287 replies to this topic

#41 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:22 PM

The $7 coffee/cookie/newspaper buffet is now $10 (I can't remember if they charge tax on top or not).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#42 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:32 PM

I'm thinking about taking my wailing kid into the lounge next time I'm on the ferry just to annoy West and the gang. :lol:

#43 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

The $7 coffee/cookie/newspaper buffet is now $10 (I can't remember if they charge tax on top or not).

Well, whatever. I eat two blocks worth of cheese valued at well over $16 when I go there. The newspaper and cake is a bonus. I think they have apples too.

With Starbucks Coffee, tea, juices, tasty pastries, a choice of newspapers and magazines and a quiet place to work or relax, for one all-inclusive price of $10.00 per person.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#44 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

Ooh, I like a tasty pastry.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#45 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:38 AM

Try talking the ferry after christmas vacation or Thanksgiving weekend. I have sat on the floor numerous times. Damn college kids!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#46 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

Stooopid. As if Bin Laden is plotting his mastermind attack on the Queen of Surrey. If he's alive he's laughing at our chicken-little attitude.

This "security" check will only annoy the drug traffickers that use the ferry every day. Yeah, more jittery armed drug dealers--that makes me feel "secure".

Nah, Bin Laden is having tea and crumpets with good ol George Bush at the White House.

All of these security crap, in the US, Canada, Britain is all based on fear. Those in charge know that the majority of the population are ignorant. So they use fear (the media's moronic paranoid delusions is an example). Just look how for instance CNN is reporting the shootings at Virgina Tech. Look how those who are not white are treated, like the asians, blacks and middle eastern people are treated.

Back on topic.

A lot of this is probably pressure from the US.

There is probably a 1:billion chance of our ferries being bombed. Besides the service is so bad, who would want to try.

#47 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:21 PM

Look, here's how it works. The purpose of terrorism is not to wreck stuff, it's to change people's behaviour using fear. Blowing stuff up is just a bonus.

If a terrorist can instill fear and anxiety without even bothering to blow stuff up (or even by threatening to blow stuff up) we're playing right into their hands.

Hell, these extremists have never even heard of BC Ferries yet we're going to divert precious resources into a bizarre effort to change a pleasant sea journey into an experience of frustration, fear and paranoia.

Score:
Terrorists 1
Us 0
(And the terrorists didn't even know they were playing)
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."

#48 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

^Nothing says reliability like the words

Greek elevator.

#49 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:30 PM

From todays TC article on the 3 new C-class ferries, found this quite interesting..

For those looking for creature comforts, the new ferries will have seating for 90 per cent of passengers, up from 65 per cent, and 40 per cent more washrooms than their predecessors.

I don't know that I've ever been unable to find a seat. Finding 3 or 4 together might be tough on a packed ship, but singles, no problem. Washroom never been a problem either.

I've been unable to find a single seat before. It kinda sucks, I ended up on the outside decik. Lickily I had the clothes to combat the winter weather.

#50 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:18 PM

Wouldn't the PacifiCat ferries have worked on the Queen Charlotte run? They were supposed to be fast ships, right? The wake problem wouldn't have been a problem at all on the open sea stretches.

#51 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:15 PM

Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#52 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

Wouldn't the PacifiCat ferries have worked on the Queen Charlotte run? They were supposed to be fast ships, right? The wake problem wouldn't have been a problem at all on the open sea stretches.

There's not enough traffic to justify the running cost for those ships is my bet, Though it would've definately cut down on the time.

#53 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:31 PM

Oh, man this is so dumb... :P

Nanaimo crash simulator

http://www.boomcity....ooks/ferry.html

#54 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:10 AM

Around $600,000 was was best crash.

#55 m0nkyman

m0nkyman
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:16 AM

888441$ was my best.

#56 hungryryno

hungryryno
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:24 AM

If you drive it towards the dock you cause over $8 million in damage!

If you just let it go straight without moving at all you cause only $200,000 in damage and you as the captain are warded a free meal for minimal damage!

WHO THINKS OF THIS STUFF? :lol:

#57 m0nkyman

m0nkyman
  • 729 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

It say a lot that neither GumGum nor myslelf actually attempted to dock the boat....

#58 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:00 PM

http://infiltration....-bcferries.html

http://infiltration....ry/ferry17.html

http://www.wraiths.org/bc_ferry.htm

#59 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:17 AM

Holden you spend too much time on-line looking at ferry stuff. I'll bet you belong to that freaky bc ferry forum I found once. That was a scary place.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#60 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

You mean this one? http://ferriesbc.proboards20.com/index.cgi
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users