Photo

Uber / Lyft in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
944 replies to this topic

#121 MillenialDowntownBarStars

MillenialDowntownBarStars
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Well, not to broad brush here, but have you looked at some of the cab drivers?   These guys are not all completely normal.

It's what you get Little Marko, it's all you deserve. As the proprietors say it's hotel motel time folks, we'be got your money now get the f. out.

The downtown is ours, you want to come down here at night and show your girlfriend what a stud you are youdont take her on the bus you call us, and pay us, with a nice tip also. Then we will call you Sir and she will return your calls.

It's a street job we look after you, then take your money, just like the bars.

#122 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

not really selling me with that attitude bud

• VicHockeyFan and Rob Randall like this

#123 MillenialDowntownBarStars

• 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

Don't need to. We'be got the liscence and the permits. You don't want to look after your own people want to show off in some black car device your not willing to pay for. Who cares genius, you don't even know what a chiefs permit is. Another 22 years old expert. Take the bus. Adults take taxi's. And appreciate them. Adults understand how things work.

#124 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

Don't need to. We'be got the liscence and the permits. You don't want to look after your own people want to show off in some black car device your not willing to pay for. Who cares genius, you don't even know what a chiefs permit is. Another 22 years old expert. Take the bus. Adults take taxi's. And appreciate them. Adults understand how things work.

We make marked cab drivers our bit^h every time we roll into town.  Most of you love that, if truth be known.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 15 January 2018 - 06:08 PM.

• Matt R. and New Times Colonist Publisher like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#125 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

Hehe, only time I take a cab is if its a courtesy from the dealership and they dont have any loaners....the cabbies I have met are very nice and professional and are actually pleasant and can hold a 2 way conversation....no different than the Uber Black I rode in 4 times last month in Florida.

Competition is a fact of life. You want to survive? treat your customers well, have reasonable pricing and enough availability to not leave your customers waiting. Throw shade on your customers and you'll soon realise you need them a heck of a lot more than they need you.

• VicHockeyFan and sebberry like this

#126 MillenialDowntownBarStars

• 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

true, but the driver also rates you so if you are drunk or in a pissy mood you get a low rating.  Too low a rating and Uber ignores your request for pickup

generally in a taxi I don't really talk to them other than to give my destination and maybe if I have been out of town did it snow, etc but that's about it

You want to know about ratings? OK. Everyone who works downtown hates you. The cops, the bus drivers, the Cabbies, the bar tenders, the waitresses, the bouncers, the hotdog cart guys, the 7/12 guys, the drug dealers, the gang bangers, the homeless. It's all a best friends lie. But we are professionals and we play nice and polite and friendly because you pay our rent. So we Don't rate you. Uber is some weird middle class delusion, an attempt to avoid direct contact with working people. Us. I believe the government will protect us. From you. Pay your taxes and tip your cabbie in his rattley prius with puke stains on the floor carpets. Life isn't pretty some time kid. It's full of all kinds of disappoinments. Like ending up driving a cab for an old guy living.
  • Matt R. likes this

#127 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

Actually this adult takes his own car and has a designated driver service take him home. The time I do take the bus downtown, your type bud will make me more willing to pay for a hotel if I stay downtown to long to take a bus home.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#128 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

You want to know about ratings? OK. Everyone who works downtown hates you. The cops, the bus drivers, the Cabbies, the bar tenders, the waitresses, the bouncers, the hotdog cart guys, the 7/12 guys, the drug dealers, the gang bangers, the homeless. It's all a best friends lie. But we are professionals and we play nice and polite and friendly because you pay our rent. So we Don't rate you. Uber is some weird middle class delusion, an attempt to avoid direct contact with working people. Us. I believe the government will protect us. From you. Pay your taxes and tip your cabbie in his rattley prius with puke stains on the floor carpets. Life isn't pretty some time kid. It's full of all kinds of disappoinments. Like ending up driving a cab for an old guy living.

To be fair, all the passenger rape convictions and drunk driving and running people over and killing them are you guys behind the wheel in the cabs around here, not us customers.

• Rob Randall likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#129 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

^I know right? A friend of mine works at a liquor store and cabbies are always picking up micky's before and during their shift.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#130 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,567 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

Ok then...

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#131 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Prove you’re a cabby or get outa here, troll!
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#132 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,051 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

Haha I love this guy!

Came to Victoria on Tuesday to see Corb Lund and Ian Tyson blow the roof off of the Royal theatre (and the roof was indeed blown) and between the tickets and dinner at the Livet and bevs at Garrick’s head afterwards I’m sure I spent $200.

Cab from taxicab.com from our house near tillicum to the restaurant was $15 and they messaged me the real time tracking too. Worked great!

Keep em coming, Millenial Whisperer!

Matt.

#133 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for coming out and proving my point so well, bud. You're either a really bad troll or seriously deficient in some critical facilities.

#134 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

This is beyond funny!

So everyone hates me huh!  good to know.  Cops hate me - shrugs who cares, bus drivers hate me - funny I don't take the bus.  cabbies hate me - yawn who care, bartenders - I have talked to a bartender or order a drink from one in over a decade...................even the homeless hate me?  good reason to stay the hell away from me then.

Look, every business model that offers low prices thrives, why do you think Wal Mart and Costco are doing so well.  Uber is just another discounted business model that accepted throughout the world will thrive when it is approved

Maybe you are a disgruntled cab driver about to lose his job because Uber is coming.  Don't blame us because the buggy whip company is closing, get retrained and move on because UBER will roll onto Victoria streets sometime this year whether you like it or not.  Progress and change is good

• jonny and lanforod like this

#135 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

Cabs are a low tech service that I call if I need to, but know I can never count on. I too usually only ride in a cab when my new car is in for service, and the dealer pays for it
The cab always stinks, and is always dirty. Those two things are just a given.

When Uber comes to Victoria, I’ll gladly use them 100% of the time and never sit in a cab again. I suspect the rest of the city will as well.

Cabs and cabbies are on the cusp of being utterly irrelevant in Victoria in 2018, Uber just has to get its foot in the door and cabs and cabbies are gone for good in a town of Victoria’s size.

Won’t be missed, glad to see them gone.

The few good cab drivers in Victoria will become popular Uber drivers to great personal success.
  • VicHockeyFan and jonny like this

#136 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,567 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

The account has been banned, just so everyone’s aware.
  • rjag, LJ, Matt R. and 3 others like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#137 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

100% support said banning.

Simple troll or bitter cab driver - that wasn’t going anywhere good.
  • Mike K., VicHockeyFan, Bingo and 1 other like this

#138 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

The account has been banned, just so everyone’s aware.

Thanks Mike, that poster was something else...

#139 New Times Colonist Publisher

New Times Colonist Publisher
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:37 PM

Build A Wall Between Uber And Travis Kallanick

http://www.livemint....s-Kalanick.html

A recent article about Ubers unethical conduct. Discusses Peter Thiels views about how bad Uber is. Does this make the techie males who keep promoting Uber unethical bad people. That's a good question.

#140 New Times Colonist Publisher

New Times Colonist Publisher
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

Current cost of a Cocktail at the new Q Lounge in the Empress Hotel $16 - $29. Cost of a cab ride in a liscenced, insured, legal and supervised inspected human dispatched taxi within environs of City of Victoria, Esqimalt, Oak Bay and Saanich $5 - 10 - $15. Lost and Found, Local Office & Dispatch Help included. Seems fair. There's even apps at the app store.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users