#41 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

Cascadia FC would have been cool.

• thundergun likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#42 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

That's why we pay you the big dollars.

#43 Brayvehart

Brayvehart
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:44 PM

My favourite club names are Valour FC (Winnipeg) and Cavalry FC (Calgary).

Valour FC and HFX Wanderers FC have the beat club crests.

Attached Images

• HFX-Wanderers-FC.png
  • Valour-FC.png

#44 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

I couldn’t think of a less appealing colour scheme. Was the designer’s printer out of yellow? The colours are literally the cyan and magenta from old 1990s CGA graphics. The 1994 Commonwealth Games called: they want two of their colours back.

Did they seriously think that people would be lining up to buy these jerseys and then wearing them around town?

#45 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

The Halifax one is ok, too busy though. And what’s with all these stately geometric designs... boring. I’m not asking for a Salmon King logo, but c’mon folks! Are they targeting the Oak Bay crowd?

And enough of the FC.. so pompous! Back in the old NASL days they didn’t bother with that crap. Seattle Sounders, New York Cosmos, Portland Timbers, Toronto Blizzard, not an FC to be found. Calling yourself FC, and fans waving a bunch of giant flags, sections calling themselves the southsiders doesn’t magically transport you to Europe.

And while I’m on a grumpy rant, and actually watching the Whitecaps lose 2-0 right now on TSN.. what a boring sport. Only with world bragging rights on the line is there some intrigue and drama. Nearly impossible to get a shot on goal.. or have any meaningful series of passes completed. It’s a game of a 1000 broken chances, and a few fleeting seconds of excitement.

They need to follow rugby’s lead, reduce the number of players to 7 per side and allow changes on the fly like hockey. I

#46 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:05 PM

And will the logos even matter, other than a tiny crest above the heart - will there be a giant sponsor logo across the chest?

Alpine Garbage anyone?

#47 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

And will the logos even matter, other than a tiny crest above the heart - will there be a giant sponsor logo across the chest?

Alpine Garbage anyone?

They matter a ton for merch. Its why the formerly oakland raiders sell so much merch

#48 That Ferry Bay

That Ferry Bay
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

I have signed on to ask a question to those following soccer and sports in general in Victoria. 

Did Victoria miss out by not offering Royal Athletic Park to the club? Could this project in Langford have been a Victoria city project? 

Does it really make sense to have to go to Westhills to see the first truly pro sports team in Victoria?

I am basically trying to figure out if there was interest or the will to have a pro soccer team in a Canadian league in Victoria. And how things could have been different.

#49 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:58 AM

Looks like they're planning for a temporary modular stadium! The goal is to eventually have a  permanent structure with a 7,500 crowd capacity. via https://pacificfc.ca...stadium-profile

WestEntry3-730x375.jpg

CoveredPlaza3-730x389.jpg

Edited by Jackerbie, 14 November 2018 - 08:59 AM.

#50 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:37 AM

Has Pacific FC leaked some further Langford sport news with these images?

I've heard a couple rumours that Climbing Escalade Canada is working with Langford on setting up a permanent shop next door to the Rugby Canada offices. What I've been told is that the land has already been purchased and development is imminent. You can see the large bouldering wall in these images above that would hint at that rumour being true.

• Jackerbie likes this

#51 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

I have signed on to ask a question to those following soccer and sports in general in Victoria. 

Did Victoria miss out by not offering Royal Athletic Park to the club? Could this project in Langford have been a Victoria city project? 

Does it really make sense to have to go to Westhills to see the first truly pro sports team in Victoria?

I am basically trying to figure out if there was interest or the will to have a pro soccer team in a Canadian league in Victoria. And how things could have been different.

Whoops, missed this question when you asked.

Yes, RAP was considered and Victoria totally missed out because the HarbourCats have the facility locked up for too much of the season. 

The stadium in Langford will be magnificent.

Looks like they're planning for a temporary modular stadium! The goal is to eventually have a  permanent structure with a 7,500 crowd capacity. via https://pacificfc.ca...stadium-profile

I don't think they are planning anything "temporary" but it is a modular stadium being built in Italy, disassembled, loaded onto a ship and reassembled in Langford in time for kick off in April.

The plans, as explained to me by one of the owners, are currently to have only three sides of the stands done for 2019 and add the fourth side (where the hydro pole is) in 2020. 

• AllseeingEye likes this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#52 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:07 AM

^

Initially, the Langford Parkway side will become a VIP zone with modular loge and corporate suites, while the two ends will be terraced. The current main stand will also undergo a major renovation. Eventually, the stadium will transition from temporary modular, to a more permanent design. via https://pacificfc.ca...stadium-profile

I was just intrigued that with all of the attention this year on temporary modular housing, we're now seeing the same phrase used for this stadium  :)

#53 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,006 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:05 PM

season ticket pricing announced today.    not inexpensive.  

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 November 2018 - 02:06 PM.

#54 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

A mechandise store is now open in the 600-block of Fort Street. When I called up the PR folks who were on-site they said there was a line-up around the block to get in. Wowzers.

• tedward likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#55 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:12 PM

Some comparisons of cheapest packages for an adult:

Victoria Highlanders - $75 for 7 games, $10.71 per games

Victoria HarbourCats - $350 for 27 games, $12.96 per game

Pacific FC - $247.50 for 15 games, $16.50 per game

Victoria Royals - $625 for 34 games, $18.38 per game

That's a tough price point...will be interesting to see how well they do.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#56 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:15 PM

A mechandise store is now open in the 600-block of Fort Street. When I called up the PR folks who were on-site they said there was a line-up around the block to get in. Wowzers.

That's amazing, given the team name, logo, colour scheme and location of home ground are all straight up awful.

• thundergun likes this

#57 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:54 PM

That's amazing, given the team name, logo, colour scheme and location of home ground are all straight up awful.

Agree on logo and colours but name and field location are fine

#58 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

I find it amusing that they play in Langford but had their grand gala announcement in Vic West and opened their merchandise store in downtown Victoria

• thundergun likes this

#59 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:45 PM

I find it amusing that they play in Langford but had their grand gala announcement in Vic West and opened their merchandise store in downtown Victoria

Makes sense business wise as downtown is still the retail CORE of greater Victoria

#60 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:39 AM

Another new rendering of the stadium layout for the opening season.

DtRbnDhUwAAo6li.jpg

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users